StL 2019 Game 79 thread: Tue 6/25 vs. A’s

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 79 thread: Tue 6/25 vs. A’s

This topic contains 83 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by bicyclemike bicyclemike 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Figures Rat would have a red dog.

In fact, Rat had another good option to name his canine buddy Red Schoendog.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was at tonight’s game. Flaherty looks lost on the mound. He looks like a 9th grader who is trying to learn how to pitch. I hate to say it…..but Shildt or Maddux, or both, have to be held at least partially accountable for this. Flaherty needs to be sent down to Memphis. He’s too far gone to be straightened out at the major league level.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Joke of the night. Carpenter being ‘gifted’ a triple on a CF misplay. Ozuna got an error for practically the same thing – poor judgement of a fly ball. But it got the Cards a couple of runs. Who is going to challenge it? The CF doesn’t want an error and MCarp doesn’t want it to be an error as bad as he needs hits. But to be awarded a triple is a real stretch. Anyway Carp came back to appear twice more with runners on base and……strikeout and flyout. Jose had a couple of chances too and blew it.

Ricky Horton describing where a batter should stand in the box comes in second place for jokes of the night. He didn’t bother to explain that .290+ batting average.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Agree Minuteman that was 100% an error no way should Carp have been given a triple there…some major shady scoring being done!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Once again we blow a chance to gain ground on the first place Cubs. The entire NL Central lost. Our team should realize that when the Cubs get Kimbrel they are probably going to start winning more of these close games that they are currently losing but I guess Mo and Shildty have them convinced that everything is groovy.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree with Mark Saxon (still don’t care for him). San Diego has three LHP in their rotation. Seattle has three LHP in their rotation. San Francisco has two. Chances are we will face several lefties in the next couple weeks. If not before, Edman and Muñoz deserve several starts each against them to see what they can do. Plus Marp could use a break to see if he can work out his swing issues.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Sweet avatar, Rat!!

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years