StL 2019 NLCS Game 1 thread: Fri 10/11 vs. Nats

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 NLCS Game 1 thread: Fri 10/11 vs. Nats

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    DaveDave
    Participant

Free

I like your positive attitude Wooster. I don’t really pay attention to what anyone says. The so called experts were planning an LCS party that was crashed by the Nats and Cards.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

Here’s a lineup I think would be effective but I don’t see Shildt going this route.

Vs RHP. Vs Corbin
    Edman RF DeJong ss
    Molina C. Molina C
    Goldy 1B Goldy 1B
    Ozuna LF. Ozuna LF
    Fowler CF. Edman 3B
    Carp 3B. Fowler rf
    Wong 2B Wong 2B
    DeJong SS. Arozarena CF

I know many will disagree with having DeJong bat lead off against Corbin but I just feel that he can get some good AB and maybe it will help get his swing back if the Cards go forward.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, Wooster is one of the crown jewels here at The Cardinal Nation, Dave. It is amazing thay both these teams are in the final 4 derby for the right to go down in baseball annals as world champions for the year 2019. The Dodgers and Braves, with their almost never ending stream of All Star representatives and what are sure to be award recipients, find themselves on the outside looking in , on the season’s marquee grand finale. For all four of our finalists, it has of course, been a team effort to arrive at this most prestigious juncture. As far as our Cardinals go, one unheralded player stands out to me as being the missing link that the Cardinals needed to flourish . Without him, there is no way that his team would still be engaged in battle. Would Tommy Edman please stand up.

Participant

Paid - Annual

As usual Pugs nails it. While several players have contributed to where we are this team changed the day Edman got promoted. No doubt about that.

I think the Cards win this series in 6 games.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Avatargscottar.
    DaveDave
    Participant

Free

I agree Pugs and gscottar, Edman would be my pick for Cardinals player of the year. He brought energy and character to the team.

jimjim
    Participant

Free

Daniel Hudson on of the Nats relievers may miss games 1 and 2 on paternity leave…

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I just saw that, Jim. That weakens an already iffy pen.

With Sanchez pitching, I think the hitting approach needs to be less “ambush early” and make him prove he has command. If they can get ahead in counts, this is a guy they hit in the zone. If they flail away early in counts at his junk, it could be a bad night offensively. They made it tough for Folty in Game 5, so don’t give Sanchez anything either.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Here are the Umpires for this NLCS. At least for Game One:

HP – Mike Muchlinski
    1B – Chris Conroy
    2B – Bill Miller (CC)
    3B – Phil Cuzzi
    LF – Chad Fairchild
    RF – Fieldin Culbreth

Replay, Games 1 & 2: Chris Guiccione
    Replay, Games 3-7: Mike Muchlinski

As a side note, from what I have seen Phil Cuzzi is a terrible balls/strikes umpire.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Free

Well, it’s bedtime here now (11:54 p.m.). I would like to wake up tomorrow morning and read all of your delicious posts about our 9-2 win.
    Rah Cardinals!

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

What I don’t know: who will come through with the big hit or big play. The best lineup to use, what pitcher to bring in.

What I do know: we are in the LCS for the first time since 2014. As long as we have an AB, we have life. Never count us out.

What I’m sure of? I am proud to be a Cardinals fan.

My only key to the First 2 games: if we don’t come to bat in the 9th, it will increase our chances of taking a 2-0 lead back to D.C. 🤩

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Its rainy and windy and the temps are dropping here in SW Indiana so I am NOT going to the Jasper @ Washington football game tonight. Besides, Jasper will blow them out, probably 42-0 or something like that.

So, that means that me and Whitey Herdog will be tuned in to the NLCS. The Doppler Radar shows all clear in St. Louis although its going to be cool tonight, around 55 at game time. Upper 50s for the tomorrow afternoon game. We may very well see cool temps this entire series.

At first pitch I will be having a 7×50 Palma Real cigar and after its done it will be time to have a bowl of Hungry Man’s Sirloin Burger soup, some Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies, and then a chocolate shake. And then another 7×50 Palma Real cigar for the late innings. Then after the game probably an episode of Barnaby Jones. And who knows, maybe ANOTHER 7×50 Palma Real cigar whilst I watch Barnaby.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

Whoever prevails, this will be a series that we Cardinal fans will be discussing for decades. But, before we turn the first page, let us please acknowledge the wonderful 2019 campaigns turned in by the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Atlanta Braves. Both of these fine teams worked their butts off for 162 games and were head and heels better than all other NL contestants. They provided 6 months of joy and excitement to their fans and an informal promise as to what would be coming their way come October. Though the Dodgers and Braves will not be playing on baseball’s biggest stage this year, they both did set the stage for our Cardinals and Washington’s Nationals to make history by completely laying an egg in their decisive Game 5 affairs in front of their own faithful fans. And for this we must be grateful.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s go Redbirds! Gotta love playoff baseball!

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs,
    You need to be on Trump’s anti-Impeachment team with a speech like that..:)

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who is going to turn his TV on right now

Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikolas turned in a very good first inning. Excellent strikes versus balls ratio.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Rat. I’m calling your game 38-27 Jasper.

Carter Le GrandCarter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Shannon sounds sober tonight

Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikolas looking good. Offense needs to get going here!

Carter Le GrandCarter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Too dang cold to swing from the heels, boys

Participant

Free

Boy Pugs you make it sound like its an honor lose the make or break game . What did you guys do for din-din. We had round steak cooked in Italian dressing, mash poes and peas. Gonna have a low cal chocalate dipped ice cream bar in a little bit, soon as we get the lead I hope. Got to watch out for Rendon, he has been good lately. Liked that bunt by Carp but I don’ t think anyone was on base to move over was there? Couldn’t believe Dexters BA was only .91 ? Must be better if you look at it for Sept. Only? Wheres a stat man when you need one?

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

The balls not traveling tonight so the Redbirds need to score runs by putting hits together and smart base running.

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

No base runners the first time through. Actually not surprised. Look for the Cardinals to be more aggressive 2nd time around.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Just homemade tacos & beans for my din-din, Wooster. I was going to opt for something a bit fancier due to the occasion, but worked later than expected, so I didn’t stop by the fresh seafood shop on my way home.

Boy this game is uneventful so far. What I wouldn’t give for just 3 of those 10 1st inning runs on Wednesday. First team to 3 definitely wins this one.

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

My dinner will consist of rib-eye steak, baked potato, corn on the cob, Zucchini , with beet salad, and French bread.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 135 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years