StL 2019 Game 52 thread: Sun 5/26 vs. Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 52 thread: Sun 5/26 vs. Braves

This topic contains 61 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Houstonlarry24 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:05 p.m. RHP Jack Flaherty (4-3, 4.19) vs. RHP Julio Teheran (3-4, 3.67) ESPN // KMOX // WIJR

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Its about time for a good outing by Fletcher. Hopefully we can build off the 8th inning last night and put some runs on the board.

Anybody suspect that perhaps – just perhaps – both Carpenter and Goldstein are about to turn things around?

r/Esteemed Rat

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Good points, Ratfink. They seem to play better at Sportsman’s Park.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1. Dexter Fowler (S) RF
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    4. Marcell Ozuna (R) LF
    5. Matt Carpenter (L) 3B
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. Kolten Wong (L) 2B
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Jack Flaherty (R) P

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s win today, boys!! 6 1/3 by Flaherty, 11 K’s, 1 one run on a home run (of course). Good guys 5, Braves 1.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Woodford will get the call on the 29th. Didn’t realize Jake’s stats line has changed a little in 2019. Opponents batting .195, walks up, fly balls and K’s up.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Good win last night, let’s keep that momentum going.

I’d like nothing more than this team proving wrong those of us who believe they are on an unrecoverable downward trend. If they make the playoffs and do well, Mo will look like a genius, many of us will look like idiots, and I’m ok with that. Maybe today is the start of that reversal? First b-2-b win this month…?

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In addition to the first B2B wins, it would also be the first series win this month. It has been a long, dry spell for sure.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is, I mean was the longest dry spell I can remember in a while. I want to see them more aggressive at the plate and on the mound. Using hit and run is a good way to get a slumping batter out of his funk. Swinging 3-0 occasionally, And as I have said before, pitch inside. Back hitters off the plate.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fowler with some nice base running in the first, stealing second and tagging up on Dejong’s fly ball. We will see if it pays off.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Very true, stlcard25. On the other hand, that is what true leadoff men are supposed to do. It seems so unusual for the Cardinals because they haven’t had one for years.

Fowler has been hit by a pitch in three consecutive games. I always wonder if there is going to be a new injury when I see the ball hitting his foot.

Flaherty has four Ks through two scoreless innings.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna’s foul ball was registered at 117.2 mph. Too bad he couldn’t have straightened it out a bit. Instead, he walks to load the bases for the Bases Loaded King.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Unfortunately, Carp can’t come through. Still 0-0.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Hicks’ poor pitching is a perfect reflection of poor bullpen management. The fact he has barely pitched this month is why he’s all over the place. He needs consistency.

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free

what a way to blow an easy win…with 2 lefties in the 9th why wasn’t Miller in there?

GACard
    Participant

Free

Yeah I don’t blame hicks. I blame a team that didn’t pitch find an inning for him for 3 weeks and thinks he should be ready to go two nights in a row. Schildt extension happened way too fast. Dude is incompetent. Don’t care if miller pulls a miracle or not

Schildt may not even the problem. Maybe the front office just micromanaged these managers

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Shildt has a losing record since the interim tag was removed.

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

Braves have more hits in the 9th than this pathetic line up has all night.

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

That’s the way to go out in the home half of the 9th and put pressure on the opposing team. 7 pitches and three pathetic outs. This team is beyond soft.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Webb in relief in the 10th. Looking bleak now.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Webb walks the go ahead run in after the intentional pass. The boos ring out, as they very well should. Horrendous managing and execution.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Webb walks in the go ahead run. I love that he replaced Brebbia. Good on ya Shildty! I think everybody could see that coming except him.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Euro Dandy Euro Dandy.
    858booyah
    Participant

Free

FU Webb!

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I get we’re all angry about the bullpen but the offense only managed 2 damn hits this game. lol

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

A team and franchise of pretenders. It is Memorial Day and this team hasn’t won back to back games this month.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years