StL 2019 Game 22 thread: Mon 4/22 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 22 thread: Mon 4/22 vs. Brewers

This topic contains 87 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Bob Reed 4 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wong doesn’t see blue, but red when facing Brewer hurlers this year….13-25 now. I’ll live or die by my motto throughout this year…….KEEP GOING AFTER YELICH!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty perfecto thru 3.

NJ315
    Participant

Few observations. I love the way Goldy runs all out. I love the new found discipline of Wong at the plate. The effort from the bullpen has been solid. Love DeJong he has become my favorite cardinal. Concerns Carp’s defense, the starting pitching but in fairness it is getting better. Really like this team, wasn’t thrilled with it but I like the way they are trending.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nicely stated NJ!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong fists a double just past Shaw and down the left field line with 2 outs….let’s stay with the action shall we?

Marcell – Gotta love players during their contract year! Marcell grounds out to Shaw at 3rd to extinguish the Cardinal threat.

Cards 1
    Crew Hitless….and a little clueless to say the least vs Mr. Flaherty this evening.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty looks untouchable this evening! Up comes Yelich….let’s stay with the action shall we?

Cain – Just whiffed

Yelich – Grounds out meekly 3-1. 11 straight set down.

Grandal- Grounds out to short and Jack has been absolutely flawless thru 4. Love to see a no-no here tonight….and it does not even have to be of the perfect variety…..just a plain good ol’ fashioned no-no.

NJ315
    Participant

Perfect thru 4

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jose pokes an opposite field hit to get the ball rolling here in the Redbird 4th. JMart 2-2 now….let’s stay with the action for a bit shall we?

Yadi – Strikes out swinging on one wide left out of the zone…from our angle.

Dexter – Launches one deep to right!…Yelich on his high horse back to the track, but take that Mr. Yelich!! Long long gone and it’s now 3-0 Good Guys!!!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Way to go, Dexter!! 3-0 Cards!

NJ315
    Participant

Even Fowler is coming around!

GACard
    Participant

Free

Dexter Fowler is on fire. I always hoped we’d be able to say that again but never truly believed it. Would love to see dex keep this up throughout the year

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Fowler’s 2019 slash line: .297/.392/.422/.814
    Fowler’s career slash line: .262/.361/.419/.779

Can’t be any complaints with that, can there?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There has been some debate recently of Fowler vs JMart. With the way they are both swinging it they both have a claim to start but since they both struggle defensively Bader needs to start in CF when he returns.

I think a platoon of Fowler and JMart in RF May be in order.

I would also say that if Bader can’t hit upon his return we should see more of O’Neill in CF when he returns.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Fowler’s HR should allow Flaherty to go even harder after the Brewers’ hitters. I like the way he hasn’t seemed to nibble as much tonight and has been more efficient. And darnit, Braun just hit a HR. Doesn’t he own Flaherty?

GACard
    Participant

Free

Goodbye perfect game no hitter and shutout

Ryan Braun comes in and once again shows that karma might not be real

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fowler is earning his keep right now. JMart is hitting.353 by the way.

Nice problem to have for Shildt.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pirates continuing to play quality ball as they lead Arizona 4-1 . And the Rays have been hitting s rocky road for the first time…..now Braun goes yard for the first Brewer hit with 1 out here in the 5th…..no problemo Jack…..keep going after these slugs….not to be confused with sluggers….though they have banged us around so far this year, but the worm has turned…..Cards are better than these guys!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“Jack” Flaherty lives up to his name again…and we are tied.

That’s two homers this inning.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Say it ain’t so Joe!!! Perez ramrods a 2 run Jack off Jack to left and this game is all knotted up at 3…..that’s ok…..we are going to drill these guys yet here tonight…..you might say that it’s in the Cards.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Wow, and just like that Flaherty falls on his face.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty needs to suck it up here. Our bullpen can’t go four innings every single night. That is not sustainable. Our pen has pitched 45% of our innings this year which is ridiculous.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

NJ315, I agree with your assessment. The team seems to be finding itself lately. Let’s hope it stands. Bummed out Wacha to IL (when they change DL to IL, anyway?!). I’ll be in the stands tomorrow night, and was hoping to see Wacha continue his domination over the Brewers. Cards have announced PDL will start tomorrow, he’ll be throwing hard, no doubt.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I so wanted a Jack no-no here tonight….but I’ll settle for an 8-5 Birds win any day of the week. 3-3 as we mossy along to the Cardinal 5th.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy bomb!! 5-3!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carp gets things cooking with a leadoff base hit to right…..let’s stay with the action here in the 5th shall we?

Goldy – Goldy pounces on a Houser offering deep to left center! Back…..It’s a goner!!! And just like that it’s 5-3 Birds!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years