StL 2019 Game 143 thread: Sun 9/8 at Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 143 thread: Sun 9/8 at Pirates

This topic contains 75 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Avatar GACard 5 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Whew, got out of that one!

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

This Flaherty guy is a pretty good pitcher, 1st and 2nd, no outs and induces two potential double play balls!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s knock out big game James. 36th rounder from Duke. Reminds me a little of our Fagalde, but with a tick or 2 more on his fastball.

14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

Don’t forget that the voting has started for our top-50 prospects at

Vote here for 2020 top-50 Cardinal prospects

Everyone is welcome to join the process. Check it out.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

,3-2 on Goldy, Wong takes off run and hit, Goldy singles a gapper. Wong scores up 2-0!

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Carpenters OPS up to .716, that’s sadly a big improvement. Anytime he starts, I think he and Molina should switch spots in the order, there are a lot of righty’s in a row through the middle.

Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

Jack picked off again?????

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Flaherty goes brain dead on the bases. What else is new? With his track record this year, you think by now the guy would pay attention when he gets on base. Thankfully, he’s pitching another very good game.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey Pugs, what’s for dinner today?

My lesser half has sort of a north of the border din-din medley planned tonight, Wooster. Leading off with some Canadian appetizer cold water prawns. Then on deck she has Maple-balsamic Salmon fillets. Then it looks like some sort of rice concoction with broccoli…..then for dessert, Baked Alaska . How about you, Wooster?

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

It seems to me that in the last 2 games that Dan sounds like Jon Miller. I have never thought so before.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Pirates manager tossed for arguing balls/strikes , batter tossed right after when he strikes out in called strike

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Thats a really nice dinner Pugs, she must really love you! I was gonna cook but its really leftovers so I think we’re goin’ out for Wings and Ribeye dinner

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Flahertys made some pretty good bunts this game. Last one to wrong side though. Pirates catcher has made some risky gun downs, hes gonna miss one sooner or later. Flahertys way valuable as a pitcher. That base running stuff will come with time.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Almost impossibly, Flaherty has his ERA under 3. Fantastic pitching by the kid.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Flaherty goes a full 8 shutout innings. Plus some of his best came when runners were on base. Outstanding.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty was great again!!

Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

My lesser half has sort of a north of the border din-din medley planned tonight, Wooster. Leading off with some Canadian appetizer cold water prawns. Then on deck she has Maple-balsamic Salmon fillets. Then it looks like some sort of rice concoction with broccoli…..then for dessert, Baked Alaska . How about you, Wooster?

Except for the Alaska sounds like a nutritious meal imogi

Come on Carlos!!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty is a beast!

Nice play on the leadoff Diaz grounder by Goldy. If that same play happens last year, Diaz is standing at 1st right now…..maybe 2nd if Martinez was playing 1st.

Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

photo

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Nice close by CMart. Reds just walked it off against the snakes. Brewers up 8-3 over the cubs. Looking good.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wings & Ribeye sounds great, Wooster. I would gladly switch din-dins with you tonight. Hey Carter…..maybe you should put down the squash & seaweed sticks tonight and live a little. Have a steak or pizza!

Don’t look now, but it looks as if Carlos is evolving in to one of this game’s premier closers.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Double Carp, single Bader. Walk Wong, Double Goldy. That’s all. That was enough.

The Cubs may be 4.5 back by the end of the day. 8-3 after 7.5.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the Brewers are smelling Cubbie bear blood. Up 8-3. They will be 1 behind the Cubs with a W. And Dbacks lost on a walk off.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Couple runs, great pitching won this one! Go Cardinals!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sorry, the Brewers will be 2 behind the Cubs and 6.5 behind us with a W today.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years