StL 2019 NLCS Game 1 thread: Fri 10/11 vs. Nats

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 NLCS Game 1 thread: Fri 10/11 vs. Nats

Viewing 10 posts - 126 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

Ratsbuddy

On the triple by Eaton in the 7th. Fowler loafed – LOAFED – after the ball when it was at the wall. And Eaton beat the throw into 3rd by a whisker.

I think he is just a gangly human being and looks awkward when he has to make quick adjustments.

Participant

Free

mspaid
    Discouraging to be sure. If we can’t beat Sanchez then how can we beat Sherzer, Strasburg or Corbin? I hope it’s not a sweep.

No posts over the entire last month, but definitely wanted to get in a dig during the near no-hitter in the NLCS. LMAO. Never change Nate!

Some posts from the recent past:

mspaid
    That is sobering and depressing. There is really nothing to look forward to with this organization except perpetual mediocrity.

mspaid
    Schildt, Maddux and company are going nowhere. You’ll need to learn to live with it.

Open mouth, enter crow.

Participant

Free

CIF, if that’s the case, please have the exact same thing for your “din din” that you did on Wednesday please?

Participant

Free

<Onyxgem wrote:

Gameday oh so sorry oh great English Major I misspelled the fools name. But continuing to pitch to one of their hottest hitters with a base open was stupid >

So says one esteemed couch coach. Only a fool would call someone a fool and not even know how that fool spelled his name. Fools, fools, the joint is overloaded. Shildt has taken you off his Christmas card list.

Participant

Paid - Annual

My din-din of sauerkraut, sausages and mashed potatoes was hardly the repast of a winner and probably jinxed them.

Unfortunately you’re most likely correct, CardinalinFrance. Your din-din, fit not for a king, but rather Otis Taylor, had to have cost us a run….and quite possibly two. It is not wise to toy with the baseball Gods, especially at this point in the season. My wifey pointed your post out to me early this morning….and it shocked us both. Speaking of my lesser half, does anyone else’s wife read our posts? Mine never posts, but loves reading though our posts from the week on early saturday mornings. She has plagiarized a few CardinalinFrance din-dins already. She adores a bunch of you guys, but I think her favorites are Carioca and the Esteemed Rat. Go figure……. talk about an Odd Couple……those two in the same room standing side by side would epitomize an extremely odd couple.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Guys, let’s stop the name-calling. If that is the only insight you can add to the discussion about the game, then I suggest you reconsider posting at all.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

This has been the Cardinals all year – struggles on offense for a few games, then an explosion of runs.

The key to winning this series is going to be that we win a couple of these offensively-challenged games. We need to win a couple of 2-1, 3-2 type games, because if we can hang in there for six or seven we will have a game or two where we will put up 8-10 runs.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Obviously I didn’t get to see this one, but it looks like the offense decided to go dormant at the wrong time again. The Nats have to feel pretty good about winning with their scrub starter and having their studs ready to go the next three. The Cards had better focus and get their bearings fast because they need to beat at least 2 of Scherzer, Corbin and Strasburg. They’ve done it before so hopefully they can again.

Participant

Paid - Annual

It was certainly a disappointing performance by the offense but the Cardinals have been fooling us all year. Just when we think they are toast they rise up. They can look terrible against a no-name pitcher one night then smoke the ace the next night. We have seen it happen before. If I am not mistaken we smacked Scherzer around a couple of weeks ago. This series isn’t over.

Boy things must be bad when I am the optimist of the group.

Participant

Free

well it is true we generally do better against the better pitchers. I don’t consider sanchez a scrub pitcher though. he isn’t sherzer or strasburgh but he is good. but our hitters made him look a lot better last night than he was. I know most wont like it on this board but id still put bader in and have edman at third and carp on bench. yea he strikes out a lot but at least if he does walk or actually hit his way a board he can score from first on a long single. plus that puts carp as a pinch hitter which I believe right now he is better served for. his experience would be big in a late game situation as an option off bench. plus our defense all around improves almost a 100 percent. plus id rather have bader striking out in the 8th spot vs carpenter in the 6th spot. if we want to just go the bad defense route, it would be better to have edman at third and Martinez in the outfield. Martinez is streaky and looks really bad when he is struggling, but he can get very hot plus he did get our only hit last night.

Viewing 10 posts - 126 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years