StL 2019 Game 62 thread: Fri 6/7 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 62 thread: Fri 6/7 at Cubs

This topic contains 61 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m not sure what else Shildt was going to say there. The team is full of streaky hitters and almost all of them are in a cold stretch right now. I’m sure eventually they’ll get hot again, but who knows if they will be able to stay in it until then. I haven’t been watching as many games of late because of other commitments, but hopefully will have more time soon and the team will play better baseball to watch.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

MM3 I’ll watch the Cardinals because its the team I love, but I’m tired of the baseless excuses. You cherry picked my entire comment to suit your own needs in order to point how great a fan you are. Well congrats on your fandom. Frankly, I’m not interested in your manhood measurement contest and I find it hilarious you missed the entire point of my post.

Shildt acted like it was just today where the Cardinals were handcuffed by an opposing pitcher. As I pointed out they’ve been held to very runs on a lot of different occasions, so Shildt’s reasoning is baseless.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Bhc, your comments about the other poster are out of line. This forum is not like other places where anything goes. Please keep your posts about baseball. Disagree with positions without getting personal.

GACard
    Participant

Free

I think the frustration peaks with people here because this is the fourth year in a row like this. They tried to help the offense with goldy and it hasn’t worked so far. We can’t say they didn’t do anything. It’s frustrating to see a team that can show how good they are in April but can’t avoid the kind of stretched that eventually are the difference from making the postseason and not. not saying there won’t be bad stretches but if we could squeeze a few more close games during these stretches it would go a long way when we get hot later in the year

One game but it would be nice to see the offense break the funk. You look at the individual numbers in the lineup and they are very disappointing

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Brian, I apologize for my out of line comments. I should have used a better choice of words. The rest of my post I won’t apologize for because I don’t appreciate my comments being cherry picked while my entire point was ignored. I also don’t appreciate posters comparing their fandom to others like that’s a competition, which was my above point and I acknowledged should have used a better choice of words.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<BlackHillsCard wrote:

MM3 I’ll watch the Cardinals because its the team I love, but I’m tired of the baseless excuses. You cherry picked my entire comment to suit your own needs in order to point how great a fan you are. Well congrats on your fandom. Frankly, I’m not interested in your manhood measurement contest and I find it hilarious you missed the entire point of my post. >

I can understand your frustration and I guess you have the right to express that on any forum. But I felt that your choice of words was strong enough that it deserved a response. So, as is typical on these kinds of boards, I become the villain for daring to respond with another view. I won’t bother to respond to you in the future as you seem to view it as a ‘manhood measurement’ and ‘cherry picking’. I hope you have a good day. Maybe a couple of Cards victories will lighten the moment.

UConn Card
    UConn Card

Paid - Annual

There are no “villans” here.

What we DO have are individuals who love the St Louis Cardinals dearly and want them to win. How each expresses their fandom is their own and should NOT be considered a reflection of another’s fandom. No one has the market cornered on judging who is or isn’t a fan.

Keep posts directed to baseball and off of personalities.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Minute…. I believe all the complaints are coming from true Cardinal fans that are disappointed and upset with what the Cardinals are putting on the field everyday. The FO promoted this year’s team as one that they went all out for. If things get worse…. more anger and frustration. But the folks on TCN are true Cards fans. They just want to see a better team.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

All we need do is throttle these guys the next two games by a combined score of 19-2 and Mrs. Minuteman3 will be hosting Mrs. BlackHills for tea and crumpets come Monday morning. Really though, someone needs to break serve in this series and today seems like the perfect day for such an occasion. I’m calling this one 15-love Birds with Wieters playing a little long ball. Time for Goldy to finally get locked in!

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Hey Pugs, nice tennis reference. Very apropos with the French Open going on. Do you follow that stuff? I do and there are some significant parallels to baseball techniques and tactics.

Well said, UConn. There is not one correct way to “express” yourself as a devoted, loyal fan. Now, the Cards need to kick the cubs’ butts the rest of the series so we can all be happy.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My mother is a tennis (and Bridge) fanatic, so I follow it, but not avidly. When I was a kid she drug me out to the court often, so I became a somewhat decent player. At that time I specialized in these little dinkshots that would just barely make it over the net, which would frustrate the heck out of her. Really, there are few things in this world that give me greater pleasure than an opposing tennis player flinging their rackets in disgust. My mother wasn’t much of a tennis racket tosser, but I’ve player against many who were. Speaking of “toss”, ol’ Jack better be ready to toss a dandy today. He should be just about primed to come into his own any time now.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There is no doubt that everyone on here are passionate Card fans. That is why we are here. I think GA and Ny nailed it what they said. This is the fourth year in a row of mediocre baseball and it is causing fan’s temperament to sour, mine included. We just all need to try to be respectful of each other when venting and please no more suggestions that some posters should go find another team to root for.

As for the team, I think jager outlined it very well the other day. We have boxed ourselves in with this offense and it is going to be difficult to upgrade anytime soon because we are locked in all over the field.

C: We are locked in with Molina at $20M/yr. He isn’t going anywhere and will probably be extended.
    1B: We are locked in with Goldy on a big contract for the next 5 years. He isn’t going anywhere.
    2B: We are locked in with Wong for the next couple of years. I doubt he is going anywhere considering his defense.
    SS: We are locked in with DeJong on a long term deal. He isn’t going anywhere.
    3B: We locked in Carp on an extension for some reason so he isn’t going anywhere.
    RF: We all know we are locked in with Fowler unless we eat a lot of money and he waives his NTC.
    CF: We could possibly upgrade here offensively but Bader’s defense and speed are great.
    LF: Ozuna is in his walk year and putting up good numbers this year. He could be replaced by a cheaper player next year but will they put up the same numbers?

I don’t see many offensive upgrades coming our way this season unless it was a bench bat or something.

However, we can still upgrade the team with a couple of pitchers. If we acquired a true ace (Scherzer, Greinke, or maybe Madbum or Stroman) and another high end bullpen piece, I think this team could win enough games to get a wild card spot and possibly challenge the Cubs for the division.

The last time I checked a 3-2 win counts the same in the standings as a 10-5 win.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Avatar gscottar.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Avatar gscottar.
Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years