StL 2019 Game 54 thread: Wed 5/29 at Phils

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 54 thread: Wed 5/29 at Phils

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    philcron77
    Participant

Free

Wow they took him out. Weak.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

After a Wieters solo home run, Cabrera gets the hook with two out in the fourth with a runner on second. He left after two trips through the Phillies lineup and Wacha has taken over.

philcron77
    Participant

Free

Glad they brought in Wacha hated that move. Such a terrible decision.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Like Danny Mac and Edmonds said Cabrera’s outing wasn’t great but it wasn’t that bad either. Fowler’s error didn’t help then Harper’s HR probably doesn’t go out of most parks. But it is what it is.

Now Wacha is throwing gas on the fire.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Bader gets double switched out on the pitching change. A single to center turns into a two-run double with Fowler apparently slow to get the ball in. Then Martinez commits an error on a catchable foul ball. Now 6-1 through four innings.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Welp, Cabrera’s start wasn’t exactly worst case scenario but wasn’t good. Send him back down and try again with a different guy. *sigh*

philcron77
    Participant

Free

Cabrera made 1 real mistake to Harper don’t get people saying he was bad. He and Wieters seemed off. Fowler cost him 2 runs and the manager cost him another by taking him out and putting in Wacha.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This team appears to be mentally shot. I’m not sure how the season can be salvaged, but it has to be soon or they may be well out of it before the All Star break.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, ugly game. This has that “wheels have come off” feeling about it. Poor effort combined with a look of being outclassed talent-wise. This team has the talent, but it just is not coming together these last four weeks. Hard to believe there is a strong chance we could go the entire month of May without winning 2 consecutive games, and might even be in last place come June 1st.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I get that this is second guessing, but with a runner on and two outs, if you feel you have to pull the starter, why not bring in a short reliever to get the final out of the inning and let Wacha begin with a clean slate? His first relief appearance in three years and he begins with a runner in scoring position? While they have an eight-man pen?

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

9 hits in the last 23 innings. This team has no pride and a very bad culture. The poison that is this organization eats up anyone that joins.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Never mind. Wacha started the fifth with a clean slate and gave up three more runs on two homers. Ugly.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Well we always have the FSMW propaganda machine.

philcron77
    Participant

Free

Starting to question if we got caught up in the moment and didn’t do a proper manager search and settled.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Good point, Brian. I had not really thought about that, but it is a good point, especially with the crowd in the bullpen.

Edmonds is saying Wacha needs to throw inside to someone after that slow trot around the bases. Instead, Wacha walks the pitcher. One of the lower points I recall in recent seasons of Cardinal baseball.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

I think you can put a fork in this season, literally amazing considering the division isn’t that great but starting pitching is not even close to what you need and the offense is a joke.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

…something is wrong with Wacha’s release point. He keeps throwing the ball low, to the same spot. And now McCutchen goes deep. How bad can it get?

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow.

1982 willie
    Participant

well our offense is horrible again tonight. I missed the early part of the game, so don’t really know how the starter did. but what I do know, you have to be able to score more than one to three runs to win a game. wacha is falling apart now but the game was over before. we have to get this offense going. I don’t really know the answers here but we are going down pretty fast. im sorry, but schildt needs to get wacha out of there.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

What in the world do you expect from FS Midwest? They are 30 percent owned by the team, for Pete’s sake! Their job is to generate interest in the team, to increase ratings and sell tickets. Why is that a surprise and what does that have to do with tonight’s game, anyway? Wainwright isn’t even pitching – at least not yet – though I wonder if Carpenter even at his age wouldn’t be an improvement over Wacha.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Shildt is playing match-up in an 11-1 game. 🙂

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How can something drastic not be done at this point?

With this performance you might start an internal discussion about DFAing him or something. Maybe the Cecil or Holland treatment. I’m sure his arm is sore at this point. 60day DL him and send him home to get his head on. If he can’t pitch in the pen after time off and can’t be in the rotation I’m not sure what you do with him.

Still for as bad as it has been I still can’t fault the pitching. Even as bad as it has been tonight. We have 2hits. That doesn’t beat anyone.

Change more than one thing. Change it all.

Sit the veterans. Make them watch munoz and gyorko and wieters play. Send Any of them you can to AAA and bring up any kid.

Prove a point and show that we won’t accept this kind of performance.

Shildt and the coaches are on notice now. They may not survive the season with displays like this

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

why not bring in a short reliever to get the final out of the inning

Instead, the double switch and move of Fowler ended up biting Shildt in all 3 places. Wacha gets whacked, JMart alligator arms a foul fly, and Fowler nonchalants and single into a double.

And speaking of Fowler, how does a guy who has already bumbled a routine fly into 2 unearned runs not play the rest of the game with his pants on fire? He strolls his way over to a routine single, then Harper picks up on that and hustles his butt to 2B. Like I said last night, these guys lack focus and don’t seem to care — a strong indication that accountability is out the window, especially considering the manager moved Fowler to a more important defense position after his initial blunder.

This team is a wreck.

1982 willie
    Participant

well harper is having a great night. the guy I always felt we should have tried harder to get. nothing ive seen this year of him, tells me any different.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

I became a fan in about 1954. I have never seen a Cardinal team look like this one has in the past 24 games. I have no idea what can be done. But, some statement has to be made. I see no evidence that they can break out of this.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years