StL 2019 Game 97 thread: Fri 7/19 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 97 thread: Fri 7/19 at Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A quick top of the 9th takes us to the final half inning. I presume Carlos will be on to close the door on the Reds.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Boy this O’Neill kid could blossom into an elite power hitter….flys out to Puig in foul turf in this at bat, but no way you trade this fellow at this early juncture in his career. Carlos time is upon us.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Pugs, Gallegos got five outs last night on 28 pitches.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos looking mighty spiffy as he K’s Scooter leading off the Redleg 9th.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos Ks Bennett for the first out. Follows it up with a K of Ervin. Now Dietrich gaps one to put a temporary halt on the festivities.

Participant

Free

its getting tense.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos is struggling to hit the plate now, and not getting any close calls to boot. He walks the tying run to the plate. Sheesh

Participant

Free

they might need to get somebody up, Martinez isn’t right.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The second pitch this at bat was a strike called a ball. Finally he gets one across the plate. This Reds catcher is having the game of his life. Carlos has him 2-2 now…can he finish it off? He almost tosses it away and Knizner makes a nice play on it. Here we go 3-2…and a walk. I guess the Cards are going to live or die with Cmart.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Didn’t Winker hit a walk off granny against the Cards before?? I sure hope history won’t repeat itself

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Two run single…it’s 12-11 with Votto coming up.

Participant

Free

ive always felt you should have somebody up just in case. I know they thin k it tires their arms out but just easy throwing is fine, right now brebbia should be in there. we may still win it but doesn’t change it.

Participant

Free

its a winner

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cmart gets Votto 0-2 now…he just needs one pitch to get out of this. 1-2 wide of the zone. He smokes one…right at Goldy, who steps on the bag for the win! Whew!

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Martinez appeared to lose his mind after getting the first two so easy. Lucky to win.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Brian…..might see him tomorrow then, as Carlos has complete control of this baby ad Ervin now goes down on strikes. Oh oh…..Dietrich doubles to the wall in left, giving VanMeter a chance to extend things. What is it with all of these multiple capital letters in baseball players last names???? We didn’t have that jazz when I was a kid…..Henry AaRon, Mel sTottleMyer, Lou BrOck or Bob GiBSon just doesn’t look right….nor do these modern day funky last names. Oh oh, a walk sends LaVarnway to the dish with an opportunity for 9 rbi in this ballgame and a tie to boot. Get em Carlos! Lavarnway walks and that will load the bases to their full capacity and this is not funny in the least! Winkler shoots a bade hit to right that will plate 2 and suddenly it’s a 12-11 St. Louis ballgame and here comes Joey……this game is as scary as “The Shinning”…..I’ll be seeing the word “REDRUM” in my sleep if we lose this one. Votto lines out to Goldschmidt at 1st and the Redbirds clip the Redlegs 12-11!!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs with the 11-10 prediction comes very close to the score. Well done, Pugs!!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks stlcard25! It’s been close, but no cigar for me the last two nights, as I had the Cards winning 8-3 yesterday and of course we won 7-4. But tomorrow is a new day and with it a chance for me to redeem myself.

Participant

Free

No double plays or Ks, and we score runs. We lost runs early on DPs. Everyone stepped up when we scored ten: no dumb mistakes, except by them.

Participant

Free

I think the only things a game like this tells me that there’s a need for a starting and relief pitching additions at least.

Participant

Free

Another scary finish, if you can’t be good you better be lucky. 12 runs on 12 runs is awesome, 18 hits by Cinncy doesn’t sound too good for our pitching. Gteat to watch, glad we Won! Go Cardinals!

Participant

Free

Leone has been nothing short of awful this year

Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos notches the Save, but it certainly won’t go down as one of his glamorous ones. He starts off by fanning the first 2 hitters….and then as most of the Reds faithful were heading for thed turnstiles, he gives them reason to quickly scamper back to grab a seat. You know what I want? A closer with a chip on his shoulder….one who looks like Jack Nicholson in the aforementioned “The Shinning”…..yep, that’s exactly the look I want for my closer.

Participant

Free

Mote or Habrosky!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha! Indeed Wooster….boy would I love to see side-by-side pics of AL in his prime and Jack Nicholson in his frenzied state in “The Shinning. They could be brothers. Matter of fact, Al may have stole some of Jack’s looks to use for his baseball gig.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years