StL 2019 NLCS Game 1 thread: Fri 10/11 vs. Nats

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 NLCS Game 1 thread: Fri 10/11 vs. Nats

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Comeback Cardinals need to appear!

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Misspelling wasn’t the worst thing you did…saying something stupid was the worst.

Participant

Free

Like everything you post fool. The manager was dumb to pitch to Kendrick there and he made them pay.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Ugh

Participant

Free

15 innings without a run. 13 innings 1 hit. Ouch. Feast or famine and it’s been all famine since the 13 run outburst. And it doesn’t get any easier now with what they throw at them next.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by AvatarTexasCard.
    Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Sanchez and Doolittle. One hit. Pathetic showing. Now they get to face the real pitchers. Way to bring the energy to the plate, outlook’s great!

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Maybe Shildt needs to give a different f-bomb speech tonight.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

On the triple by Eaton in the 7th. Fowler loafed – LOAFED – after the ball when it was at the wall. And Eaton beat the throw into 3rd by a whisker.

Seems to me if Fowler would have busted a gut to get to that ball he could have held Eaton to a double or got him out at 3rd.

Anybody else notice this? Or will everyone pile on me because I seem to be mean and saying bad things about our Cardinals?

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Free

Don’t know who those guys were tonight. Looked like the same bunch of imposters that played our last series in LA a couple months ago. I thought they were long gone but looks like they’re back. Maybe the real Cardinals will show up tomorrow!

Participant

Free

Anyone want to claim the in house lineup is ok for next year?… Didn’t think so!

HP ump was beyond awful

Participant

Free

well was out most of the evening down at our fall festival but got back and watched game which I had recorded. I kinda wish I hadn’t bothered. that was a very pathetic effort tonight. sanchez was getting credit for pitching great but that wasn’t what was happening here. that was just horrible hitting all around. a definite team effort there. a great job by mikolas but as happens a lot for our pitchers, our offense didn’t hold up their end of the bargain. the dodgers gifted us a home field playoff advantage and we just gave it away the first night. that’s exactly the kinda games at home you have to win.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Poor Cardinal-in-France is going to wake up soon and see what happened.

Poor guy.

Participant

Free

fowler always loafs after the ball. but everyone says we need his great offense so he needs to be in there. of course its been a while since ive seen that great hitting. now the announcers did bring up how he has been a little unlucky since hes been barreling up so many balls but no hits. but I didn’t see no barreling up tonight. I seemed to have missed some of those other ones too. mostly hes been just horrible lately.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Fowler did pull up a bit right before he got to the track and then seemed to carefully (slower than top speed for sure) approach the ball — kind of like you would do when expecting a hard rebound. In this case the ball had already bounced four times and was just rolling, so it was a case of low urgency and didn’t make sense. Being casual on defense is not a rare event for Fowler. It’s possible it might’ve made a difference.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Amen Euro!

That’s exactly what I saw.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Rat, I have no sympathy at all for CIF. Maybe I even have some envy. He didn’t have to watch tonight’s putrid offense get shutdown big time by the fourth stringer.

Participant

Discouraging to be sure. If we can’t beat Sanchez then how can we beat Sherzer, Strasburg or Corbin? I hope it’s not a sweep.

Brock20Brock20
    Participant

Free

The only reason they stay with Sanchez and he proceeds to 1 hit us is we send out and continue to stay with a weak offensive lineup . Carp and Fowler need to be benched . This is on our manager !

Participant

Paid - Annual

I thought the same thing. I felt a bit embarrassed for Fowler. The way he went after that ball was lame. I also thought at the time that Bader might have caught that ball that Kendrick hit for a leadoff double in the 2nd inning.

Participant

Free

He appeared to take a careful approach to the ball coming off the wall. What I also saw was Ozuna being nowhere remotely in the picture. Was he playing on the line or something? lol

We all know this isn’t the spot we want him playing in the field but with Bader playing himself into the doghouse this is what we’ve lowered ourselves to do. Shildt isn’t going to start Arazorena. I think he would’ve played Thomas if he had him available but can’t worry about that now.

And besides Fowler defense there’s one slight thing were overlooking. The 1 hit we got the entire game. It could’ve went 12 innings and I think we’d been stuck on one hit. That’s how bad this offense was and how putrid it was most of the season. We honestly shouldn’t feel shocked by this after a 13 run outburst. You could see the #2 being ready to be deposited at the toilet known as the batters box from the upper deck of Cardinals Nation.

Participant

Paid - Annual

The Nats bullpen is one of the most unreliable in the majors, plus their closer is on maternity leave. If we can run the pitch count up on Scherzer, Strasburg, and Corbin, and get into the Nats bullpen, it should help, although it didn’t help tonight as mighty Sean Doolittle retired the Cards with the greatest of ease.

I sometimes wonder if the problem with hitting this year is somehow related to the confusion generated by Jeff Albert and Mark Budaska butting heads nearly all season long.

Participant

Free

Ok! What lineup would you put out there? Tommy Edman can’t play 2 positions and bat twice in the order. Anyone else you can think of to replace either Fowler or Carpenter other than Edman has some sort of flaw. O’Neill isn’t even on the roster and I can tell you he wouldn’t have made enough contact to get a charge out of one unless Sanchez served up the grandest of gopher balls. Guy were swinging for the fences tonight with no success.

Arozarena- Rookie with limited exposure. Shildt isn’t going to start him.

Bader-All Glove and regressed as a hitter this year. Looks like he doesn’t belong in the majors at the plate.

Munoz-Has virtually not played since September 25th.

Martinez-Can hit sometimes but can’t play anywhere without making himself look like a fool.

Wieters- Backup Catcher that has hit .132 since early August.

This is what we’ve got to work with. So you better hope some guys see the light and the error of their plate approach or this will be a quickie.

Participant

Free

Don’t know who those guys were tonight. Looked like the same bunch of imposters that played our last series in LA a couple months ago. I thought they were long gone but looks like they’re back. Maybe the real Cardinals will show up tomorrow!

You serious with this? They showed up in games 2 and 3 in the Braves series.

Discouraging to be sure. If we can’t beat Sanchez then how can we beat Sherzer, Strasburg or Corbin? I hope it’s not a sweep.

Didn’t we beat Max a few short weeks ago?

They really need to find the magic from games 4 and 5. Bottom line is if they can’t average 4 runs a game in this series they aren’t going to win and nor do they deserve to. Heck I’d give them 25% chance at that rate of scoring. Nats seem to have something going after that moderate upset in the NLDS. Need to figure out way!

Participant

Free

Well that did not, as they say, make my day. A pre-breakfast one-hit Saturday jolt. At least part of my forecast was correct: I predicted the Nats would only score two runs. Unfortunately the Birds fell woefully short of the nine runs I had expected of them.
    I suppose I must accept part of the blame. My din-din of sauerkraut, sausages and mashed potatoes was hardly the repast of a winner and probably jinxed them. Bird bats were certainly sour.
    May today be a better day.
    Rah Cardinals!

Participant

Free

Onyxgem

Like everything you post fool. The manager was dumb to pitch to Kendrick there and he made them pay.

I was hoping he’d stay with Miller. It was a bad pitch though, stayed right over the middle of the plate when Yadi was set up either outside or inside, can’t remember.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 135 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years