StL 2019 Game 139 thread: Wed 9/4 vs. Giants

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 139 thread: Wed 9/4 vs. Giants

This topic contains 92 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 76 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yah Wongs out

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

too bad the Giants got the overturn. Three times tonight, Wong has moved a runner to third. Goldy has been good with it tonight so far. Ouch.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

That was a lame swing by Goldy

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If we hold them scoreless in the top of the ninth I like our chances in the bottom half to win it.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Some uncharacteristic play from the team tonight. It’s been frustrating to say the least

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rally time here in the ninth.

GACard
    Participant

Free

I haven’t been so frustrated by a game in a while. It’s not the loss but just the way it happened. That’s what happens sometimes with a stretch of so many games in a row

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Giants at home is one of the Cards’ best matchups of the remaining schedule. Hurts to give one away like that to that team. Better rebound quickly to win the series.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

The dinger was the difference. That pitch was right downtown. I’ve seen Galegos and others do it before. First batter when they get put in a game. He may have walked the first guy though don’t remember. Still like how we contended all the way to the last out. Team looks scrappy and thats what its gonna take. Got division games coming up and bull pens got to get it going again. Close game, fun to watch all those hits. Just didn’t come out on top. Go Cardinals. Oh yeah, everybody gets tired- go to bed early.

Jbcardsr1
    Participant

Free

Bader sux and has been time to move on from this guy, scrappy and a sub but not a starter. Come on Moz, don’t inhibit this team’s potential, we already know you are mediocre. Don’t wet the bed…

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

rough loss but those happen. had some good things happen. you cant win em all. come back at it tomorrow.

Jbcardsr1
    Participant

Free

Tommy Pham > Bader since it’s “all in 2]19″… Moz special

Jbcardsr1
    Participant

Free

And always great to have a “bull pen day” (isn’t that every day) play up to standards. Get another starter for the next month Moz, season isn’t over…

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Listen to Jbcsrdsr1, Mo. May I be the first to welcome our estee….may I be the first to welcome our new friend.

Disappointing setback indeed. There has to be a huge rebound coming this afternoon. Today’s game should not even be close, considering the circumstances. If these Giants stay within 5 runs of us today, trust me when I say that I will not be a happy camper.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Last night’s game reminded me of a team desperately in need of a rest. It was just a sloppy game. To be fair, Wacha vs Bumgarner was a mismatch from the start so I guess losing wasn’t unexpected. The type of loss certainly stings though. Hopefully the Cards can finish off the series in style today.

14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

Very disappointing loss… this one slipped away. Maybe the team will be so angry to feel this loss that they’ll try harder to avoid the same feeling.

Lead down to 2.5…. magic number stays at 21.

While we finish off this series with SF and head into PIT, Cubs go up to MIL for four games. Hopefully by Sunday our lead will be extended and four more games will have been played. We could easily be up 4.5 games before heading to COL after the off day Monday. CHC goes to SD for four.

Let’s see if the Brew Crew can help us out.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Jbcardsr1 – What rock have you been hiding under?

Good game but wrong team won. Losing team had more than one chance to win.

Wacha vs Madbum wasn’t so bad. I was not impressed with Madbum the one for whom many here would trade the entire team. He does well to stay with SF where his fans are but with a 9-8 record he looked kinda pedestrian.

Goldy – can’t leave a guy on 3B when ball 4 arrives. I luv ya guy but that’s gotta stop – and you were having a darned nice evening otherwise.

Harry’s Son: I knew you were doomed when Danny Mac said the guy had thrown 9 straight sliders. But you seem to be reverting to the old version of Harry’s son. Don’t take to heart what that creep Jbcardsr1 said about you. He couldn’t catch flys in a fish net.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong’s defensive brain lapse was indicative of the whole game. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy…..I agree that we looked tired but we have to play through it. We can rest on Monday. Really need to win today. Can’t settle for a split against a non-playoff team.

Viewing 18 posts - 76 through 93 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinalsā„¢ and their minor league system for 20 years