StL 2019 Game 72 thread: Mon 6/17 vs. Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 72 thread: Mon 6/17 vs. Marlins

This topic contains 81 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Alfaro is the last shot and he grounds out to Wong! 5-0 Cards your final. Way to go, ‘Birds!

Dave
    Participant

Free

we Face Yamamota tomorrow who was dominant last Wednesday against us but it was his first mlb start so we didn’t know what to expect. Hopefully we picked up on something and won’t be as befuddles this time around. Also Flaherty has to pitch better esp with the lead

Dave
    Participant

Free

Carp with 3 hits. Let’s hope this wasn’t a fluke but rather the start of something big.

Dave
    Participant

Free

SDP up early on the brewers 2-0, B3

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cherry picking start date? – Yes
    Factual? – Yes

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Remember what Yammamoto did to us at Pearl Harbor on Dec 7, 1941 and at Miami last week. No repeats please. The guys throws like Hendricks and the guys should just think of it as batting practice where you actually hit the ball.

Nice game overall but remember we were not exactly playing the Yankees or some powerhouse. That fish pitcher looks to have some good stuff and despite no offense from his team could be around for a while. Unusual to have a game with NO walks.

I don’t see any Cards making the All Star team on fan votes. Do the managers still get to pick a few or is that just the pitchers? For me the AS game and its selection process is a big joke. Pham hit it on the head and at least they took away the WS home team selection from the winner.

McLaughlin and MM Thompson (motormouth) are really pushing for a big AP reception this weekend. AP was a very good player who wasn’t traded but left of his own free will. In the long run the Cards benefited from that decision with more money and an extra pick and the Angels have seemingly gained nothing in the way of championships (nor have the Cards).

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna and DeJong might have a chance to be a NL reserve but no way will they be voted in. No Cardinal will. I am sure the starting NL shortstop will be Baez. Heck the Cubs might have every starting IF spot except 2B.

I agree that Gant should be on the team. He has been our MVP.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by Avatar gscottar.
Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years