StL 2019 Game 72 thread: Mon 6/17 vs. Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 72 thread: Mon 6/17 vs. Marlins

This topic contains 81 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m. RHP Miles Mikolas (4-7, 4.83) vs. RHP Elieser Hernandez (0-1, 5.87) Fox Sports Midwest // KMOX

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

As I predicted, the Cubs lost 5 of 7 on their trip out west to Colorado and Los Angeles. Now we have to get on the ball here and have a good 2-3 weeks before the ASB. The schedule is somewhat favorable.

Here’s to hoping there are no rainouts this week.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~~who really needs it to quit raining in SW Indiana

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The next 30 games the Cards play are against teams at or below .500 with the exception of 3 games after the break against the Dbacks, who could be a losing team by then anyway. I really hope the bats can get moving because they could really make a move if so.

Minuteman3
    Participant

10 game road trips can be wearing on a team but at least the Cards come home with a 5-5 record on this trip and should look forward to facing the mighty Marlins again.

Glad to see that Hudson did not get the win for Sundays game as the lad looked like he could not hit the broadside of a barn during his whole appearance. Double plays and poor swings by the Mets saved him. Hope he doesn’t take too much from his press clippings any more.

Still scratching my head to figger out how you win a game with 3 hits when the other team has 10. But when two of those three hits are home runs it tends to make more sense.

The great God (according to McLaughlin) returns Friday and they are pushing that series like it was something of a little World Series. Actually I recognize all that AP did for the Cards but he was never a one man team and his departure, in my mind, was tainted by some of the verbiage expressed by him and his wife. Then to top it off he also signed another 10 years personal services contract with the Angels meaning his next 20 years would be with that team. Eight years away have not tempered my thoughts of him.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hard to believed it’s already been 8 years since AP’s departure. Since he was a great player for us, he does deserve a nice round of applause when he steps up to the dish for the first time. But, if I were in attendance I would only stand and clap for about 15 seconds and that’s it. The man willingly left us. Yes, AP had several million reasons to do so, but he still left. I know the applause will exceed a minute, but I think that’s a good 45+ seconds too long. In the whole scheme of things, it really isn’t a big deal though.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hernandez had a respectable line last time out with only 3 ER allowed in 5-2/3 IP. One would hope a second crack at the same guy in a week would result in the bats coming alive.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams

Hard to believed it’s already been 8 years since AP’s departure. Since he was a great player for us, he does deserve a nice round of applause when he steps up to the dish for the first time. But, if I were in attendance I would only stand and clap for about 15 seconds and that’s it. The man willingly left us. Yes, AP had several million reasons to do so, but he still left. I know the applause will exceed a minute, but I think that’s a good 45+ seconds too long. In the whole scheme of things, it really isn’t a big deal though.

I decided to buy tickets yesterday and drive in from Kentucky for the game Friday. Needless to say, I will be cheerly loudly for Pujols. Haha

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I decided to buy tickets yesterday and drive in from Kentucky for the game Friday. Needless to say, I will be cheerly loudly for Pujols. Haha

As you should. His presence alone made the 2006 and 2011 titles possible. He’s one of the all time greats and I hope he gets a crazy long ovation.

Also, glad to see you pop in here. It’s been a while. Enjoy the game this Friday!

Dave
    Participant

Free

I keep waiting for Carp to break out of his funk. I realize he is not the hitter he use to be and the contract extension was a little premature but I still believe he is better than a 218 hitter. Perhaps he should try bunting more esp with no one on. What I’ve seen so far, this is a typical Carp AB
    Pitch 1- strike looking 0-1
    Pitch 2- late swing, foul 0-2
    Pitch 3- take, ball. 1-2.
    Now he gets over anxious, trying to drive every ball and it ends up with him swinging at a bad pitch resulting in a K or it’s a lazy fly ball.

Dave
    Participant

Free

We definitely have the Mo coming into this home stand after finishing the road trip 5-2. However we must be leery of that initial let down being that we’re playing the Marlins. Here are my keys to a Cardinals victory.
    1- MM, keep the ball in the park.
    2- get the offense going early.
    3- don’t just know you’re the dominant team… show it.
    I am calling this one 9-3, Redbirds. With HR from Molina, Carp, and DeJong.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian alluded that this could happen and I think Mo foreshadowed it a couple of weeks ago with his comments.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, I read that also elsewhere. The “who” coming off the 40-man will be interesting. There are candidates that are on the IL but I believe they can’t come off the 40-man while they are injured.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’d think Leone, Urias or Robinson seem like candidates.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

That is one pitiful lineup. I mean the way its constructed. I used to think Shildt was on top of things but now I think he’s an analytical nut.

If he would just listen to me and Herzog he would be better at making out lineups.

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Looks like a lot of rain and storms just west of St. Louis. I’d say they will be lucky to get this one in without at least a delay.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If he would just listen to me and Herzog he would be better at making out lineups.

Amen. You and Whitey could right this teetering offensive ship in no time, Esteemed Rat. Hopefully, we’ll get this game in without having to dink around with weather issues all night. It’s going to be real bad this Friday night when Albert & Co. come into town, as something tells me that it’s going to be coming down in buckets.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would like to see Ravelo get a start, but the question is where? Right field would be the best option. Or if there would be a road interleague game he could DH.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Anybody got a weather update?

Any rain or storms in the St. Louis area?

Any chance of a delay or ppd?

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Can he play third?

Dave
    Participant

Free

Quick 123 top of 1. Let’s get those bats going early.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s going to rain shortly, Esteemed Rat. We very well may not get this game in. Winds out of the north north-east at about 7mph. Humidity presently sitting at 86% And the dew point at 68°.

Dave
    Participant

Free

Listening to Thompson and Danny Mac trying to make a case to vote Cardinal players in the ASG. Do they actually think that any of our players have done enough to be voted in by fans.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Haven’t looked lately, but early on DeJong was an all-star. He has slipped back a lot though. I doubt any other position player deserves to start.

Ozuna might be a reserve, and perhaps DeJong as well if he can keep from slipping more.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years