StL 2019 Game 64 thread: Sun 6/9 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 64 thread: Sun 6/9 at Cubs

This topic contains 55 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A little something going for the Cards in the 6th. Welp, was something. Rizzo throws Goldy out at home. Still two on and one out.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If it wasn’t Goldy, I’d say he should have run Contreras over. Teach those Cubs a lesson.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No runs after a golden opportunity. This is the Cardinal Way now, I guess.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I saw him in his first game and said the same thing, but Andrew Knizner looks pretty good behind the plate. He gets to pitches in the dirt, looks good framing to my eye, and threw out Cargo. Now if the bat shows up doesn’t go Carson Kelly…

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree about Knizer. He looks very good behind the plate.

Also, Gallegos is nails. That guy needs more high leverage opportunities.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Waino had to leave the game with hamstring injury.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hendricks is having his usual Maddux like performance against us at Wrigley.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carp with an error and then Cmart throws one almost into the dugout. The Cubs are moving runners on Cardinal mistakes.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There’s Schwarber with the stinging single to drive in a run that wouldn’t have scored without two bad plays.

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

And why not just look at strike 3. That is this team. Zero attack demeanor. Just so soft.

GACard
    Participant

Free

None of the games in this series were ever in question after the fifth inning

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

Theo Epstein owns Moz and it’s not even close. Each move the cubs make is way bigger and works. The cards front office pathetic.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well looks bad for the cards. ill be glad when this series is over and I can start watching again. gonna have to hit better, wont matter who we are playing.. plus from what ive read, play defensively better. heck they just need to be better.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Theo Epstein owns Moz and it’s not even close. Each move the cubs make is way bigger and works. The cards front office pathetic.

Serious question…have you made any positive post at all since you showed up? It seems you might be better off taking some time off from watching baseball for a while.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Look on the bright side…….we only have one more trip to Wrigley this year.

r/Esteemed Rat

Calexander5289
    Participant

Free

Cards look like Subbies of last 35+ years, losers.
    Maybe package Carpenter and C. Martinez to get a winner or two.?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards are now 6-22 in last 28 games at Wrigley. That is not good.

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

StlcArd- Thanks for paying attention to my posts and I appreciate the concern. I have to vent here and get it off my chest. I do feel better now, thanks.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well we are half way home with this series ( I think we play Chicago 18 times ) and each team has held serve. Maybe we’ll have to check with Skip and our good friends over at the esteemed Elias Sports Bureau, as I seriously doubt that the home teams have won each game of an 18+ head-to-head series in a given year. I am tired of our Birds making me feel so angry. Their lousy play has even carried over to my regular life as I have found myself being very easily agitated since this team did an about face for the worse starting with their final game of the series vs Scherzer & the Nats in D. C. My lovely wife has noticed it…….my darling daughter has noticed it…..my employees have noticed it…..heck, I bet you guys have even noticed it.

jim
    jim
    Participant

Free

We have scored run or more in exactly 3 innings out of 27 in Chicago this weekend.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

So now that the Cardinals have been sacrificed to the sports gods, I’m really hoping its a good sing for the Blues in the 3rd period.

With this loss the Cards fall back under .500 again. But I hear the Cardinals are in a better place than the vast majority of other teams.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

I’m trying to find one positive outcome from this series at Wrigley…either individual performance or on-field management. Can’t think of any.

Maybe we can take a game or two from a 23-40 team this week, but not holding my breath.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This team lacks intensity, it lacks fierceness, it lacks the killer instinct. There is no one to anchor this team. No Chris Carpenter. No Pujols. No Edmonds. Lights are on, nobody is home. They can’t motivate themselves, and Shildt can’t motivate them. This is a talented roster. I just hope MO doesn’t panic and give away the farm for Bumgarner or Stroman. Neither of them is the answer that this team needs. This team needs a player that will start playing like he means it.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

The Blues have a better chance of winning the cup back in Boston than making the playoffs. This team sucks even by 2016,2017 and 2018 standards.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Avatar 858booyah.
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Boy you avid Blues fans have to be feeling mighty blue tonight with both St. Louis teams finding themselves on the short side of 5-1 scores. But, the Blues are not finished yet. St. Louis cannot continue to let Boston best them in professional championship series’. I don’t know what the all time record is between these two fair cities? I think I heard tonight that the Bruins beat the Blues in the 1970 championship round. And our Birds beat Boston in ’67 and ’46. The Rams beat New England in a super bowl. If the St. Louis Hawks ever played the Celtics in a championship series, then I’m sure they would have lost. Am I missing any? Anyway, the Blues can do it on Wednesday…… go Birds & Blues!!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years