StL 2019 Game 9 thread: Sun 4/7 vs. Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 9 thread: Sun 4/7 vs. Padres

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m. RHP Adam Wainwright (0-0, 9.00) vs. LHP Matt Strahm (0-1, 16.88) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX // WJIR

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Quick programming note for today’s game regarding PBP……we’ll be on the air with you at 1:13pm(cst). And there will be NO ADMITTANCE on the game thread for anyone toting a broom or not wearing at least one article of St. Louis Cardinal garb. Yours truly will be decked out in his 1982 home socks, pants, jersey and cap( with batting helmet at my side for trips to the fridge in between frames). I will also have a Tommy Herr signed Louisville slugger at my side and a nice big gob of eye black under each eye for good measure. Be there…..or be totally []

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pugs, I have birds on bat image (see avatar) as my screen saver. So I am adorned with a very special team symbol. I look at it often, especially after pitching changes. Does that count?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

AVG HR RBI # Player (Bat) POS
    .212 1 2 13 Matt Carpenter (L) 3B
    .219 5 9 46 Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    .229 3 5 12 Paul DeJong (R) SS
    .250 1 3 23 Marcell Ozuna (R) LF
    .121 0 1 4 Yadier Molina (R) C
    .182 0 0 25 Dexter Fowler (S) RF
    .217 2 3 48 Harrison Bader (R) CF
    .423 3 7 16 Kolten Wong (L) 2B
    .308 0 0 50 Adam Wainwright (R) P

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

That list of numbers speaks volumns. This year is starting off like last. So disappointing.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Pugs, and about those Big Mac’s…….

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Fowler has been worse against LH pitching the last 2+ years. Why not use this opportunity to get Martinez or O’Neill on track?

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

Carioca, probably because it would hurt Dexter’s feelings. And since he once said the word “depressed” in an interview, he’s clearly mentally ill and we must cater to that instead of winning.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yelich just stroked a 2 run 1st inning blow off Hendricks ad the Crew pounce out to a 2-0 advantage.

-Your avatar certainly does count, Euro……bonus points even for that baby!

– Nice of you to ask, Carioca. I’ll go with the quarter pounder today vs the …….how did that guy in Pulp Fiction say “Big Mac” in French? Don’t believe I forgot that, but it’s been like 25 years since Pulp Fiction first graced the silver screen.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Pugs, I was referring to my Mickey D’s gift certificate since Munoz just got sent to Memphis!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh geesh…..$50 gift certificate coming your way, Carioca. Copy my email down quick and send me your mailing address. You’ll have it by the end of the week.

cwill0827@yahoo.com

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When Bader starts making plays like that then you know we’re in trouble….and they call it a double….very generous.

1982 willie
    Participant

yea im not so sure the guy gets to second if bader comes up with it clean. though to be fair, that is probably a double with a lot of the guys in the league, now yadi is getting into the bad play act. one thing about the offense, how can a team that is predominately right handed, be so terrible against left handed pitchers. something not very good there. seems like we are at the bottom in pretty much any offensive category.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Jeez Waino gets in a jam and we have to listen to a whole inning of chit-chat about hockey.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 3. Starter Matt Strahm dealing for SD.

Bader – Slaps one past 3rd and down into the left field corner and Harrison will trot into 2nd with a leadoff double!

Wong – Taps it right back where it came from….Strahm looks Bader back to 2nd and fires it over to 1st for the out.

Waino – Bader swipes 3rd. San Diego is appealing the call…..and they’ve won everything else this weekend so it comes as no surprise that they prevail in this appeal too…2 outs now. Waino Whiffs.

Cards 0
    Pads 1

1982 willie
    Participant

wainwright has pitched well. better defense and we wouldn’t have a run scored yet. still throwing too many pitches. this looks like another five inning game at best from our starter.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

say “Big Mac” in French? Don’t believe I forgot that, but it’s been like 25 years since Pulp

Pugs, that would be the infamous “Le Big Mac.” But the quarter pounder with cheese was the “Royale with cheese” because the French wouldn’t know what a quarter pounder was. Great movie!

That said, why can’t our guys hit left handed pitching? It’s been a recurring problem for years.

1982 willie
    Participant

I don’t mind bader stealing though id rather see him do that with pitchers that cant hit which is most of them. wainwright is very capable of giving us a hit. id rather us be aggressive than not. wong was the one who failed. you have to move the runner over. I can see the argument of the pitcher batting next but waino comes through a lot with a hit.

1982 willie
    Participant

great throw by bader. two today. one was wasted cause dejong wasn’t covering second but not this one.

1982 willie
    Participant

what is dejong doing at third. maybe not going at first might have been smart but if he had at least went down the line, he could have made it on the bad throw.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 4.

Carp – Walks.

Goldy – Loops a short fly to left and Goldy gets a slow break out of the box as Renfroe saunters over near the line….and it drops in!! I don’t know if the sun got in Renfroe’s eyeballs or what as he certainly should have caught it….E-7. Runners a

DeJong- Lines a shot to left that gets by Renfroe and goes all the way to the wall!….in comes Carpenter with Goldy chugging around 3rd and he’ll score…Cards lead it 2-1!

Marcell – Pops out to Kinsler at 2nd.

Yadi- Whacks a grounder back to Strahm that caroms off his leg and Yadi is actually going to beat this out for a very rare Molina infield hit….DeJong takes up new residence over at 3rd.

Dexter – Walk, pass ball puts runners at 2nd & 3rd.

Bader – Walks.

Wong – Line shot right up the middle! But that’s exactly where the SS Tatis Jr. was playing him. Could have been a big inning, but we will take the two.

Cards 2
    Pads 1

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CardsRedSox4Ever- Indeed….Le Big Mac and the ever scrumptious Royale with cheese…..great memory!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 5.

Waino – Launches it deep to center!….will this go!…Margot says no as he catches the ball on the track for the out.

Carp – Rifles a shot fair to right that will skip off the sideboard in foul territory and bound away….and Carp will check into 2nd with a double.

Goldy – Flys out to Margot in straight away center.

DeJong – Lines a shot to left….Hunter Renfroe races over near the line and clutches it in his mitt to retire the side.

Cards 2
    Pads 1

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

WAINO!!!!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waino with 9 K’s thru 6 complete and at an even steven 100 pitches.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.