StL 2019 Game 31 thread: Thu 5/2 at Nats

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 31 thread: Thu 5/2 at Nats

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gyorko a leadoff hit!

Carp whiffs and I don’t what his issue is tonight as his slump is over. I guarantee you this….Carp is going to go crazy at Wrigley this weekend.

Marcell – Infield hit….sweet!

O’Neill – Oh wow if he could have straightened that one(foul) out. Struck out on a high slider.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The Carp K parade needs to end. Then O’Neill Ks with 2 on for the second out in the 8th. Bader batting now and this situation might be the Cards last good chance to keep this streak going. Doolittle coming in relief of Barraclough.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dolittle coming on in relief for Bearclaw, to face Bader. Let’s hope he “does little” in his quest to get out of Washington’s pickle here in the 8th.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Bases loaded after Bader walks. Goldy batting. High drama.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy up with the bases at their full capacity and 2 outs.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Between Goldy’s and O’Neill’s fouls this inning, the Cards just aren’t meant to win I guess!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Between them, Goldy and O’Neill have about 950 feet of foul ballness to left with those 2 mammoth shots….now Goldy whiffs.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Goldy punched out with the bases loaded.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Try a new link, Brian.

Now it’s working.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Leone flat out getting the job done tonight . Let’s make him the winner….though Dakota deserves it….oops, Kendrick rips a 2 out base knock and that will send Mr. Leone to the pines.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian, the answer to the O’Neill bench question is no. He cannot.

I just got home, turning the game on now. Doesn’t look like I missed a lot.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We’ve outhit these chaps 8-5 tonight, but we’ve unfortunately outerrored them 2-0 also….(cough cough Munoz)….speaking of Munoz, he just smokes a leadoff base hit up the middle, his 3rd hit tonight.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dolittle can bring the mustard!

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Paul Goldschmidt has been a monster with men on base over his career.

Bases Empty: .869 OPS with an average BB/K ratio of 300/632
    Men On Base: .997 OPS with a solid BB/K ratio of 266/463

But here’s the weird catch. He’s not good with the bases loaded. In fact he’s much worse with the bases loaded than he is in any other men-on-base situation.

Bases Loaded: .854 OPS with a crap BB/K ratio of 6/28

Well, make that 6/29 now. I’m not saying that Shildt shouldn’t have used him there. Not saying that at all. But it makes for an interesting study of psychology, in that Goldy certainly appears to simply place too much pressure on himself, or just gets impatient, when the sacks are jammed. He isn’t himself.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tell you what….between Strasburg and Dolittle, that’s one heck of a lot of homliness.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

After the Munoz single, Dejong struck out and Wong gave one a ride that came up a bit short. Now can Jedd come through?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gyorko pops out and the Cards fall, 2-1. On to Chicago.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jeff Gyorko, stlcard25????

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jeff Gyorko, stlcard25????

May as well have been Jeff! He didn’t do much, haha.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Pick your poison. Munoz and Gyorko had five of the team’s nine hits – and both the errors.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Tough to lose those 1 run games, but cannot complain getting 3 of 4 on the road. We did luck out a bit getting those guys while they are banged up.

Shildt played it different than I would have. I wanted Goldy up in the 7th I believe it was, hitting for Wong against the lefty. Then you bring him in to play first, move Carp to third and Jedd to second.

You have a day game tomorrow in Chicago, so no way I play Molina unless it is an emergency. Keep the switch hitting catcher in there. Plus you might have had Goldy up again in the ninth.

Should be a good one this weekend. Hopefully we can get at least two, but Chicago is playing well.

I like that the Cubs play those Friday afternoon games. I am surprised more teams don’t do that. People love to leave work early on Friday, and you know the area restaurants and bars like it.

UncleDenny
    Participant

In all fairness, it’s hard to stay sharp with such little playing time. If I were Schildt? I would have rested just a couple of regulars at a time.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I have a feeling as soon as Dex is feeling better. We see O’Neill down in AAA and Gregorson in the bullpen.

The game went about as I thought. Low scoring with us having chances to take it. Oh well onto Wrigley.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.