StL 2019 Game 97 thread: Fri 7/19 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 97 thread: Fri 7/19 at Reds

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Leone has been nothing short of awful this year

Yes, but he was an efficient kind of awful tonight. He did all his damage on just two pitches.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I was out of pocket most of the evening and am now just catching up. I missed all of the fireworks.

I saw Waino on the FSM post game show and he said part of his problem was that he got too hot and the dugout didn’t have any fans to cool down with. I have never heard that one before. The truth is Waino has been bad on the road all year.

Great performance by the offense tonight. DeJong seems to like hitting lower in the lineup.

CMart looked shaky again. That doesn’t bode well for the future. Maybe those trade rumors are getting to him.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Funny Euro! You hate to be negative, especially on a night like this when you kind of luckily gain victory. But, Leone would head my list of 3 Cardinals, who under no circumstances, I would NOT want to see back with the club in 2020:

1. Leone
    2. Dexter ( though I don’t hate his play any longer ).
    3. Carp

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards will pick up a game on the Brewers tonight. Their game is out of reach in the 7th, down 10-4 to the snakes. 😉

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Sterling comeback by the road club – a real team effort. Wacha stabilized things and did a good job of working out of runners-on-base situations. And of course the error by Votto opened the door a little wider.

One of those games that was never truly over until it was over. Had that last ball been just a little to the left or right, the Reds would have won in a thrilling comeback of their own.

The club is 6-2 since the break, if I am recalling it correct. Hopefully they can keep it going. What got lost in all of the craziness was Lavarnway’s terrific effort.

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years