StL 2019 Game 22 thread: Mon 4/22 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 22 thread: Mon 4/22 vs. Brewers

This topic contains 87 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Bob Reed 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Good sign they grabbed the lead back. This next inning will be huge for Flaherty. Will he buckle down or will he fold?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Buckle buckle buckle!!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One of these years Marcell is going to reach that glove over the fence and walla!!….rob an opposing player of a homer.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good news …. Brewers have only 3 hits tonight

Bad news…..they have all left the yard.

Cards still in command of this baby 5-4 though.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty just can’t keep the ball in the yard. James Shields 2.0.

NJ315
    Participant

What is it we giving up all these homers? The Mets yesterday and Brewers today.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Gyork pinch hitting. How about taking a high fastball to the seats?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

J.J. ( that’s “Jeremy Jeffress” to the layman ) center stage here for Milwaukee to face the St. Louis offense in the 6th.

Yadi – Hits a respectable fly ball that Cain will corral just shy of the track in right center.

Dexter – Whacks it to deep center!…Cain back to the track.. to the wall …and has it just a few feet short of Dexter’s second round tripper of the night…..and for the year for that matter. If Dexter would have consumed Wheaties this morning instead of Captain Crunch then that one might very well have left the yard….steer clear of the Crunch , Dexter!

Wong – Walks.

Gyorko- Whiffs flailing.

Cards 5
    Crew 4

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’d give my left pinky for Gant to be sitting on about 4 days of rest and to be entering this one. This game is way too close for comfort!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1-2-3 Brebbie sets them down…..now there’s a nickname….. John “1-2-3” Brebbia.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Bases loaded, no outs. Time to put up a big number. Go Marcel!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 7. Jacob Barnes fondling the rosin for Milwaukee.

Carp – Lofts a lazy pop fly to short left ….where Braun comes charging over like a raging bull towards the line and it falls a few feet inside the line for a hit and Carpenter will scoot safely into 2nd. It looked like Braun in his haste may have overrun that ball….since his glove did not touch the ball it will not be ruled an error….yes the official scorer concurs…double for Carp.

Goldy – Walks.

DeJong – Lines a base hit to right! But that ball was a hit a bit too hard as Carp will have to apply the brakes over at 3rd….bases total occupied with Birds and nobody out….sweet!

Marcell – Walks! Marcell gets the rbi the easy way as Carp comes jogging in with the Cards 6th run of the night…still no outs. It’s a beautiful thing when you’re heading for home plate and you know that nobody is coming after you ….just beautiful!

JMart – Hits a fly to straight away left and this one shouldn’t pose any difficulties for Braun….he has it, but won’t have a prayer of nailing Goldy as he will come running home with the 7th Cardinal run….7-4!

Yadi – Strokes one to short right that will fall in for a hit in front of Yelich and around 3rd comes DeJong with his sights set on home plate and he’ll score…..8-4 Cards!

AND BURNES IS HISTORY AS THE CREW WILL GO TO THEIR PEN.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice big inning so far. Dex with the chance to blow it completely open here…

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dexter may very well be the hottest player on the planet right now as he lines an rbi single to center making it 9-4 Cards and this baby is turning into a laugher!! LOL BABY ….LOL!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DEXTER FOR MAYOR!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lane Thomas now gets in on the hit parade as he drills a 2 run single to left and it’s 11-4 Good Guys…..we are getting perilously close for me requesting Shildt to call off the dogs!

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Thomas drives in two! How are we ever going to get all of these great outfielders we have into the games?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We are going to have to trade a couple of them, Euro. Hopefully for a quality starter.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy spanks a base hit and Wong will tickle home plate with the 12th Cardinal run on this extraordinary Monday evening……and I’ve seen enough! As much as I hate these Brewers this year, I am still a person of compassion…. no team should get this totally destroyed in front of thousands and thousands of people…..I hereby requestion the Cardinal skipper to call off the dogs at once!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Right now I have JMart and Fowler running 1-2 in the NL MVP vote.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

7 in the 7th has a nice ring to it. Pugs, adding a stable arm to the rotation would be nice. Leone tosses a good inning in the 8th to keep it a laugher.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha ha!!! I love it Scotty!! But you know, up until about a week ago, JMart and Dexter running 1-2 for NL MVP honors was a hilarious statement…..but not so much anymore, as those two are destroying the ball! They just may finish that way, Scotty. If so, you and only you will get credit for what they’ve done.

Now the Cards score again making it 13-4 and they’re still looking for more…..come on skipper Shildt!! Have you no mercy!!! I want those dogs called off and I want them called off now! No team except the cubbies should be battered and beaten to this degree!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At this pace the Brewers could be out of contention by next week at this time.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Has that ever been done before????? Brewers have 4 hits for the game and all of them homers. We’ll have to check with our good friends over at the esteemed Elias Sports Bureau…..and wouldn’t you know it! Braun ruins it be getting the first hit for the Crew that wasn’t a homer. Shucks I bet that had never occurred before…..4 Hits and all homers.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Give Dexter a little love. He’s now hitting .313. Hopefully he can keep it up. It would be an amazing resurgence.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years