StL 2019 NLDS Game 4 thread: Mon 10/7 vs. Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 NLDS Game 4 thread: Mon 10/7 vs. Braves

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 196 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

way to go wong.

1982 willie
    Participant

well its back to ozuna

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Wong with his third chance to get on in front of the boppers. He needs to take advantage and use his speed – try at least once to drag bunt. Play a little Maury Wills and put the pressure on the “D”.

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

I never saw the Edman AB and only saw the swing from Dejong. The TBS app crapped out and came in when they said he was off with the pitch. lol

Then you missed DeJong squaring around and showing the world why Shildt didn’t have him sac bunt last night when they absolutely should have.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Forget the bunt. 🙂

1982 willie
    Participant

yea we are going back to atlanta

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

Yadi may not be all that good anymore, but he sure is clutch.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Yoo-Hoo!!!

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

See you Wednesday night!!!!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Yadi! What more can you say!

David
    Participant

Free

Phew

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Then you missed DeJong squaring around and showing the world why Shildt didn’t have him sac bunt last night when they absolutely should have.

I never saw it nor knew anything about a bunt other than reading a comment from someone saying how we didn’t have a minf who could.

I also didn’t see the first 2 hitters of this inning. Had to go take a quick dump and head back to the desk.

We win so It don’t matter!lol

jim
    Participant

Free

Yadi comes through…again. See you in Atlanta boyz..

David
    Participant

Free

Right now the game is scheduled for a 5 est, and correct me if I’m wrong but if the Dodgers close out the series tonight I believe it would be scheduled for a 7 or 8 est start.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just checking in from the woods…looks like y’all had a good time the last couple of days. Well, not a good time both days…but glad to see the Cards are still fighting!!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Shannon was in disbelief that they pitched to Yadi there. But he was a strong DP candidate so I can understand. Fortunately he got a pitch to drive and knew that was all he needed to do.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Woo: Butternut soup, salmon patties and creamed peas.

David
    Participant

Free

The big question heading into Game 5 is not if the pitchers will be nervous because for each it will be their first deciding game so you’d expect the nerves to be plenty but which one will battle through those nerves the best and send their team to the NLCS?

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Rick Sutcliffe was saying take Yadi out earlier in the game because he was hurt. This is Yadi Molina. He’s a honey badger and just takes what he wants. Dude just gets it done. What a gamer.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Shannon was in disbelief that they pitched to Yadi there. But he was a strong DP candidate so I can understand. Fortunately he got a pitch to drive and knew that was all he needed to do.

I don’t know if it was the right call. Matt Carpenter was due up next.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Yadi was like 1 for 15 lifetime against Teharan. He was looking for a pitch in a spot and got it. Big league hitters don’t miss mistakes often. There’s a reason though that Teharan was originally left off the post season roster.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

With the quick inning by Mikolas, he should be available for some work Wednesday if needed.

Feel good about our chances. Flaherty on the hill, and I just get the sense this offense is ready to put some runs on the board. Fowler hit three balls hard today with nothing to show for it, and Goldy and Ozuna look good. DeJong is the guy who looks lost. Not sure what the deal is with him. He was our best player the first six weeks or so of the season.

David
    Participant

Free

Perhaps moving Yadi up to bat 2nd maybe a possibility. I don’t see Shildt doing that but I think it would work and have Edman leadoff.

David
    Participant

Free

My hope is that Flaherty gets his outs with limited strikeouts on Wednesday so that way pitch count will not be a factor and just maybe Shildt will leave him in there to finish it out.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s get some runs for Jack Wednesday and head to LA!

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 196 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.