StL 2019 Game 158 thread: Tue 9/24 at D-backs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 158 thread: Tue 9/24 at D-backs

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 204 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hey Pugs we’re having cube steaks and mac and cheese. Whats up for din-din tonight?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Killer din-din, Wooster! Love cube steaks if they’re not too chewy or fatty. Din-din in the Pugs household tonight consists of tuna fish sandwich (small onions and celery mingled in), shrimp cocktail (wild), homemade deviled eggs and apple pie.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Sounds like light fare. Do you catch your ,”wild” shrimp, does that mean they’re local?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Red’s lead Brewers 2-1 going to the bottom of the 2nd.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No such luck, Wooster. We have a real nice fish market at Whitney way & the beltline in Madison. Supposedly, they get it flown in daily. Are you near an ocean, Wooster?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Kinda, I live in Central Fla., My inlaws live in Sturgeon Bay,been going up your way in the summer, didn’t make it this year. I like Wisconsin in the summer. Our teams really been good lately huh? Lots of fun to watch ’em play!

jim
    Participant

Free

3 – 2 Brewers and Sonny Gary struggling…figures.

1982 willie
    Participant

got to keep on winning. Arizona is out of it now, I expect them to put out a good effort but if cards come out swinging, might get it over quickly. far as playoff rotation, there is no reason Flaherty shouldn’t be first game starter. id pitch waino third game cause that will be first game at home. Id personally go with Hudson in second game but mikolas would be ok.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Hey Pugs – what if that person I get really mad at is you? Say something to get me angry, like “Hey Bicycle Mike, now I know why they call it a toothbrush – it was invented in Wyoming!” (I am from the Equality State). “Anywhere else and it would be called a ‘teeth’ brush”.

Boy that makes me mad!!! Whoever said that can just go and be a Cub fan for a week – see how that feels!

(I really gave it to them, eh Pugs?)

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pirates have plated five in the 7th and now lead the Cubs 5-1. Runner on at 1st, still nobody out. Four errors by the Cubs tonight. They cant afford to lose any games to the Pirates.

Brewers lead the Reds 3-2 in the 9th at Cincinnati.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha! Yeah, tough to picture you being mad at anyone, even a cubbies fan. Billy Martin or Leo the Lip you are not. I think it can only be attributed to fantastic parenting, BicycleMike. Well done sir!…..wish I were just like you.

Great cubbies update, Rat. Maybe the cubbies are purposely trying to waxed by the Pirates, figuring that it would make us look bad because we couldn’t beat them by more than 1 measly run and the Pirates beat them by 5.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Reds got two runs in the 1st, then fell asleep. Got two runners in scoring position in the 9th to possibly tie, but couldn’t score. Brewers aren’t going down easily. Cards have to keep winning.

I think “Euro Dandy” is a keeper, Pugs. It’s no coincidence that after the name change the Cards made a mockery of the cubs’ fantasy to win the division — for four games at Wrigley no less — all the while wafting the sweet scent of victory every game under the noses of all the cub’s faithful in attendance — right before ripping out and stomping on the hearts of every one of them. If the Cards win the division, the name sticks for sure.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A Dexter leadoff tater is the only tally in the 1st frame by either squad. Yadi, who is looking mighty powerful these days, just got under it to leadoff the Redbird 2nd, as he hit the ball a mile high to left, but unfortunately for his team, about 12 feet shy of the outfield enclosure. Carp dunks one into short left for a base hit. DeJong walks. Bader on 2-0 wallop a monster shot to left that will sail wide left of the pole for a harmless foul. Then Harrison taps one back to Leake, who will easily throw him out at 1st as the runners move up 90 feet apiece. Flaherty pops out to 2nd base to retired the side.

Cards 1
    Snakes 0

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hey Bikemike your toothbrush joke sounds like the old joke here down south. What has 12 legs and 4 teeth? The Bama cheer leading squad!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Flahertys lookin good. Need some more base runners

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Speaking of dental jokes, this reminds me of a Foxworthy “you might be a redneck” joke. If you think Old Yeller is a movie about uncle Billy Ray’s tooth, you might be a redneck.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fingers now doubly crossed for a divisional title, ED. Yep, I have all 4 of those games this past weekend on tape. Anytime when I’m feeling a little blue, I’m popping one of those tapes in to revive my spirits. We need a name for that wondrous series….something befitting. You couldn’t really write a more frustrating script for that series for both cub players and fans. The way it played out (four 1 run defeats) was much more grueling to endure for Wrigleyville than if we had belted them around in those games. And Carlos set the tone beautifully in Game 1 by surrendering those 3 9th inning runs….what a devastating letdown for cub players and fans by not turning the tsunami of momentum into victory.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Good one Euro! You might be a redneck if you got to air up the tires to move your house!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It sure would be nice to get Flaherty a little breathing room in this game. Cards go down in order in the 3rd.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Cubs got throttled tonight.
    2. Brewers won.
    3. Nats won twice.
    4. Cards have early lead.

Magic number for Cubs elimination is now 1. Cards are still in good shape to win the division. Everything is going to plan my friends.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow Scotty…..your wish list tonight is coming to fruition very nicely. One on my list is still alive too….the Flaherty no hitter.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Hey Wooster, I’m using two TVs for the game tonight. One is for the picture and the other for the sound (I seriously remember my Dad doing that about 50 years ago).

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Everything is going to plan my friends.

That’s a good plan, Dr Evil.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wouldn’t it be nice to kick a little more sand in cubbie face this weekend by continuing the trend…..sweep them 3 straight…….all by one run…..and all 3 9th inning comebacks.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You two (ED & Wooster) are troubled souls……but I like it!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 204 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.