StL 2019 Game 62 thread: Fri 6/7 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 62 thread: Fri 6/7 at Cubs

This topic contains 61 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Looks like the offense has gone on vacation again.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Cy Hamels is shutting down the Cardinal offense and Mikolas is out after 4 innings and 74 pitches. Is he hurt?

Dave
    Participant

Free

When I see Rizzo crowd the plate, it makes me wonder how pitchers like Nolan Ryan would have handled that. Nowadays pitchers seem almost apologetic when they throw inside

Dave
    Participant

Free

I think they’re still on the same vacation Cardinal in France

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t want 1 win. I want 3. May not happen today, but there is time.

Dave
    Participant

Free

Oh look a first pitch swing results in a hit

Dave
    Participant

Free

You can’t fault Fowler’s for that one. He’s not use to being that far from Home plate unless he’s in the outfield or dugout

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

fowler gets picked off, just stupid. if he was trying to steal, its one thing but he obviously wasn’t. just cant happen when you are down and the team isn’t hitting to begin with. im gonna stop watching as I planned, maybe things will turn around in my absence.

Dave
    Participant

Free

I don’t blame you willie. This is just sad.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When Baez whacked that 2 run dinger in the bottom of the 1st, I knew that deficit would be insurmountable for our Cardinal offense. That’s not me being a quitter, that’s me simply being observant. Goldy is really starting to get on my nerves. Maybe Arizona knew something about the guy that our brass did not?……wouldn’t be the first time our present upper echelon got bamboozled.

Dave
    Participant

Free

My feeling going into June up until the break would determine if the Cardinals were the team we saw in April or the team we saw in May? It’s still early in June (4 games in), but even with a 3-1 record going into today, signs point to the team in May. Based on lack of offense, failure to come up with that big hit or make that big pitch.

Dave
    Participant

Free

I had the same feeling too Pugsley. I felt if we had a chance , that MM would need to be on his A game and hopefully score some runs late against their bullpen

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

Guys,

What you see today is the same performance we have seen over and over again the last two years. Team cannot hit. The real travesty is don’t look for any noticeable changes all year.
    3 hits thru seven. Good Lord a broken record. Time to switch to the college Super regionals.

Dave
    Participant

Free

At least we avoided the shutout

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

This will be the 18th time scoring three or less since May started. That isn’t a bad streak that is who they are and this franchise has done zero to improve this offense.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well, another day, another 12 strikeouts!

Dave
    Participant

Free

Today’s game was a good example in comparing a mediocre team to a good team,. The cubs only had two more hits than us but those extra 2 hits resulted in 3 runs. Not that we had many opportunities but neither did they, however they made the best of them when they did

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Just got home and watched the last three at bats. DeJong’s HR was obviously nice to see, but the Goldschmidt and Ozuna ABs are a microcosm of this offense. Terrible situational awareness / hitting by Ozuna to not get to a 3-0 count. He really just needed to get on base. No wonder they’re losing a lot of games in recent weeks.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Cole hamels on my fantasy team at least

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Does anyone know how Deleon, Reyes, and Gombers are doing?

Ponce De Leon pitched three innings for Memphis yesterday and is on standby as a potential starter in Miami on Monday.

Reyes last start wasn’t that good. He will need to be more effective for Memphis before he is called back up.

Gomber is still on the IL.

GACard
    Participant

Free

If this season doesn’t end with a playoff appearance the FO has to be done for though, right?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If this season doesn’t end with a playoff appearance the FO has to be done for though, right?

I doubt it.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

hahahahahaha Until the Cards face the next pitcher, huh Mike? This was the 6th game the Cardinals were held to exactly one run since May 2. They’ve score zero runs in 3 games. They’ve scored exactly two runs in 6 games. They’ve scored 3 runs in 3 games. To sum all of that up, the Cardinals have scored 3 runs or less in 18 of the past 31 games. They went 3-15 in those 18 games and they’ve went 11-20 overall. Stop with the B.S. because the narrative you’re trying to shove down our throats doesn’t match reality. We’re sick of it.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Word on the street is that the bat truck mistakenly went to Miller Park today but is being rerouted to the Ivy Lined Toilet Bowl by tomorrow. I dread such an appearance like todays on ESPN Sunday night. I guess I am just too old because I though fan was short for fanatic a person who stood by their team thick or thin. Seems a lot enjoy poking them instead of standing by them.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<Stop with the B.S. because the narrative you’re trying to shove down our throats doesn’t match reality. We’re sick of it. >

I guess this is true of 29 teams at the end of every season huh? Assuming the Cards were to win something or at least make the playoffs, how soon would they have to repeat to suit those who ‘are sick of it.’ If you feel somebody is shoving it down your throat perhaps it is time to move on to a team that can be constant winners for you. Less sickness that way I guess. Me, I will stick with the Cards since I like watching their games and the cable TV coverage costs me nothing extra. I was a Twins fan until I moved to Missouri in 2003. The won the World Series in 1987 and 1991 but not much else but I sure don’t recall their fans going bat s–t crazy with each loss (and there were many). If I go to a restaurant and they are not serving food the way I like I simply go to another restaurant. But I like the Cards, thick or thin, so I will stick with them – not happy all the time but not much in life insures constant happiness.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years