StL 2019 Game 65 thread: Mon 6/10 at Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 65 thread: Mon 6/10 at Marlins

This topic contains 70 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Minuteman3 5 days ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 51 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Glad to see the Cardinals feasting on fish tonight.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Nice game to build up some value. Couple more like that and he’ll get that ERA down and someone might be interested.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Good to see Wacha come back with a solid start, even if it is against Miami.

Dave
    Participant

Free

I took a break from the game to go eat dinner and I come back, and Wacha is out. Why? The lack of confidence Schildt has in his starters to finish a game after 6 ahutout innings is becoming old. It’s a disgrace to the pitchers of the past who would go 8 or 9 and have double digits in complete games and would actually have a chance for the ahutout. Pitchers like, Carlton, Seaver, Smoltz, Tudor, Ryan. And whatever happened to giving the pen a rest. after the weekend in Chicago, why not at least give Wacha a chance. I hope the Cardinals go onto win many mire games and reach post season but no matter how many wins our boys tally up, I will always have the same opinion about Schildt and his handling of the starting rotation.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

This ump seems to want to get out of here. The zone has been expanding the last inning or two.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Well, Hicks is coming in. Let’s have a 1-2-3 and get out of here with a win.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Two down on a grounder and a K after a leadoff single. Ramirez was not happy after going down on a wicked slider.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Hicks is feeling it and the Marlins are biting on the slider…0-2 quickly. After a couple more pitches, Prado swings at the high heat and we’re done! 4-1 Cards!

6585 fans, most of whom will go home happy since more are Cards fans than Marlins fans, can now exit the building.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Big big win! This is just the sort of effort that can springboard a team to accomplish grandiose things. I am now getting a crystal clear vision of our boys dousing champagne over each other’s heads a few months down the road. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Munoz needs to play more. For a team starved for offense we need his bat. He can play six different positions so Shildt could move him around each night.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Yet when he makes an error people will want his butt on the bench like Jose.

I would like to get him in the lineup more as well but where would play him other than 3rd when a lefty is on the bump.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He could play 3rd, SS, 2B, LF, CF, and RF. No he isn’t going to win any gold gloves but he brings some energy to the lineup which we need.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’ just win lot of these games coming up against the Marlins and Mets. How many Degroms and Syndergaards do we get this weekend?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cards get a break and pick up a game on the Cubs. They lose 6-5 at Colorado. Schwarber is called out on strikes on a 3-2 curveball that fooled him to end it.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Glad for the win but it shouldn’t be lost on anyone they only managed 4 hits. 4 HITS!

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

The key play of the game led to three runs, and it isn’t even mentioned?

I like Wong batting fifth. He seems to get key hits when he gets hits.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Good win and nice job by Wacha. Pulled at the best time if you remember he has been in the pen for nearly a month and no longer fully stretched. Maybe could have gone further but why burn him out with a 4 run lead.

Speaking of 4 runs, why are so many yipping about number of hits. I have always said presidential elections are like baseball. It is the number of electoral votes you get not popular votes and in baseball it is the number of runs not hits that wins the game. But I get that some say it is a sign of weakness. I go for the win and forget the stats on hits. May have been a good pitcher for the opponent (Cardinal trained) that slowed things down or maybe the subs in the game caused it. A win is a win and heavens knows that the birds really needed one of those. Now six or seven more and all will be hunky dory in bird land.

Speaking of elections I felt like it was Trump (Cards) on the field and Democrats in the booth for the first 6 innings. About all the two FS Midwest motormouths could do was gripe about the Cards last game in Chicago. McCarver is about dumb as a box of rocks on anything that has happened in the last 40 years but McLaughlin had obviously schooled him on the weekends activities. Why do they seem to get such pleasure in running down the team that is helping pay their salary in a game that they are winning. SAD.

Wong was robbed on the play where he reached third on an error. They only gave him a sacrifice but he was past 1b when the ball sailed past the base so a hit was more appropriate. OTOH Carp should have had two errors instead of the one he was given. That arm of his will get us in trouble a lot more before the season is over and his bat is not helping either.

How much longer can a team survive with an attendance of 6500+ fans and most of them were wearing red?

Mo fun tonight. GO CARDS

Dave
    Participant

Free

Good point MM3. about the hits. Sunday we had 9 hits, 1 run. And lost. Only 4 hits with 4 runs last night and won. I will take the latter every time. Marlins had 7 hits, 1 run. It tells me we didn’t have many chances but we made the most of it when we did. Also we made the pitches when we needed to. True it is against the Marlins but a win is a win, we gain a game in the standings and lately the way we have been playing I’ll take any win against whomever regardless of how many hits we get.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

nice back to the wall outing by Wacha

Still not getting hits though…

we might wins games on the pitching we have internally if we start hitting, but unless we start hitting no upgrades to the rotation will matter at all

forsch31
    Participant

Paid - Annual

MM and Dave, it seems all some look for are the negatives. I know there are weaknesses to this team but there are weaknesses on every team. I like to see the positive that we won the game.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<Glad for the win but it shouldn’t be lost on anyone they only managed 4 hits. 4 HITS!>

4 hits = one win. The Phillies got 13 hits yesterday and lost. Course, the DBacks got 14 its including 9 home runs. Poor Phillies only got 4 home runs. Only one number counts in baseball – the final score.

Do you happen to be in Rapid City? Lived there 9 years in USAF.

Viewing 21 posts - 51 through 71 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years