StL 2019 Game 75 thread: Thu 6/20 vs. Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 75 thread: Thu 6/20 vs. Marlins

This topic contains 98 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:15 p.m. RHP Adam Wainwright (off IL – 5-6, 4.46) vs. RHP Zac Gallen (MLB debut) Fox Sports Midwest // KMOX

Note: Prior Thursday starter Michael Wacha (4-3, 6.00) will be held for the Angels opener on Friday.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The MLB debut is typically the death knell for this offense. Maybe it can be remedied by facing a former Cardinal farmhand. This one is a must win. I’ll say the Cards win 3-2 on a Carpenter double.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual
    Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Free

I agree with stlcard25.. this is a must win. A home split against the Marlins is just not acceptable. After a dramatic victory or series sweep, I keep thinking that is what will energize this offense but then we are flat the next game. By sitting 4 of his regulars yesterday, maybe Schildt was trying to send a message… who knows.
    For this game, my key to a Cardinal victory is that they don’t bat in the 9th inning. If they do this, they will be guaranteed a win.

Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Free

Here is a question for tonight’s game. What will have the higher total?

Cardinal runs?
    or
    Number of times Mclauglin mentions AP return visit to St. Louis?

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

I have to believe that they are saving Wacha for the Angels on purpose. For him it will be sink or swim time. IIRC Wacha is the player we got with the extra pick that resulted from Pujols moving on. Is that correct? It may well be Pujols putting the end to Michael’s days as a starter. I think it would have been really interesting seeing AP, Yadi and Waino going at it Friday but that is not to be.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Dave wrote:

<Here is a question for tonight’s game. What will have the higher total?

Cardinal runs?
    or
    Number of times Mclauglin mentions AP return visit to St. Louis?>

Right on Dave.

McLaughlin is definitely trying to hustle up some cheers. There will be some no doubt but I also expect to hear some boos. Also read that the Cards are going to make several presentations to their defected hero but not sure what they are.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

MM3: I appreciate all that AP did for us over the years but in the end he’s just a greedy player who dumped us for a few more bucks, which of course he had a perfect right to do. I am unmoved by his return, one way or another, announcer’s promotions notwithstanding.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Here is a question for tonight’s game. What will have the higher total?

Cardinal runs?
    or
    Number of times Mclauglin mentions AP return visit to St. Louis?

Well it will be 3 vs 238 so I am going with Danny Mac. He has to have something to talk about since the rally squirrel, Carp’s salsa, and the Blues winning the cup have ran their course. I mean we sure wouldn’t want him to talk about the game.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Speaking of Danny Mac,,,, IMO he has changed his style. I think he’s picked up a bit of Tim McLaughlin’s arrogance.

I wonder why Carpenter stopped taking salsa? No need to after contract extension, I guess.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I mean we sure wouldn’t want him to talk about the game.

I don’t mind DannyMac. But even if I did, you’ve got to be fair: would you want to have to talk about this team for 162 nights a year? There hasn’t exactly been much decent baseball stuff going on to occupy fans with lately.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No, I sure wouldn’t want to have to talk about this team for 162 nights per year, especially when you have to edit everything you say so you don’t offend somebody. You have to brag about Carpenter’s ability to e take a walk, and ignore his .222 BA. and the fact that the organization owes him around $45M to be on the field for the next two or three years. I think somebody said that he loves video games, and plays them every chance he gets, even between innings sometimes. If that’s true, Danny Mac can’t talk about that.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t mind DannyMac. But even if I did, you’ve got to be fair: would you want to have to talk about this team for 162 nights a year? There hasn’t exactly been much decent baseball stuff going on to occupy fans with lately.

DannyMac is the king of manufactured drama. I find it annoying but that is why they invented the mute button.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<DannyMac is the king of manufactured drama. I find it annoying but that is why they invented the mute button.>

Mute button: Most used device on the remote during Cardinal games. Motormouth Thompson, McCarver and McLaughlin just tend to irritate me to no end when the game is going on in front of them and they just won’t let go of some 1950s story. The other night there was a pickoff but Lou was the subject of the night for his 80th birthday but they just wouldn’t let it go and get back to the game. So it was yaba yaba yaba, there’s a pickoff, yaba, yaba, yaba.

And those 3rd inning special guests can border on the ridiculous at times – I always miss their message because the mute is engaged.

McLaughlin has a lot of weight this season but it has to be from movement of the jaw.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Mudville wrote:

<You have to brag about Carpenter’s ability to e take a walk, and ignore his .222 BA. and the fact that the organization owes him around $45M to be on the field for the next two or three years.>

Spot on but you forgot about the eye, you know the best eye in baseball, better than any umpires eye. Yep that eye can watch two strikes go by, foul off a pitch and then watch the third strike go by and remind the HPU that this batter has a superior eye. And the HPU just laughs at him and says, “Whose eye counts son.”

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Doppler Radar shows no rain in sight in the St. Louis area so we should be good to go tonight. Hopefully Goldfinger can get a jump start from his dong last night and start being a masher.

And I will be tuned in for the Giants/Dodgers game tonight. Bumgarner is on the mound tonight so it will be interesting to see if there are any fireworks when Ball State comes to bat.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who is finally picking up his new 2019 540i BMW tomorrow at the dealership!

Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Free

I agree with Cardinal in France. Thank you AP for what you did while in Stl. and you had a chance to stay but apparently 200 million over 10 years would not work for you. I believe that was the offer, but I think why AP didn’t stay is because we wouldn’t offer a no trade clause, but I could be wrong about that. Anyhow, I think even AP will admit that although achievements and records were set wearing an Angels jersey, you’re best playing days were as a Cardinal. But you’re not a Cardinal anymore so when you come up to bat, I will tip my cap for what you have done and only the first at bat but when that first pitch is made, I am a Cardinals fan.

Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Free

There’s a lot of post about what AP is going to do to our pitching staff based primary on what he used to do at Busch as a Cardinal… I could be interpreting that wrong though and it’s based on what he is doing today. Anyhow I’m not so worried about what AP will do to us as much as I am worried about that player they have in CF. I hear he’s a pretty good one.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well Wacha will be on the mound tomorrow night so you can expect a 7-0 Angels lead after five innings. The fact that Wacha is still in the rotation and Ponce is back in Memphis is disgraceful.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

At the game tonight. At least I don’t have to listen to Brad and Danny all night. Ha! Perfect weather for a big win.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Waino looking sharp so far. Bader could’ve been a hero on his at bat, but hit the weak grounder to the pitcher. We should be clobbering these guys. I don’t get it.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Kolten’s chance to be a hero and lifts an easy fly to center. Offense close to a dead stop again.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

If our offense makes Waino lose a 1-0 game, they should all be fired, every last one of them.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years