StL 2019 Game 67 thread: Wed 6/12 at Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 67 thread: Wed 6/12 at Marlins

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

I’m really liking Munoz lately, If Carp can get back on track we could get pretty good. Nice to see the other guys have not so great middle relief last night. If we start getting some runs and middle relief improves it could take off

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I really like the lineup you had penciled in, Dave. I too want to see more Munoz. My motto is “No Munoz is bad Munoz”, a slight ripoff of Bobby Reed’s famed quote last winter “No Moose is good Moose”, when Bobby was feverishly advocating that we not sign Mike Moustakas. Your BMW 540i is on it’s way, Esteemed Rat. I bet it’s delay has something to do with your dealer installing some extra goodies at no charge for you. I’m thinking Tru-Coat is in your new BMW’s future, Rat .

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Mikolas looks like the guy who was with the Rangers and had to move to Japan to resurrect his career. Now we’ve got him for another 4 years at $17M a pop. Like a few other guys on the roster his contract is not looking good at the moment.

GACard
    Participant

Free

That deal was too soon in my opinion. That being said I don’t think he’s as bad as his start this year

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Even when they get a double and a single, the Cards still manage to score 0 runs. Cy Yamamoto strikes again. Or maybe it’s Sigh Yamamoto.

David
    Participant

Free

I’d say getting out of bases load jam with no outs may inspire us but it is our offense so probably not

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, the Cards seemed to play better the last few years when they had a lot of injuries to deal with…so I guess that’s what they’re gonna have going. Helsley now out.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looking very good for a St. Louis celebration tonight!!! Cup #1 on it’s way.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

3 hits against a rookie making his first start who is their #17 prospect, how they keep letting Carpenter leadoff is beyond me

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Pugs, stop. Please man. For the love of everything that is good don’t post that until the game is over.

1982 willie
    Participant

well we got two wins against these guys but we are horrible tonight. can the blues save the night.

1982 willie
    Participant

I want to watch the blues but I always feel like im bad luck. right now they are up 2-0 but im gonna wait to check in. I don’t want to give them bad luck but I don’t want to miss the crazy celebration. would have been so cool to go over to st. louis and be a part of that celebration if it happens.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Well bad that Cards lost but just under 7 minutes left and Blues up 3-0…

1982 willie
    Participant

oh its gonna happen. though it isn’t the red sox. its still kind of payback against boston for 2004. I know we lost to them in 2013 but they were better than us. that 2004 cards team is on of the top team cards teams of all time in my opinion. but just failed in the world series, of course red sox were on an incredible high but still shouldn’t have effected us.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yamamoto, straight from Double A, had arguably a better game than any Cardinal pitcher this year. That’s…sad.

As someone who couldn’t care less about hockey, I’m glad for all of you who are distracted by the Blues. This Cardinal team is maddening. Maybe they are trying to do the worst to first thing in a season too.

1982 willie
    Participant

sorry stlcard25, im all things st. louis. I don’t follow the hockey team like I do the baseball team but Ive always cheered for them.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Blues win, giving St. Louis something to cheer about for awhile…

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

sorry stlcard25, im all things st. louis. I don’t follow the hockey team like I do the baseball team but Ive always cheered for them.

No need to be sorry! I’m glad when fans get the thrill of the win. As a PA native who picked up sporting tastes from my uncles (Cardinals baseball and Dallas Cowboys football) as a youngster in the late 80s, I just never really developed the liking for hockey. I follow Penn State football and Duke basketball, plus golf. NBA and NHL just never captured me in the same way. But to each his own. Congrats to all the Blues fans…it’s been a long time coming!

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

The Cardinals season was sacrificed so the Blues could win.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

18,000 at Bush tonight to watch the TV

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If the Blues can come from last to blast to win it all, then why can’t the Cards accomplish likewise from 3rd place? The pieces are there. Some pieces need to be discarded and others inserted. Now we just need someone who can push the right buttons.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Seems as though the rookie pitcher jinx persists with the Cards. But this one was a bit on the embarrassing side with a 9-0 score. I give Yamamoto credit. He did to the Cards what his predecessor did to Pearl Harbor. The Blues win will take some heat off the Cards poor showing but they get a chance to see the fish again next week at home and, hopefully, they can sweep them there – no promises.

Hope Helsley is ok but it looks like he will need an IL stint. McCarver stole my exact words. I had just said that Helsley appears to be wild tonight and he heard me all the way from Missouri and repeated those words which were followed by the trainer shooting out of the dugout and Helsley’s removal.

I have already complained enough about the two motormouth Macs on FSMW so just ditto my last words on them.

Somebody suggested trading Wong. Huh? His defense is superb and his offense is passable and at times very good. So what do we get for this trade other than a cheaper sub.

Lots of good words on Munoz and I sort of like him too but check his error record from last season and he got bit by the leadoff batter syndrome the other night – 3 strikeouts plus another last night but not at leadoff. If anybody should be traded to reduce salaries, it should be Carpenter but that extension is a killer on doing that. Fowler is another one in that same boat – salary kills trades. Next week in the Marlins series would be a good time to see Lane Thomas and Tommy Edman start a game or two.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader cf
    Edman 2b
    Goldschmidt 1B
    O’Neill Rf
    DeJong ss
    Thomas Lf
    Munoz 3b
    Knizner c

Rotation
    1 Flaherty
    2 Hudson
    3 Wacha
    4 Gant
    5 Reyes/ Gallegos

I don’t think that will be our lineup and rotation of the future but it would certainly look good in August and September of this year if we could get rid of some of the bloated unproductive dead weight that fills our roster now. Despite his outing two nights ago I would be very surprised to see Wacha on the team after 2019.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whiel i am worried about Mikolas a bit….no pitching can make up for no hitting ever…. you have to score runs to get wins, period….a pitcher can throw 12-20-100 innings of no hit ball…but unless his team scores runs it doesnt matter

we arent hitting and it isnt changing….people keep yelling at the pitching, but you will NOT win games consistently enough by getting 4 hits or 3 hits…and hoping for fielding errors from the other team to score you runs

the team needs a major shakeup…it’s the only thing that worked last year…

big trades involving guys with contracts and kids, veterans taking long benching periods, maybe fire a coach or two

we have needed the shake up for more than a month and we have seen no change

if you are giving up on the year, then trade what you can of expiring contracts and move towards next year…

but hoping practically EVERYONE in the lineup will all of a sudden figure it out is becoming less and less realistic

even in the lows of the last couple years there were always a few guys that would be going well at a time (rarely more than a couple and never for very long)

all we have right now is a somewhat reliable Ozuna….and a singles hitting Yadi….everyone else is pretty ineffective outside of the one good game a week…. DeJong’s hot start was nice and all, but he hasnt done much since it

Fowler and cash…gone
    Carp and cash…gone
    Wong and cash…gone
    Gyorko and cash …gone
    Jmart…gone
    Miller and cash…gone
    CMart…probably no cash…gone
    ONeill…gone
    Wieters…gone
    listen on Ozuna
    listen on Munoz
    listen on Mik if anyone calls

Goldy, Yadi, DeJong, Mik (he is untradeable),Bader (not necessarily thinking he is the future CFer just he is a useful 4th OF)
    Jack, Hudson, Mik, 2 of Gomber/Waino/Ponce/Reyes/Woodford/Warner/Shaw
    Hicks, BRebbia, Gallegos, Helsley, Webb, converted starters, ?? Mayers + Leone, Cecil (untradeable)

call up kids: Thomas, Schrock, Sosa, AdGarcia, Ravelo…whomever to get through the season
    hopefully get a few useful pieces back to help too in trades

attack the offseason looking for high contact rates and guys not obliterated by the shift
    find a high end lefty starter for a big contract…MadBum?
    find more lefty relievers, look for Zach Duke’s…not Andrew Miller’s or Brittons… maybe target Will Smith…but then go and add a Jared Hughes type too

-MadBum + Smith + LOOGY(1yr deal)
    -look at a vet RP on cheap (David HErnandez)…only 1yr deal
    -go big on Rendon no matter the implications to the farm players..we may have DH by the time it matters
    -see if you can pry Merrifeld from the Royals

MadBum, Jack, Hudson, Mik, Reyes/etc.
    Hicks, Smith, HugheS?, Gallegos, Mayers, Brebbia, Hernandez, rotating kid
    Merrifeld (2b), DeJong, Rendon, Goldy, Yadi, Thomas, Carlson, Bader,
    kids with maybe one veteran hitter (maybe a Markakis type)

im blabbing…sorry

i am happy for the Blues….but it doesnt mask my disdain for last nights effort

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My Blues finally did it!! Now if we can just get our Cardinals going!!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years