StL 2019 Game 74 thread: Wed 6/19 vs. Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 74 thread: Wed 6/19 vs. Marlins

This topic contains 94 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Avatar PugsleyAddams 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m. Daniel Ponce de Leon (0-0, 2.00) vs. RHP Trevor Richards (3-7, 3.68) Fox Sports Midwest // KMOX

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gotta shake off yesterday’s disaster and move forward. Can Ponce continue his big league magic? Will Richards shut down the lineup again?

I feel like there’s too much talent to be this bad. Eventually, the lineup will erupt. Tonight? Not so sure. I’ll take the Cards to win a 5-4 thriller.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Remember this folks. We are just one winning streak away from being in 1st or right there. If we could win, I don’t know, say 8 in a row and 12 out of 14 we would be in high cotton.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who just keeps wondering why Ozuna is missing so many good pitches???

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We couldn’t ask for a softer schedule the next few weeks. We are literally playing the dregs of MLB. If we can’t get on a run now we never will. A sense of urgency would be nice.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Just checked the Doppler Radar. Looks like more green stuff headed right towards St. Louis. This has been the worst spring for rain I think I have ever seen. Poor farmers. Hopefully this one gets played tonight.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who was told today his new 2019 BMW 540i is due at the dealership today

Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Free

Yesterday’s game was hard to watch but like stlcard25 says just shake it off and move forward. Perhaps we’re not giving Yamamota the credit he deserves. His next start is scheduled to be Sunday in Philly which is a hitters park so if he’s able to shut down that line up in that park, then just maybe we as fans under estimated his talents. Fortunately we didn’t lose any ground as both the Brewers and Cubs both lost.

I agree with Rats and gscottar about being one winning streak away…, and with a sense of urgency in the next few weeks against a soft schedule would be nice.

Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Free

Since the first series at Wrigley, we have lost 6 games on the brewers and 7 games on the cubs,So with the soft schedule leading into the asb, and the brewers and Cubs appearing to be going thru their own struggles, we have to take adv of this oppt and gain some ground, perhaps even take over the central lead by the ASG. After the last Wrigley series, we had 25 games remaining until the break. I felt it was feasible to at least win 16 games and right now we have won 6 with 16 to go. I don’t think a 11-5 mark is out of the realm of possibility. That would put us at 8 games above 500.

Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Free

Hopefully we can bounce back and win tonight. I will not be able to watch tonight’s game but I will be checking updates on my phone to see how they’re doing assuming they are able to get it in. If they are, I will call it 6-3, Redbirds.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Very interesting lineup tonight.

M. Carpenter 3B
    P. DeJong SS
    J. Martinez RF
    M. Ozuna LF
    R. Ravelo 1B
    D. Fowler CF
    T. Edman 2B
    M. Wieters C
    D. Ponce de Leon P

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s a getaway day lineup, but with the way the regulars have hit, it can’t hurt to tinker.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Also can’t hurt to try to get the attention of the regulars. I would rotate the “subs” in every night until the entrenched guys figure out that they aren’t entitled to playing time just because of their contract or previous status. There isn’t one player on this roster that should be immune to sitting on the bench.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar gscottar.
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As previously stated, you generally have a very very small handful of games every year where you know who is going to win a game beford the first pitch is thrown, with 100% certainty…..not 99.9% certainty, but 100%. Tonight is one of these rare games. Since I first recognized these sort of games back in 1994, I have never missed one. Tonight will not be different. Ponce and the Cards win this one. I have no idea of what the score will be, but I’ll call it 8-4 Birds with Goldy finding the cheap seats to his liking with not one…..but two taters.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Looks like the green stuff has moved away from the St. Louis area now. This one might get played. However, we are getting soaked again here in SW Indiana. And it looks like a huge amount of green stuff is heading towards Chicago as well. Cubs and White Sockers might get rained out.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who has Whitey Herdog laying on the carpet under his desk since its storming and raining

birdemic
    Participant

but I’ll call it 8-4 Birds with Goldy finding the cheap seats to his liking with not one…..but two taters.

That’s a bold prediction, especially considering Goldy isn’t starting. Not impossible though! Could see Goldy come up in a big spot in the 6th and hit one out. Then if JMart makes the final out of the inning, Goldy stays in at 1B, Ravelo shifts to RF, and the pitcher goes in the 3-hole. Then, Goldy hits another in the 8th for good measure.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just checking to see who was on their toes today…..well done, Birdemic….well done, sir! JMart is due to poke a long one, so we’ll call it 8-4 Birds with JMart going deep.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Here we are about 90 minutes before game time and the Doppler Radar shows St. Louis apparently in the clear. However, we here in SW Indiana are about to get soaked again and it looks like Chicago is going to be drenched as well.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Baton down the hatches and keep the Herdoggy safe and sound, Esteemed Rat. I’m calling the over/under on the number of Cardinal runs scored tonight at 7. The logical choice would be to take the under, but I’m thinking big tonight…possibly double digit Cardinal tallies.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

DeJong and Wong are being fed a steady diet of pitches up in the zone. Seems like there have been a lot of flyouts by these two lately. The league is adjusting, they have to adjust back.

The Reds completed the sweep of the Astros today in Cincinnati. Trailing 2-1 heading to the last of the 9th Senzel and Winker got back to back two out singles to win it for the Reds.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who has his Sloppy Joe sammich and cigar all ready to go for the game tonight

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

yea hopefully we can get back on track after a pretty dismal showing. you have to credit the other guy sometimes though. I also like the lineup change, might light a fire under someone. we definitely need goldy to start lighting it up a bit. right now hes on track for just sixty rbis. we are right in the division race though believe it or not. but the other teams can say the same thing.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just tuned in. Doesn’t look like I missed a lot. Since I’ve been watching, it feels like the Cards have gotten a steady diet of breaking balls with very few fastballs. The Cards are gonna need to jump on any fastballs that catch the zone, but it seems like they don’t swing that much. We need some runs.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Swing the bat, Jmart!!! You can’t take those iffy pitches. The umps love the Marlins pitchers this series.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

This team is brutal to watch

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I want Ponce to pitch against Chicago. I feel like he would plunk Rizzo almost every at bat. He’s not afraid to pitch inside and often misses in.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cy Richards. This is getting absurd. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a team that has had every player slump this badly for this long.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Just looked at the box score and I see the Cards don’t have a hit after 4 innings. Also I saw that 7 of their 12 outs were strikeouts. All this against the Marlins. Did I read that correctly?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years