StL 2019 Game 65 thread: Mon 6/10 at Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 65 thread: Mon 6/10 at Marlins

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The word embarrassed is a subjective description of course but the facts aren’t pretty.

We were outscored 17-6.
    We were outhit 25-18.
    On Saturday after the 1st inning I don’t think we hit the ball out of the infield.

It was not pretty.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Dave, the reports are that they straightened out some of Wacha’s mechanics during his time in the ‘pen. If that is true, I expect the good version of Wacha. If not, it could be a toss up since I am not sure the Marlins have enough good hitters to do much damage. After all, they only have 3 hitters on the active roster that have an OPS+ over 100.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Forsch? Do we have any hitters???

This might be a 2-1 game. And instead of good pitching it might just be poor hitting. Or the opposite.

r/Esteemed Rat

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope Shildt has a short leash tonight for Wacha. Let’s not get behind 3 or 4 runs trying to boost Wachas confidence. Bring PDL in if that is the case. Granted, due to rustiness, Wacha won’t likely get much past the 4th, maybe 5th inning. It’s a damn shame Reyes couldn’t have shown improvement. He did strike out 10, so maybe he’s getting closer.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Well, Rats, we have 6 hitters on our team who have an OPS+ at or over 100. Our team OPS+ is 96. Theirs is 80. I never said the Cardinals would be outstanding hitters. I only mention that the Marlins are not.

David
    Participant

Free

Well Cardinals27, hopefully Wacha pitches well enough tonight and we can sustain lead to where Schildt doesn’t have to make that decision early but we shall see.

I do hope that’s the case Forsch31, and Wacha turns back to his old form or at least part of it.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I love how the Cards call up hot prospects only to sit them on the bench. Par for the course.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

LaRussa used to say two things:

1) These things have a way of working themselves out.
    2) We are just one winning streak away from being right there.

Pugs usually just says one thing:
    “WHERE’S MY BEER AND CIGARETTES AT???”

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~~who says “Where’s my BMW 540i at???”

David
    Participant

Free

It seems like our biggest problem since early May even when we win is not being able to produce when we do get the chance. It seems when we get something started, we screw if up by base running, inability to get the big 2 out hit or we’ll SO when even a productive out to move a runner over to 3rd with less than 2 or score a run even with a Sac fly.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

David
    Participant

Free

I’d rather have a few hitters with an Risp over 300 and one with an BA of 300 than vice versa. Excluding Saturday’s games we were only out hit 15-13 but there hits produced over 50% of their runs in those 2 games whereas our hits only produced 15% and one of those was a solo shot.
    We need to get productivity from the bottom of our order like Wong and Bader.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

That’s a terrible lineup. I am starting to wonder about Shildt. I can see us only scoring a couple of runs tonight with this lineup construction.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~~who wonders if him and Herzog are the only two that know how to construct a lineup

David
    Participant

Free

Not sure if I agree with Wong batting 5th. Anyhow that lineup doesn’t really put fear into opposing pitchers regardless of what order it is.

David
    Participant

Free

It’s like Schildt put 1-8 on a piece of paper, wrote players name on a separate piece then did eeny, meant, mint, mo to figure out who’s playing and the batting order

David
    Participant

Free

Tough break for Bader

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If the Cards didn’t have bad luck, they’d have none at all…Bader’s high fly lands about 6″ foul or Wong would have scored.

David
    Participant

Free

Good at bat. This is win we need that big hit from the bottom of our order

David
    Participant

Free

The approach by Weiters was good , just a good play

David
    Participant

Free

Omg, here we go again.

David
    Participant

Free

This should be reversed which will be big

David
    Participant

Free

Not stellar, but Wacha looks good thru 3. A couple dp’s and a pick off help too. But that’s all about making the pitch when it matters most.

David
    Participant

Free

Finally, a 2 out hit to score a run.

David
    Participant

Free

I like Weiters approach last time. Let’s see if he try’s to go opposite field again

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wacha has been solid and the double plays have helped. It would be nice to get 8 innings from him, if at all possible.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Of course, as I say that he has now struggled to put away two straight hitters. But he gets the K and is still at 75 pitches.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.