StL 2019 Game 97 thread: Fri 7/19 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 97 thread: Fri 7/19 at Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Funny how when you don’t strike out or hit into double plays, good things happen. Ten runs, and the only mistake was an inning-ending K.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

David
    Participant

Free

I was checking the progress of the game on my phone and when I saw it 0-7. I thought here we go again. Then it was 2-7, with bases loaded and 1 out and I thought maybe?. Well with clutch 2 out hitting and 8 runs later, it is now 10-7. Good job boys. Let’s add on.

1982 willie
    Participant

man I had went out with the girlfriend to the store, come back and I turned on the game. first thing I see we are down 7-2 but and I see puig make a bad throw to third. then all of a sudden im seeing us score in total 8 more runs. what an inning. got a little help, some bad reds defense but we haven’t been always done anything with errors in the past so great to see us make em pay tonight. its easy to give up runs here so we got to pitch well here and play solid defense. bad start by waino though, cant overlook that just because we came back.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Didn’t know Wainrights record on the road was that bad, check out Mikolas on the road too. According to the experts we should beat Cinncy. But you know the definition of an expert don’t you? An “ex” is a has been and a “spurt” is a leaky faucet
    Substitute first baseman for me would be DeJong tall good hands. Wieters and Kinzer are too valuable as Catchers for me to see out there.Go Cardinals!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Fire up the bullpen and lets clamp this one down!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A 2 out empty base walk will put an abrupt end to Shreve’s evening….enter John Michael Gant.

Peraza – Strokes a liner into left for a solid base knock….Votto holding at 2nd.

Puig – Represents the tying run. Get em Gantster! Flys to right and Puig isn’t happy about it….sweet!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I left the house to get in the A/C since my power is out and it was 7-0. Saw it was 7-2 when I left the store and 7-5 when I got home. Hopped on the app to see Jmart’s dinger. Gotta win this one now.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How about we hit them with another 10 spot here in the 7th? Wonder when 10+ runs in consecutive innings last occured in MLB? That would be an excellent question for Skippy and our good friends over at the esteemed Elias Sports Bureau.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong DePosits of 2 run monster way up into the rafters in left!! 12-7 Birds!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not many leads are secure in this band box. Gant still dealing for the Good Guys , with Scooter leading things off for the Redlegs.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Munoz looks very comfy out in right….much unlike his predecessor in this ballgame. No, he’s not going to win any GG’s at any of the 7 positions he can play, but he won’t embarrass you either. TLR would have loved this kid!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edmundo Sosa doesn’t look like he’ll get cheated on his swings very often.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

TLR would find a way to get Munoz on the mound, too. He liked nothing better than the scrappy middle infielder who he thought could play anywhere, even with no experience at the position. No matter.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This 5 run advantage certainly isn’t secure with Mr. Leone front and center in this ballgame.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And just like that Lavarnway makes it a 3 run game! Get him out of here!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ouch, Leone up to his old tricks. Hopefully they can nail it down with the A bullpen from here.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Miller immediately walks Winker. Cmart is warming up.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Votto, Suarez, Scooter and now this Lavarnway kid could spell trouble for NL Central contenders….which is everyone other than Pittsburgh.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Did Gallegos pitch last night? Love to see him in this ballgame…..he extinguished more fires that those guys in that “Backdraft” flic.

1982 willie
    Participant

miller is never a sure thing. its getting too interesting.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Miller gets Peraza to fly out and Puig to K to get out of the inning with the 3 run lead.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Love it…..once again Puig does not deliver with 2 outs and runners on….Miller whiffs him swinging in this at bat. 12-9 Birds going to the 9th.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

This HP ump is as bad as I’ve seen all year calling balls-strikes.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Consistently bad on the low pitches I’ve noticed. Perfect guy to have on Angel Hernandez’ crew!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.