StL 2019 Game 72 thread: Mon 6/17 vs. Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 72 thread: Mon 6/17 vs. Marlins

This topic contains 81 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Listening to Thompson and Danny Mac trying to make a case to vote Cardinal players in the ASG. Do they actually think that any of our players have done enough to be voted in by fans.

I think you could make a pretty good case for Paul Dejong as a starter. He leads NL shortstops in WAR and trails only Tatis Jr, who’s missed a lot of games, in wRC+. You could probably put Ozuna in as a backup if you look at the OF positions individually. Maybe Gant as a reliever. That’s probably it.

Dave
    Participant

Free

I think it’s required that each team be represented and yes I agree bicycle mike, one of those 2 are the most likely but only because it’s a requirement. Otherwise I think there are more deserving but one or both can go on a tear before the ASG

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Big fly by Carp.

1-0

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There’s a Marp homer. This team really needs him to get on a roll. He doesn’t have to be the MVP level player he was this time last year, but .270 with an OBP in the upper .300s and some power would be great.

1-0 Cards.

Dave
    Participant

Free

Carp goes deep 1-0, redbirds

Dave
    Participant

Free

I’m hoping Carp can get his average above 240 by the ASB. That would be like a 330 avg between now and then, depending on times AB

Dave
    Participant

Free

The DP has been key for us it seems lately.

Dave
    Participant

Free

Good hustle by Fowler to avoid the Dp, maybe Yadi can make something happen

Dave
    Participant

Free

The offense is on fire today as they have surpassed their hit total from yesterday with 4 tonight.

Dave
    Participant

Free

It probably won’t happen, but I would like to see Bader lay down a bunt and try to get on that way to start the inning.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader just barely misses a home run…and then strikes out. It’s a game of inches.

Dave
    Participant

Free

Carp with a bunt DB.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

OK, Marp. That’s how you beat the shift…a bunt double!

Dave
    Participant

Free

When was the last time Carp had 2 hits in a game and how many times has that happened this year?

Dave
    Participant

Free

Thank you Marlins for another gift

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, that blunder hurts the Marlins. 2-0 Cards as they drop the fly ball.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When was the last time Carp had 2 hits in a game and how many times has that happened this year?

He’s had 2 hits 10 times (most recently June 9 against the Cubs) and 3 hits twice, May 4 against the Cubs and May 25 against the Braves.

Dave
    Participant

Free

2-0 heading to the 6th. MM looking good thus far. Not dominate but getting the job done.

Dave
    Participant

Free

Thank you stlcard25.

Dave
    Participant

Free

A game of inches on defense too as Carp moves a few inches to the right or else it’s an inning ending ground ball if he stays put

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikolas wiggles out of a bit of a jam in the 7th. I’d imagine that’s it for him. Hope to see some more Redbird runs to make it more comfortable for the pen.

Dave
    Participant

Free

That was probably the last inning for MM. Hopefully Schildts decision will come with a Pinch hitter this next inning rather than a double switch in the 7th.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Loved the bunt by Carpenter. I have been saying for two months that he needs to do that. He should at least attempt a bunt once a game. Not only will he get a hit of it now and then, but the defense will start to relax on that shift, and he should be a better hitter as it will force him to stay on the ball.

It’s a win-win-win.

Dave
    Participant

Free

Gallegos coming in. He’s been one of our best out of the pen lately.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

….was out riding the bike and listening to the KMOX broadcast while riding, and Shannon was really sleep-walking though the event. Would be nice to get a little more enthusiasm from the long-time Cardinal.

Also he kept pronouncing Mikolas’ name “MICK-o-lus”. Now I will say when I first saw Mikolas’ name in print after we signed him, I thought it was pronounced “Mick-O-Lus”, with the emphasis on the “O”.

Good to see whatever-his-name-is come back with a strong effort after these Marlins pounded him last week.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by bicyclemike bicyclemike.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years