StL 2019 Game 140 thread: Thu 9/5 vs. Giants

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 140 thread: Thu 9/5 vs. Giants

This topic contains 67 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Cardinals27 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:15 p.m. RHP Dakota Hudson (14-6, 3.53) vs. RHP Logan Webb (1-0, 3.52) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Wasn’t all that reasonable to expect a four game sweep of the Giants. They are a decent team this year. Just hate to lose this one on a totally bone-headed idiotic mistake though.

Tomorrow is a MUST win in my opinion. I’ll be able to watch the first 2-3 innings before I head to the Amish restaurant and have my late lunch.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One big question looms for me concerning today’s huge ballgame vs these pesky Giants. One which I’m sure lays heavy on Brian’s, Scotty’s, UCONN’s, Euro’s, Wooster’s CardinalinFrance’s, stlcard25’s, heck all of our minds. Instead of missing most of the game by having lunch at your favorite Amish restaurant, why not just venture out there this morning for breakfast instead, enabling you to catch all of the action today, Rat???

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fresh RHP alert…the Cards will be thankful to score more than 2 runs. I’d like to see days off for Fowler and Dejong at the very least, and probably Bader too. O’Neill and Arozarena could use a start, but I’m sure Shildt will put Jmart out in RF it it’s not Dexter.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hudson has been getting better and better. Hope we get lots more but only 2 runs may be enough.Should be a nice day here and I’m up for a day game Pugs. I will have breakfast though and it will be the whole deal. Don’t have Amish here but lots of Southern Style home cookin’ !

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree Pugs. Rat needs to be front and center ready to go the distance at 12:15.

Does the Amish place have biscuits and gravy Rat? That should tide you over until game time then you can have a couple of Klondike bars during the game.

I just had my breakfast burrito and I am ready to go. We need to get the win today. The lineup choice from Shildt will be interesting.

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Line-up is:
    Edman RF
    Wong 2B
    Goldschmidt 1B
    Ozuna LF
    DeJong SS
    Molina C
    Carpenter 3B
    Arozarena CF
    Hudson P
    Interesting line-up…I like it.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<Rats wrote: Wasn’t all that reasonable to expect a four game sweep of the Giants. They are a decent team this year. Just hate to lose this one on a totally bone-headed idiotic mistake though.>

As much as I dislike Danny Mac, I have to agree with him on the call that the 2B Ump was in his line of sight to 1B at least momentarily and think he made a split decision to go to 2B but Kolten had already overrun the bag. Posey would have been out and the batter wasn’t really flying to 1B. I chalk it up to just one of those baseball things. DeJong has given us plenty of defense this season to allow him the benefit of the doubt. He is still gold glove in my book.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nobody complained about the homer DeJong knocked last night. Baseball has a way of leveling things out. They say its a game of inches but I think that umps belly stickin out in the way was more like a foot

Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

The worst move last night was of course Carp replacing the pistol hot Edman (or Carp replacing anyone)

Bullpen game a total fail. Guess again, Mo’

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well, I just finished making a guinea hen pot pie and popped it in the oven while wifey puts the finishing touches on the salad. I may have to leave her alone at the table while I take my plate in front of the screen.

We really need to win this game, as much for psychological reasons as for the standings.

Rah Cardinals.

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

You are blaming Mo for the bullpen not executing? Do you praise him when they do like they do most of the time?

Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

You are blaming Mo for the bullpen not executing? Do you praise him when they do like they do most of the time?

I blame him for pretty much everything since he talked De Whit into naming MMM the puppet manager.

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Tommy Edman is fun to watch.

Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

Tommy Edman is fun to watch.

Gamey, you said it!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Off to a great start
    Goldy rbi’s Edmans double. De Jong homers in Goldy. Up 3-1 Cardinals! We got an early lead!

Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

C’mon, Tim! What’s a dry spitter???

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson staked to a nice little lead, but now struggling. Two on, one out for the Giants.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hudsons looking good. A little nervous with a couple guys on. Just needs to keep the ball down low.

GACard
    Participant

Free

I was wrong on Edman. I never disliked him but didn’t see him as a regular. That’s why I’m not making the decisions!

Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

Tommy could be the next great flash ‘o the pan. We’ve had many.

Carter
    Carter
    Participant

Free

LOL they gave Carp a hit?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yadi slaps a high outside 3-2 pitch to left field and an rbi- 4-0 Cardinals! Goldy scores on a muffed easy grounder to first by Carp. 5-0 Cardinals.Walked Azonerena bases loaded!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice hustle in the 3rd there by Carp to extend the inning. Can Hudson help his own cause? Yes he can! 7-0 Cards!!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Hey guys, this is fun.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years