StL 2019 Game 64 thread: Sun 6/9 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 64 thread: Sun 6/9 at Cubs

This topic contains 55 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:07 p.m. RHP Adam Wainwright (5-5, 4.34) vs. RHP Kyle Hendricks (6-4, 3.16) ESPN // KMOX

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Bumping this up.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Another blowout coming up. Wainwright was extremely lucky he didn’t give up a bunch last weekend against the Cubs. This one will be 11-2 or thereabouts.

I hope I am wrong. But like I said before the series started, another sweep coming up.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

These two teams have played 8 games this year and the home team is 8-0. There is little evidence to suggest that will change tonight. We just seem to melt down at Wrigley.

Dave
    Participant

Free

I have no interest in watching tonight’s game. I in no way have given up on the season as I still believe we have a good team to compete but our recent play of late has just disgusted me because I know we are better than what we have played. Even if we win or sweep the next series, it will tell me nothing as it will be against the Marlins, but that’s not the team we need to beat to show we are contenders. It’s teams like the cubs, brewers, the elite teams. And not just play well, and compete but win series. Although as of late we haven’t even been playing well nor competing. I won’t sit here and say I know what the problem is, who to sit or play as it would just be an opinion as I’m sure we all have.I don’t know but I strongly believe that we will put it together and start playing as a team, making that big pitch, coming up with that big hit. Hopefully this will happen soon and we can make that move at the deadline to pick up that one missing piece.
    Some one posted that A contract extension for Schildt was laughable. I tend to agree as I am not a big fan of Schildt and my 2 biggest problems with him is his lack of energy. I feel we need someone with a little fire. Someone to light a fire under our ass and not worry about feelings. Last season, Dave Roberts pulled Cody Bellinger out of game because he felt he didn’t hustle to first on ground out. It basically sent a message to the team if I’m willing to pull our star player for not hustling out a grounder then none of you are safe. My other problem was schildt is his handling of the pitching staff. Maybe I’m just old school but I feel every starter should be allowed to work out of their own jam or be at least allowed to continue when they’re pitching well. To me it shows no confidence in your staff they can get out of trouble, complete the job without help. We have easily lost more than a handful of games this year when our starter has pitched well thru 6, been pulled and the pen gives it up. Trust in your pitcher if they say they can continue,. If you show trust in your starter then they will be honest with you when they can’t continue. I realize that is the way of the game today but I don’t like it and it is my opinion as why we will not see those managers who are with a team for many years like a sparky Anderson, leyland. Cox, Weaver, or a Herzog.
    My apologies for the long ranting post.
    Good luck to the Cardinals tonight. Hope they win. Perhaps they can take some inspiration from their NHL counter parts. 2 and half months into the season, the Blues were the worst team in The NHL, and now they are only a few hours away from hoisting the Stanley cup. We are 2 and half months into the MLB season and although we’re not the worst team, we still have time to turn it around and we will be that team in October playing to bring Title 12 back to St.louis

Dave
    Participant

Free

Is there a reason why Kizner hasn’t been given more oppt other than the one last Sunday? He didn’t get a hit but he called a great game. It’s not like Yadi would lose his starting job when he came back no matter how well Kizner hit or called games. Remember Yadi doesn’t call bad games, pitchers miss their targets every time.

Dave
    Participant

Free

Sorry, it’s Knizner

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

With the Blues having a chance to capture Lord Stanley’s Cup tonight – In St. Louis – I think a lot of fans will be watching the NHL game while only watching the Cards game in between commercials and during intermissions.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bandying around great skipper’s from half a century ago like Earl Weaver, Jim Leyland, Sparky Anderson, Bobby Cocks and especially Whitey Herzog, is going to send an exhilarating shiver down the spine of the Esteemed Rat, Dave. Hang in there and watch the action with us here on the game thread, Dave. Anyone else thinking of wimping out(no offense Dave) on this evening’s game?

Dave
    Participant

Free

I say that now Pugsley about having no interest in watching the game tonight but I’m sure Come game time my interest will increase as I am an optimist and always feel this will be the game we turn it around and begin a string of playing good ball like I know we are capable of. Although I do agree with BlackHills that the majority of St. Louis fans will be tuned into the Blues game. And I would think that even if the Cardinals were playing well. Only difference is that the previous channel button on the remote may be used a little more.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m out hiking so I’ll miss at least the first hour of the game, maybe more. Hopefully I’ll tune in to see the Cards take out some frustration on snowball Hendricks.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ponce gets called up, Helsley sent down. Wacha likely to start Monday.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m out hiking so I’ll miss at least the first hour of the game, hopefully more.

Steer clear of Mr. Everest, stlcard25! We’ve already lost enough good guys on that hill this year. And Dave….I figured you wouldn’t miss the game and you’re right about the Blues game swipping some of our audience this evening. I’m not the least bit of a hockey fan, but have much interest in the City of St. Louis dishing out a healthy dose of disappointment to the City of Boston after what they did to us in our last 2 world series meetings. So I’ll have a keen eye pointed towards the ice as well as the diamond tonight. Go Blues! And I would wish our Birds luck tonight, but for the fact that it’s going to take a heck of a lot more than luck for our offense to rough up the hittable Kyle “Cy” Hendricks tonight.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Here’s the lineup I want to see
    3B- Carpenter
    2B- Edman
    1B- Goldschmidt
    LF- Ozuna
    SS- Dejong
    RF- Martinez
    C- Knizner
    CF- Bader

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<14NyquisT wrote:

All that love that was given to Shildt when he replaced Matheny has quickly evaporated. He may be a nice person but seemingly the players and the FO walk all over him. His incapability has been exposed. >

DISAGREE.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

How many inning will it take the Cubs to jump out to a big lead in this one? Two or three at the most. I would say it will be about 7-0 after three innings. At least that way I can watch an episode of Barnaby Jones a little earlier tonight.

r/Esteemed Rat

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Does anyone even care about this game tonight? That’s a serious question. I’m just waiting for the Blues game to get going. There is no interest at all in this game and I never thought that would happen to me.

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

Smelling blood in the water the Cubs score early and often. They have a different mindset and demeanor than the red birds. The cardinals are timid and weak and the Cubs attack w every swing. My prediction is 8-0 heading into the late innings and of course then the cardinals hit a worthless homer and a few basehits that will mean zero. Hendricks will dominate this junior high group of pretenders.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’ll pass TexasCard…..may God be my judge your ambivalence over your Cardinals will pass. Yeah, I’m starting to get as giddy as a 2nd grade school girl in anticipation of the Blues game….and as stated earlier, I don’t even like hockey. Do the announcers do do the same 2 minute “goalllllllll…” thing after scoring, like they do in soccer? Nuts to the Cards tonight!

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

It’s bad when you feel good to be down just one run after the first.

I guess I picked the wrong weekend to quit sniffing glue.

Dave
    Participant

Free

Here are my 3 bold predictions for tonight.
    1 Waino will walk under 5
    2. Schildt will have an emotion
    3. Cardinals will win

Dave
    Participant

Free

I notice they’re attacking the first pitch which I like to see.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Good luck to the Cards tonight, but I’m going to be watching the Blues hopefully clinch their first Stanley Cup.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well I have zero interest in hockey so I’m watching the baseball game tonight. 2-1 in the fifth. At least we aren’t being blown out yet.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I got home just in time to see Waino cough up the 2nd run. I see he let a second one score and Gallegos is in.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years