StL 2019 Game 64 thread: Sun 6/9 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 64 thread: Sun 6/9 at Cubs

This topic contains 55 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 5 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Speaking of Boston, I see where Big Poppy was shot in the D. R. tonight. I think it was to a leg, but no word yet as to his condition. Americans have been dropping like flys over in the Dominican of late, so if you’re planning a road trip over there, you may want to reconsider. It looks like next to Chicago, the Dominican Republic is the riskiest place on earth……we all are painfully aware how our Redbirds have been getting killed there of late. The place where Lyman Bostock got plugged, Gary, Indiana, wouldn’t make my top 5 vacation locations either. Let’s pray for Big Poppy.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

For the record, the Rams lost that SuperBowl.

Last night was a long night. I can’t handle another Boston championship.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dave… from page 1

Here are my 3 bold predictions for tonight.
    1 Waino will walk under 5
    2. Schildt will have an emotion
    3. Cardinals will win

One out of three ain’t bad. 1 walk, no emotion no win.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Quote of the Day:
    mudville

This team lacks intensity, it lacks fierceness, it lacks the killer instinct. There is no one to anchor this team. Lights are on, nobody is home. They can’t motivate themselves, and Shildt can’t motivate them. This is a talented roster. I just hope MO doesn’t panic and give away the farm for Bumgarner or Stroman. Neither of them is the answer that this team needs. This team needs a player that will start playing like he means it.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

The “no intensity” element is hard to tangibly gauge, but it’s there if you are looking. Fowler’s bunt was a case in point. If he hustled out of the box, instead of being half spectator, he would have been safe. As a result, Bryant’s lack of 3B bag coverage wasn’t nearly so costly to the cubs. Running hard is one thing each player can control. Pretty weak of the broadcast trio to not mention it.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years