StL 2019 Game 139 thread: Wed 9/4 vs. Giants

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 139 thread: Wed 9/4 vs. Giants

This topic contains 92 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs?

Now that I have my machine to make me chocolate shakes I think the next purchase should be a Snow Cone machine. A cherry snow cone, or grape – yummy!

r/Esteemed Rat

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Beautiful recovery by Wacha. Two Ks and a groundout get him out of the inning.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Chocalate milk shake machine sounds great!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Pugs dinner was by Taco Bell tonight- taco salad and bean burrito for regularity!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Webb looks terrible tonight. 2-0 Giants.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards are getting BABIPed to death tonight…everything just under or over the glove.

forsch31
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I guess the plan for the bullpen game is not paying off, so far.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Webb is fools gold. Dude is a ticking timebomb!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Chocolate shake machine sounds great!

It sure does, Wooster. And for good measure, Rat just doesn’t have any shake/malt machine…..its one of those heavy metal ones that we used to have as kids. And now Rat is contemplating a snow cone machine to boot! Tell you what, Rat; if you buy that pitching machine too that you’ve been eyeing, them I’m inviting myself to your place the next time the wifey takes off on another one of her whirlwind weekends with her mommy and sisters. We’ll go visit the places where they filmed the movie “Hoosiers”, then drink Wild Turkey all the way back to your place where we’ll attack the pitching machine and hopefully take out a few of your neighbors windows in the process. Then it’s over to your friendly neighborhood Amish restaurant to pester the waitresses and try some of their world renowned cherry pie. Then it’s back to Rat’s house for a Barnaby Jones-Perry Mason marathon while indulging in snow cones and chocolate shakes aplenty.

Nice choice with the Taco Bell, Wooster. I like their items too, but usually use my own salsa.

Go Birds!

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

I know it sounds like second guessing now but I don’t understand why we needed to do a bullpen game. seems like we could have brought someone up to start. may have worked out same way, but we will never know.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

bader needs to learn how to hit the ball to the right places to move guys over. of course with the pitcher batting, maybe best to try to score him himself, I just feel moving the guys over is what you should always do especially with 2 strikes.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

No outs always move em over, keeps you out of double play, why I love steals too.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna swings at ball 4…watches strike 3 go by. Sigh

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Pugs I got to take a nap before the Amish resturant. You guys just got too much energy to do a day like that, Sheesh!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Of course Dejong hits the solo HR after Marcell wouldn’t take the walk. Still…4-2 and the Cards are creeping back.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Need for our pitching to hold them so we can get back in it. Helsley did good last inning.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Webb is fools gold. Dude is a ticking timebomb!

I used to think that, but have become more optimistic about him over the last few weeks. Tonight, however, didn’t look good. I will say that it didn’t help Webb when the ump failed to notice Yastrzemski struck out before he hit the home run and DeJong should’ve caught the line drive after that.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Really sloppy play tonight in a few instances. Most especially by Dejong, but Wong had one too with a chance to get the double play.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

That was some slop between the 2 Giants outfielders. Tied 4-4

GACard
    Participant

Free

WOW

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Welp, that brain fart is totally on Dejong. Giants get the 3 run homer and the lead.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The stupidest, most pathetic, biggest bone-head play in the history of the game. Thank you DeJong.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

That 3 run dinger was just what we not needed

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Molina doubles!

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Well, that is a bit of an over-reaction Rat. There have been worse – the “Bonehead” Fred Merkle play in 1908 that cost the Giants the pennant, the Billy Buckner error in 1986 that cost the Red Sox the pennant, the Bartman/Alou mess-up in 2003 that may have cost the Cubs a pennant.

Still, that was about as bad of a screw-up as I have seen in awhile.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinalsā„¢ and their minor league system for 20 years