StL 2019 Game 9 thread: Sun 4/7 vs. Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 9 thread: Sun 4/7 vs. Padres

Viewing 15 posts - 51 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

great job today all around. glad to see Molina get going. I didn’t really have doubts with him though. lets keep it going.

1982 willie
    Participant

im hoping this gets brebbia more chances going forward when we have the lead. he already deserved the shot but maybe shildt is starting to pay attention.

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free

rumors of Wainwright’s demise seem to have been greatly exaggerated.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Very good fundamentals today. And Waino continues to surprise me.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

The baserunning this series has given me indigestion. There were some really stupid baserunning blunders that led to stupid outs.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Good to be back in the win column. Keep working the kinks out.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Finally a game to actually feel good about. Pitching improved, batting improved, fielding ok, base running needs work. There’s never an excuse for a base running mistake and we’re seeing too many of those, especially for a speedster like Bader. But looking forward to beating LA tomorrow.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bring on LA!! This will be a defining series. We will see what this team is made of. We all vividly recall how that Dodger team came into St. Louis late last September and absolutely threw this Cardinal team to the turf and then smeared dirt into it’s faces. Only through the heroics of today’s hero, Adam Wainwright, did the Birds salvage one lone game from that 4 game series. If the Cardinals do not return the favor and dominate this series with LA then it is going to be a long season…..mark my words.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hader had an 8 out save today. I guess they wanted to beat the Cubs badly. At this rate his arm is going to fall off. I wish we played the Brewers tomorrow.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I didn’t have high hopes for Waino, but he proved me wrong. Nice work, Adam. Good to see the bullpen lock it down, as well. Now let’s get a win streak going!

GACard
    Participant

Free

Love that from waino. If we can get a good start from him every other start, that could be a huge lift for the team. Considering bullpen struggles and everyone other than Wong and Bader having a disappointing first several games on offense, we shouldn’t feel too bad to walk out 4-5. It could’ve been a lot worse with the way we won in Pitt too

Haders career will be over in the next two years with what the brewers are doing to him

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Step up and collect your winnings if coming into the season you picked Adam Wainwright to collect the first win of the season by a Cardinals starter.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Cardinal in France: “Jeez Waino gets in a jam and we have to listen to a whole inning of chit-chat about hockey.”
    Oh how you echo my sentiments. I loved hockey when we lived in North Dakota. Still watch the college game but Blues are not in my list of ‘must watch’. Ticked me off that they have 3rd inning interviews to the detriment of what is happening in the game – no mention until much later of Yadi’s bad throw and how the runner got to 3rd. When these FSMW guys get on a off topic subject they never let it die. Now we have 4 days of it coming up with Motormouth McCarver in the booth. He has taught me how to maintain my sanity by watching muted ballgames. GO CARDS.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t blame Counsell for using Hader for 2 2/3. He has nothing else in the bullpen right now and he knows you had better kick the Cubs while they are down because they are probably not going to stay down forever. Also, I think that was Hader’s first appearance in four days so he should have been rested.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Was traveling yesterday and had to check the box score. Looks like Waino and the boys had a good day. Hopefully that carries into today.

Viewing 15 posts - 51 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.