StL 2019 Game 57 thread: Sat 6/1 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 57 thread: Sat 6/1 vs. Cubs

Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

Free

3 more outs, let’s do this boys

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

These are the situations they need to start owning. Whatever Martinez does, no walks please with a 3-run lead.

David
    Participant

Free

First series win since end of April against the Nats with a chance of a series sweep. First since the Brewers I believe in mid April

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Martinez with a comfortable save. Cards take the series. This afternoon will be time for a sweep payback.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Go count the sheep, Dave.

David
    Participant

Free

Cmart pitched well.

David
    Participant

Free

Pugsley took mine so I’ll have to count some different ones.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow I did doze off and miss this exciting drubbing of our spiraling downward arch rival cubbies. And I did count 7 of the most wonderful sheep imaginable during this unconscious state, while cub fans could only count 4. With Euro & Dave at the PBP helm, it looks like good ol’ Pugs wasn’t missed a bit. I think we may have found our ideal PBP tandem in these two fine gentlemen. But I’ll tell you what! I will not go down without a fight! May God be my judge I’ll pull out all of the stops in future PBP efforts to ward off their attempt at a PBP coup d’etat….including offering free goodies to my once faithful PBP followers. Bring out the brooms today, gang!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was asleep before the rain delay even ended. Ha. Glad y’all brought the win home!! Great to get the series already, and it would be wonderful to finish off the sweep in style this afternoon. Go Cards!

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Out hit 12 to 7, but win 7-4? It’s obviously better when we are the ones getting the extra base hits.

Good start by Flaherty. Blown up by Brebbia, bit of a surprise. Nice finish by Martinez.

I can’t believe that we lost 17 of 23, and we are only 2 1/2 behind the Cubs, 3 1/2 behind Milwaukee. Does ten over 500 win this division?

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Four of the six divisions are looking like run-a-ways, with the NL Central a notable exception. All five teams are in the hunt at this point.

Great win by the boys representing the Gateway City. Some clutch defensive plays and nice timing of the hits on offense. The two former team right fielders each homered over the other guy in the game.

Would be great to bring out the brooms today!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We went into the Funk of May, and we are still only 2 1/2 out? Crazy. Possibly 1 1/2 with a W today.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Technically we are 3 out of first right now. The Brew Crew jumped the Cubs last night for the division lead. Boy I just hate knocking the Cubs out of first place. :o)

Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.