StL 2019 Game 90 thread: Fri 7/12 vs. D-backs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 90 thread: Fri 7/12 vs. D-backs

This topic contains 77 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs now a 3-0 lead on the Pirates in the top of the 8th. Both Archer and Darvish were on their games today.

I am going to water my landscaping after while and then make me a couple of cheeseburgers on the grill just before game time. Have some bar-b-q chips with the cheeseburgers as well, and a Mt. Dew. Then a cigar to cap it all off. I am sure Whitey Herdog will want a bite or two of the cheeseburgers.

r/Esteemed Rat

EDIT: Starling Marte a 3-run homer in the top of the 8th to tie the game 3-3.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy.
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Can we please put a halt to frequent cub updates when they are winning, Rat? When losing, update to your heart’s content. No dessert tonight, Rat? Very much not like you…..must be slimming down for your Bombers lady I suspect. Crab legs on the docket this way.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Lets get this 2nd half started with a bang tonight. Preferably with a large number of bangs. Make my morning wakeup check a happy one.

Rah Cardinals.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs,
    I forgot about the banana cream pie I got at the amish restaurant yesterday. I’ll have a big piece of it for dessert.

And sorry to report the Cubs plate a run in the bottom of the 8th to take a 4-3 lead on the Pirates heading to the 9th. But, on the flip side, that means Kimbrel is probably coming in so this could get interesting.

r/Esteemed Rat

EDIT: Kimbrel gets the save and the Cubs hang on 4-3. Sorry Pugs, no more Cubs updates today.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy.
    Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Have we got a lineup yet?

ZTR
    ZTR
    Participant

Free

The Cardinals are in a really, really strange place from the FO to the roster to the manager.
    I’ve followed them closely since the late 70’s and starting with the second half of 2015 through today it’s been pretty blah baseball for the most part.

Carp, Wainwright, and Molina don’t have much tread left and some of the younger players just seem lost and rudderless.

I had thought this season would be back on track after watching all the young starting pitching close out last season. I figured there were 8-9 guys to pick your 5 man rotation from but it hasn’t panned out (yet).

The pitching may yet sort itself out; maybe not this season but I’m still hopeful. It’s the lack of anything like consistent offensive production that has me really concerned.

If you squint your eyes at it you could almost take the same roster into next season; maybe add a bat and, if all the pieces fell into place have yourself a playoff team (see April of this year).

I sure don’t have the answers but I’m happy to join the conversation here.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Was hoping Knizner would get the start against the lefty.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

PDL gives up a single, but Ks two and gives the Cards a chance to score the game’s first run in their half of the first.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

PDL has faced 10 batters through 3 innings, striking out 4. Still no score. Also, Bader sporting a new ‘do in CF — I guess trying for the reverse Samson effect.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ponce has been solid tonight. I like the way he battles.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, until there I guess. 1-0 Arizona

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

A bad play by Martinez in left, but it did not cost them a run. 1-0 Snakes in the middle of the fifth.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Welcome ZTR! I think we have a writer in our midst.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Welcome, ZTR!

Wieters ties the score with a home run in the home fifth.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Miller comes up and immediately gives AZ the lead on a solo HR to Jake Lamb. Gant now coming in.

Per the telecast, four of Miller’s seven HRs allowed this season were to left-handed batters. Not good at all…

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

1 run in last 16 innings….offense is a joke

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Regardless of Memphis Ponce looks to be the best starter in St.Louis. Hopefully tonight wasn’t just a dress rehearsal as trade bait.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

4-1 Arizona now on a Marte 2-run dinger off of Gant.

Cards with 1 run and 2 hits through 7 innings. Same old team. Back to under .500.

r/Esteemed Rat

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Welp, the AS break didn’t take the boring out of StL Cardinals baseball. They’ve got one more inning at the plate to snooze through.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Can’t wait for the Cardinals to trade Ponce for an older, less productive veteran.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another disappointing offensive performance …

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

It’s only one game.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years