StL 2019 Game 141 thread: Fri 9/6 at Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 141 thread: Fri 9/6 at Pirates

This topic contains 118 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Wooster 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just like Wednesday. A complete implosion by the defense and bullpen.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like the Cards are going to lose the gimme game. I don’t care how good the offense has been…there are some tired players out there that need to sit a game or two. Dejong is candidate #1.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh my….we are suddenly getting drilled! This all started when this Chinese chain poster started his dirty deed here at the Cardinal Nation.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, they are just pounding us now. I believe that is nine runs so far after the two DeJomg brain cramps. Might cost us two games, which is huge in this close divisional race.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Six runs!? Our bullpen really looked great in that inning.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Everybody that pitched in that inning got a spanking!

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Wow, the Cards have totally melted down just like two games ago after a DeJong mistake — against two teams that you really need to beat. His mistakes (even one in previous series against the Reds by throwing to the wrong base that cost a run) are because he is losing focus on where he is going with the ball after he fields it. He needs to do a reset and get his head on right in the field.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

In fairness to the pen, this game and against the Giants they would not have given up any runs in those innings if DeJong had made the plays. Teams score a lot more runs when they get four outs.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Get on Yadi….. Edman would represent the tying run.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Pugs what is that chinese stuff?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This could be a MAMMOTH night for Edman if he comes through here…..Bucs changing hurlers.

Jbcardsr1
    Participant

Free

Wtf is DeJong doing? Those who aren’t in FoxMidwest area can’t see and who don’t have MLB ticket. This is maddening and losing games like these will put them in the wild card. Thanks…

colhusker
    colhusker
    Participant

Free

Dang swung at a bad pitch

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs what is this Chinese stuff?

Not sure, Wooster. He swings on by every blue moon and raises absolute havoc with our board….I wish he would meander on over to the cubbies bored. As yet, Brian has not been able to apprehend this Chinese chain poster. I do have to give the dude credit though as he sure has cajonas….if Trump gets wind of what he’s doing to our board, he’ll hit those guys up with a hefty additional tariff.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

DeJong is obviously thinking too much out there. On a ball like the one Marte hit up the middle where all of your momentum is going towards first base, you should not even consider going to second, especially with two outs.

colhusker
    colhusker
    Participant

Free

Bullpen uncharacteristically bad tonight. Boy one botched play has been costly.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Are these the hints some threw out about a tired pen down the stretch earlier in the season.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Probably workin for the Cubs trying to infiltrate Cardinal Nation. Don’t have any Chinese players this year to search him out! Not our night I guess.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Turning into a rout. I guess the Pirates were due to beat us in their park. Need these next two though.

GACard
    Participant

Free

This kinda feels like a bad omen. The bullpen has been looking so worn down

I really hope I’m wrong

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Look at the bright spot…..we knocked another game off our magic number, plus another day off the September calander.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The bullpen is good…but they are not invincible. Nights like tonight will happen but the defense needs to show up and make the plays behind them. Just no excuse to lose tonight’s game against what might be the single worst pitcher in MLB. Sosa should start tomorrow or if they insist on having Edman in, play him at SS.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Ralley!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As long as the cubbies don’t come storming back.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Go Cardinals! Rally!

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 119 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years