StL 2019 Game 141 thread: Fri 9/6 at Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 141 thread: Fri 9/6 at Pirates

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:05 p.m. RHP Miles Mikolas (8-13, .432) vs. RHP Joe Musgrove (9-12, 4.67) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With the Cubs in Milwaukee, this series is one where the Cards could gain a little ground if they can keep up the hot play. It’s hard to predict another road sweep but Mikolas and Waino could be feeling it to continue the stellar starting pitching. Needless to say, 2 of 3 is pretty much vital to keep the pressure on Chicago.

14NyquisT
    Participant

The magic number is now at 20…. but games left (22 -STL 9 home 13 away — 23 CHC 10 home 13 away) are beginning to dwindle.

538 puts the Card’s odds of making the play-offs at 93%– division crown at 69% — and a WS win at 6&. The Cub’s numbers for the same are 78% — 31% — and 4%.

Their simulated season puts the final records at STL– 91-71 and CHC–89-73.

Let’s hope that these numbers hold up.

Musgrove’s ERA has been trending up in his last 7 games. Post All-Star game = 5.60. August = 6.27
    His performance vs. STL 2019
    May 9 Loss at STL 17-4 — 3.0inn. 8 ER
    July 15 Loss at STL 7-0 — 4.2inn 4 ER
    July 25 Loss at PIT 6-3 — 5.0inn 5 ER
    Aug 10 Loss at STL 3-1 — 5.1inn 3 ER
    On the season vs. STL 0-4 18inn 20 ER
    Note: He was part of that trade that sent Cole to HOU.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs might be catching the Brewers at just the right time. They are starting to fade and by Sunday evening might pretty well be out of both the NL Central race and the Wild Card race.

Lets hope the Padres can give the Cubs all they can handle next week during that four game series in San Diego.

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hopefully the offense can stay hot against the new guy.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Alex McRae? Hmmm…the Cards are often shut down by young arms we have not seen before. What’s the 411 on this guy?

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals seem to think a young inexperienced pitcher is named Alexander, Feller, Grove, Johnson (Walter if a righty, Randy if a lefty) or Mathewson.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

As long as Pittsburgh isn’t starting Howard Ehmke.

Ring a bell, Bike Mike?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mcraes numbers don’t look impressive. Either minors or MLB. I sure hope we didn’t need to save some runs from yesterday.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like the regular lineup tonight.

D Fowler (S) RF
    K Wong (L) 2B
    P Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    M Ozuna (R) LF
    P DeJong (R) SS
    Y Molina (R) C
    T Edman (S) 3B
    H Bader (R) CF
    M Mikolas (R) P

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Best line-up!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Close to the best, GameCard. I would flip flop Dexter and Edman. Except Yadi, that’s an Olympic relay team full of speed that Shildt is trotting out there. Heck, when push comes to shove, even Mikolas can pick them up and lay them down when called to do so. This McRae (no relation to Hal) kid can pitch. I look for a relatively low scoring affair this evening. Let’s call it 4-3 Birds with “Bad Boy” Bader ramrodding a long one into the upper pavilion in left.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

This McRae (no relation to Hal) kid can pitch. I look for a relatively low scoring affair this evening. Let’s call it 4-3 Birds with “Bad Boy” Bader ramrodding a long one into the upper pavilion in left

Pugs, where do you get your crystal balls? I see Harry going 1 for 3 with a walk or HBP. As to McRae he’s only appeared in 6 games this year….the only game he did’nt give up any runs? the one against the cardinals

Small sample…just sayin’ BTW I agree Tommy should be leading off or 2nd. He and Wong are smacking dbls and triples like a mo-fo

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs, where do you get your crystal balls?

Thank you…..thank you very much, Carter. This McRae kid is no slouch. He’ll go 5…..maybe 6 innings strong tonight, but we’ll touch him up for just enough runs to earn us the “W”. What’s on tap for did-din? Well, here in Wisconsin, it’s all but a misdemeanor to eat anything other than fish on a Friday night. So slap the cuffs on me, as it’s a thin pizza from “Glass Nickel Pizza”…..double cheese, onion and sausage. We’ll mingle in some garlic bread and fried mushrooms and call it a wrap.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Pugs, I hate to tell you but that meal gets a C minus.Garlic ruined by bread, pizza ruined by gluten crust & sausage. Fungus ruined by frying and NO Vegetables!

Give you my usual meals with only slight variations:

Breakfast: spinach omelette, dry heated, not fried. Grapefruit.

Lunch: Salad of avocado, tomato, artichoke heart, raw mushrooms and Vinegar.

Dinner: Black and long grain rice, broccoli (steamed) and baked turkey breast.

What grade do you give this Pugs?

What the hey, Ozuna? Ain’t had a single hit since that GWHR days ago!

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

WOW! Is Tommy E for real??? imoji

GameCard
    Participant

Free

One of my favorite players to come along in a while.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

It’s OK to walk Josh Bell 4 times.

Nice play, Pauly!

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

We had not had a starter yield an earned run in four days until the third. No fifth day in a row.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Goldys been makin’ some nifty defense plays lately

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hey Pugs, breaded chicken breast fried, on pene pasta/ topped w tomatoe sauce and melted cheese w/ grated parmesan. Carter must be on a healthy diet. I tried it once but I ended up getting hungry!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Pirates woke up, time to get some more runs!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What grade do you give this Pugs?

Have to give you an I (Incomplete), Carter, because you’re missing some of the finer delicacies in life, such as red meat, potatoes, white bread and of course your desserts like Rat’s Klondike bars and chocolate milk shakes. Just pulling into the garage……hopefully you gents have enough room for one more game threader.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Howard Ehmke. Nice call Rat! Ironically I recently finished a SABR book about the 1929 Cubs.

I never like it when home teams where the colored jerseys. Those should be road-only attire.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I think its that Pittsburg Steelers bad boy thing.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.