StL 2019 Game 79 thread: Tue 6/25 vs. A’s

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 79 thread: Tue 6/25 vs. A’s

This topic contains 83 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by bicyclemike bicyclemike 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I feel like playing an iconic Ray Charles song in memory of Jack Flaherty’s start tonight. With Shew possibly going down tonight the Cardinals pitching depth is evaporating faster than Charlie Sheen’s stash of blow.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yadi! Not the time to go deep sea fishing! Oh no….Fowler is our last glimmer of hope to dent the scoreboard here in the 5th with Birds straddling the corners with 2 outs. Don’t hold you breath.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Surprise surprise….Fowler whiffs.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Three times in five innings, we have had two runners on, only to have the next hitter strike out. That is dumb baseball. We have to emphasize something to stop it. Are salaries too high for a fine to be effective?

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And with those whiffs, my time watching the Cards tonight comes to an end. Adieu, gents. Hope it’s easier to watch the rest of the way.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We have 3 runs on 6 hits thru 5 frames, which is very very good for this 2019 Cardinal offense. But, taking a “glass half empty” stance, we could very easily have 0 runs if the Oakland centerfielder doesn’t fall on his keester back in the 2nd, opening the door to the 3 Cardinal tallies.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nighty night stlcard25! You may be missing a historic Cardinal comeback.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Meanwhile, why don’t you have a picture of Whitey as your avatar? Inquiring minds want to know.

Here ya go BikeMike, per your request. This is the Esteemed Whitey Herdog!

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who is having his Pecan Pie Brownies and a cigar

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Pecan Pie Brownies

?

Please, continue…

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

stlcard25 throwing in the towel. Sometimes I take a similar action to change the flow of the game, because I know I have that kind of influence. Really though, it gets boring for me, so I find myself more and more tuning in to other games. Watching the Braves and cubs now. They’re in the 8th now and it feels like playoff baseball with electricity flowing. That is missing so often with our birds, even when they’ve been winning lately.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Carpenter is UTTERLY WORTHLESS.

Something needs to be done about him – AND RIGHT NOW.

r/Esteemed Rat

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy.
    BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Like how Fowler was removed from the lineup last year, it’ll take an injury to displace Carp from the everyday lineup. The contract plays over Edman/Munoz.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Figures Rat would have a red dog. But with Rat you never know, his dog could be a natural blonde and Rat gets him dyed every month. Anyway, good looking pooch, Esteemed Rat!

Root those Braves on to victory, Euro….we need all the help we can get.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Braves just won. Jackson gets Bote with the swinging strikeout to win it 3-2. Looking like brew crew will lose too.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Exactly what is the launch angle on a strikeout? Back before we were concerned about launch angles and more concerned with choking up a bit with two strikes to put the ball into play, nobody mentioned launch angles. The Babe didn’t discuss launch angles.

We blew a three run gift. Seems like we aren’t even trying. Weak ground balls or popups from highly paid hitters. I wonder if they get embarrassed?

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Who is this Leone guy pitching? 6 up, 6 down. I don’t recognize him.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He used to be your favorite player, Euro…..just behind Dexter.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s all this Edman kid does is hit at this level. He needs to be handed the keys to a starting spot for the remainder of the year.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With the lack of hitting some of these players are showing. They need to sit. I don’t care who it is

Sit Carp for a week and let Edman and Munoz split the time

We have left so many on it’s pretty hard to watch

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice to see Leone look good.

I’m wondering if Capr May be having some kind of back problems. He had some issues already and when he tumbled into the concrete wall over the weekend he didn’t loom great.

I wonder if he is trying to play through something. His swings just look off and not normal.

Even when he was in a rut at times he seemed to still loom competent. He looks. Lost

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

That’s all this Edman kid does is hit at this level. He needs to be handed the keys to a starting spot for the remainder of the year.

I haven’t said it here but I’ve tweeted a lot that Edman needs to be in the lineup hitting leadoff. Even after he hit that homerun a few games ago he got benched the next game.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

He used to be your favorite player, Euro…..just behind Dexter.

Oh, it’s easy to forget a guy when he’s playing in the enormous shadow cast behind Fowler.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards 2-12 with RISP and they strand a bunch…..11 if my calculations are correct. And they lose it 7-3.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It was kind of fitting that Carp had the lazy fly out after Edman set the table for him. Probably not obvious enough for Shildty to draw any conclusions.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And what a dark shadow that is, Euro. You know, I don’t think I have a favorite Cardinal of all time. I remember players like Brock and Gibson, but not vividly. I’d say my fav would be amongst guys like Herr, Tudor, Clark and Kelleher.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years