StL 2019 Game 127 thread: Thu 8/22 vs. Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 127 thread: Thu 8/22 vs. Rockies

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m. RHP Miles Mikolas (7-13, 4.30) vs. RHP German Márquez (12-5, 4.71) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX // WIJR

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like German Marquez is the Rockies’ starter tonight. I recall him shutting us down before. It would be nice to get off to a good start in the series.

From this point forward, the Cards have 21 home dates and 16 road games. They get the Rockies, Reds, Giants, Brewers, Nats and Cubs at Busch, with road series at Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Colorado, Chicago and Arizona.

The Cubs have 19 home games and 17 road games left. They have series left at home with the Cards, Nats, Reds, and Brewers. They have five games left at home with the Mariners and Pirates, which should be a 4-1 stretch or better for them. Tough road series include the Mets, Brewers and Cards with other series at the Padres and Pirates.

The Cubs may continue to struggle on the road so it would help if the Cards could take some of those road series and win 2/3 of the home games. I think 89-90 wins would do it, which would mean 14-7 at home and 8-8 on the road. The Cubs road schedule doesn’t look easy so they could easily go 8-9 or 7-10, which would mean they’d have to go 13-6 or 14-5 in their home slate to get 89 wins.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

I am still ticked about that rain shortened game. The Brewers would have probably been using Hader but he has blown 5 saves lately so nothing was for sure with him. But the Brewers come back to St Louis in the middle of September and that game could be finished then. Yeah I know the same drama would not exist but it is a game that affects the pennant and should have been finished. Rain persisted in the area so maybe it could not be finished last night but it is a game with an impact that MLB blew the whistle on.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Cards are staying home for the Rox and Brewers have an of day today. We got gypped. Is there anyone from St Louis that would know when play could have resumed because this is baffling me.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

How long was the rain delay before the game was called?

14NyquisT
    Participant

Rats… another good question. WTF.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

The rain delay was one hour and six minutes. Evidently they did not expect a letup in rain activity for several hours.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Technically the umps or league went by the rules but it still stinks. Given the huge ramifications of the game they should have been willing to stay all night. If it were in April or May then different story.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Speaking of rain, it looks like St. Louis might be getting some more today. Here in SW Indiana we had almost two inches of rain late last night and early this morning along with lightning and thunder.

Any chance this game is delayed or rained out?

The Giants and Cubs play this afternoon so we will know the outcome at 1st pitch tonight. I think we all know who will win the game at Wrigley today though.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~~who is going to go mow in a few minutes

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Leone has been good since going to Memphis. I still don’t really trust him. We’ll see ya again before long, Junior.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs with the 1-0 lead on the Giants in the home half of the 6th.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs still maintaining their 1-0 lead as they head to the home half of the 8th. One last chance for the Giants.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Darn! Cubs held to two hits and they still win.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Geez, why don’t we wait until Memphis is done and then recall Leone. He seems like a AAAA guy that can’t pitch with the game on the line. I like the way Fernandez got out of the jam he put himself in. If this is for a fresh arm, then I get it. If not, we are not improved.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

My understanding is that its for the fresh arm. Fernandez threw 41 pitches last night and probably wouldn’t have been available until Saturday.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks a lot for the effort, Giants. Not.

They’d better lay down and let the Cards sweep them in September as payback.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BHC said:

Bad look for the Astros and Justin Verlander comes off as a baby.

https://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/Astros-Justin-Verlander-talks-ban-Detroit-reporter-14370485.php?utm_campaign=CMS%20Sharing%20Tools%20(Desktop)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

The Astros doubled down by defending their action via a public statement and insisting Verlander did not ask to keep the Detroit writer out. One of the local Houston writers appears to have taken it hook, line and sinker.

Fortunately for him, the Detroit writer is a member of the BBWAA, so they will push his case and will undoubtedly win some kind of concession from the Astros. Without that card, his access would be at the whim of the team.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

I am amazed at the nonsense that the Astros think the rest of us will believe.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Maybe this topic deserves its own thread but its ridiculous they are trying to say JV had nothing to do with what happened when his own tweets are a clear indication of guilt.

Astros Block Clubhouse Entrance

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Just fine with me if you want to start a separate thread.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Lineup looks good for tonight! 7-3 Cards in 8.5 innings. And I predict Goldy slept well, gets out of his funk and hits a bomb to left center.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.