StL 2019 Game 54 thread: Wed 5/29 at Phils

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 54 thread: Wed 5/29 at Phils

This topic contains 94 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Houstonlarry24 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Stpcard
    Participant

Free

What needs to be done eventually should be done immediately.

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

Dexter Fowler is embarrassing himself. So is Shildt, honestly. I’m about ready for a purge.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

What in the world do you expect from FS Midwest? They are 30 percent owned by the team, for Pete’s sake! Their job is to generate interest in the team, to increase ratings and sell tickets.

There’s only so much BS someone can take, Brian. This team sucks, Waino has an ERA near 5, and they keep posting their crap propaganda. It gets old. At least I have the Blues to distract me from the manure show that is the Cards.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sit the veterans. Make them watch munoz and gyorko and wieters play. Send Any of them you can to AAA and bring up any kid.

As a Duke basketball fan, I’ve seen Coach K do this a number of times and it rarely doesn’t work. Then again, those are college kids and these are grown MLB players…but still, a bit of rowdiness and a very clear message that we will not accept half hearted play like this would go a long ways. This team has enough talent to not be this awful, mediocre starting pitching or not.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well eurowolf, that’s what you get with fowler. his hitting this year has concealed his flaws in a lot of folks eyes, not mine though. its just makes it really bad when he isn’t hitting like now.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This reminds me of Wacha’s relief performance in Game 5 of the 2014 NLCS. He just isn’t comfortable as a reliever, although he hasn’t been comfortable as a starter this year either.

I feel bad for him actually. What was once such a promising career seems to be imploding in front of our eyes right now, similar to Matt Harvey. It is sad but hey this is a business.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I still don’t see the pitching as all that bad

Jack mik are fine

Hudson and Waino are fine enough

We have one spot the one tonight which is not settled. And Reyes looks like he will be in it shortly.

Then you look hard at Waino and Hudson and see if Gomber Ponce Woodford Shew or Genesis can help.

The bullpen is solid with CMart in there but if he heads back to the rotation then we need another solid arm. A power lefty would be nice regardless.

The hitters are not hitting.

That’s the beginning and end of the reason why this month has been so bad.

They have to figure it out. Period.

And it doesn’t seem like anything Shildt and the staff are doing is helping anything. If anything everyone is getting worse. DeJong is even flailing

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I feel bad for him actually. What was once such a promising career seems to be imploding in front of our eyes right now, similar to Matt Harvey. It is sad but hey this is a business.

Same here. Especially with how good he was until the oblique injury last year. He seemed to have turned a corner, and then boom…that’s it. I think you almost have to DFA him at this point.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Well we always have the FSMW propaganda machine.

“The emperor has no clothes” disorder is endemic in this franchise.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

June 9, 2017 – Third base coach Chris Maloney is fired. The team still misses the playoffs.
    July 14, 2018 – Manager Mike Matheny and hitting coach John Mabry are fired. The team still misses the playoffs.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

The only good news in baseball is Cincy lost which means the Cards won’t be in 5th place after this manure show tonight.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

The Wacha appearance reminded me a little of a game years ago where LaRussa kept a struggling Jason Marquis in a game against the White Sox, where he just got pounded. The Marquis game was actually worse, as I think he gave up double-figure runs that night, but they needed him to take one for the team.

One thing Shildt better not do tonight, or I will be through with him – and that is bring a position player in to pitch. When you have 13 pitchers, you damn-well better not bring in a position player to “save” an arm. Do that and you are really embarrassing your self and your team.

GACard
    Participant

Free

At what point do people stop showing up

GACard
    Participant

Free

It’ll be a miracle if they win another game this week

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Even the Cardinals twitter account realizes this is a disaster. They haven’t tweeted in an hour. I guess no web gems or dugout antics to draw attention away from the score.

Heck even the MiLB teams still tweet when they are getting blasted.

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

June 9, 2017 – Third base coach Chris Maloney is fired. The team still misses the playoffs.
    July 14, 2018 – Manager Mike Matheny and hitting coach John Mabry are fired. The team still misses the playoffs.

Keep going up the ladder and they will finally get to the root of the problem.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shake it up:

Crazy

DFA:
    Wacha bring up Edman send down Edman or Munoz when we need the next starter Ponce or Gomber or Reyes?

Down:
    Bader up Oneill
    Genesis up Helsley

Bench:
    Fowler
    DeJong…Munoz
    Carp…gyorko
    Wong…Edman
    Goldy… wieters

Edman, Yadi, jmart, Ozuna, Oneill, wieters, gyorko, Munoz

Ride it for a few days. Drop Ozuna out too and cycle in Wong or DeJong and Munoz to the OF

Make the vets watch. And more than one day. Make them have to watch and get angry at the coaches or Gm or whomever.

GACard
    Participant

Free

I’m pretty excited to hear the postgame interviews. They’ll just keep getting better

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

When they tweet happy stuff, you criticize it. When they don’t tweet, you still criticize it. Let’s talk about the game! Still two more innings to slog through.

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

I’ll talk about the game. Dexter Fowler may not be able to catch a fly ball. He may not be able to hustle. And he may still have the same number of hits as the Cardinals leadoff man as I do this year. But he has hit two fair balls to the outfield tonight. That is real improvement we can hang our hats on!

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Keep going up the ladder and they will finally get to the root of the problem.

June 30, 2017 – Girsch promoted to VP and GM.
    June 30, 2017 – Mo promoted to PBO.
    The team missed the playoffs in 2017 and 2018 and might be having their worst May ever in 2019.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

When they tweet happy stuff, you criticize it. When they don’t tweet, you still criticize it. Let’s talk about the game!

You apparently got confused because I specifically mentioned the FSMW twitter account and the Cardinals twitter account which are two separate entities.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mr. Shildt says that he doesn’t like to over react but maybe he should try it once. Things couldn’t get any worse.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

My escape from “real life” Cardinal baseball is that I am reading a SABR book about the 1934 Gas House Gang. But like any story about people, it has some tragedy in it. Last night I read about Bill Delancey, whose promising career, and life was cut way too short.

That in itself keeps things in perspective, as even when your team is in an awful stretch, it is still only a game.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Shout out to the Blues! Thanks St. Louis Blues for this much needed distraction. At least one St. Louis team knows how to win a game. Meanwhile, Brebbia has to come in with 2 outs with runners on corners.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years