StL 2019 Game 124 thread: Mon 8/19 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 124 thread: Mon 8/19 vs. Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Ny, the Cards need to have your attitude. That’s what it’ll take.

I think some people don’t feel so good about Wrigley because the Cards are 5-20 there the last three seasons. The Cards’ advantage at home over the cubs during the same time period is not as big, 15-11. And the cubs’ crazy home-away split this year adds to the feeling. That needs to change.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Tonight’s lineup is brought to you by Maytag – Wash, rinse, repeat…

1. Dexter Fowler (S) CF
    2. Tommy Edman (S) RF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Marcell Ozuna (R) LF
    5. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    6. Matt Carpenter (L) 3B
    7. Yadier Molina (R) C
    8. Kolten Wong (L) 2B
    9. Dakota Hudson (R) P

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I tend to think the Cubs need a cushion coming into St. Louis for the last series of the year. If they don’t have a lead they will not win the division.

Well if they have a 4 game lead coming into Busch it is a moot point, which is why we need to pack our spines when we go to Wrigley.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hell I’m not conceding any away to the Cubs. Some talk about CHC as if the walk on water in Wrigley. They’ll be the ones hitting the links in Oct.

I am not conceding either but they are 41-19 at Wrigley so we better show up for war when we get there instead of our usual roll over and die.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lane Thomas now has a nickname, “Sunday”, because that is basically the only day he starts.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Once again lets bet utterly STUPID and start Carp at 3b and put a IF in the OF when the Cards have better options….god our manager is a clueless fool!

GameCard
    Participant

Free

No, he is not…quiet good actually.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

No he is a clueless fool

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Obviously, he is not. Got a mirror?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like Edman. I’m on record as saying that he’s good enough that I’d explore trading Wong this offseason. But I’m not a fan of the RF experience. I’d let Carpenter have this home stand to figure out his hitting woes and if he can’t, he becomes a platoon player with Edman.

Then again, I’d rather have Edman in RF than Jose Martinez.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thomas has 11 rbi’s in 30 at bats. Pretty good for a bench warmer.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As long as we win Shildt can start Molina in CF for all I care.

But as a practical matter I would prefer to see Edman at 3B and Thomas or Randy in the OF.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Quiet first inning. Both big boppers got walks. Goldy & Yellich

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Carp drops one behind 2nd base for first hit. Yadi hits next one 10 ft short of wall caught for out. No score, Hudson lookin good

1982 willie
    Participant

well here we have edman in outfield again. schildt needs to grow a pair, sit carpenter, play edman at third, better outfielder out in the field. its a win win all around far as offense and defense. yea we are winning though going 2-2 vs the reds isn’t really winning. its the problem with winning but not really winning. if we by chance sneak into the playoffs, we better pretty much win it all. cause if we get put out early, they will just say hey we made the playoffs, mission accomplished, now with just a little luck we can go even further next year. but oh sell. some people are satisfied with ok.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cy Davies has us tied in knots thru 3 frames…..no score.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just arrived back from din-din to see this thread as quiet as a mouse…..Pugs is in the house now….let’s hear a little chatter

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yelich walks yet again to lead off the Brewer 4th…..and I don’t like it.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hey Pugs, what did you have for dinner?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Would you rather have Yelich keep hitting home runs? I like that they apparently aren’t going to let him beat them.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah they’re pitchin around Goldy too. That means Ozuna or Moustakas will have to break it open. Don’t know who will be first. Both pitchers are good tonight

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Pugs you still out there?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m all for this new extended netting to keep the kiddies safe, but it’s going to cost we fans some nice foul ball opportunities. When I go to a game, I’m totally zeroed in on catching one because I have never conquered that particular feat. I bet I’ve gone to over 1000 games. As a small child, my mother would drop me ( you could do that in those days ) and a friend off at Milwaukee County stadium all summer long and still no foul balls caught. The closest I ever came to getting a real ML ball was from Luis Tiant who was warming up one summer evening out in the outfield Boston bullpen. My buddie and I begged like crazy for Luis to flip us a ball, but he acted like he didn’t understand what we were saying. Then just as he was getting the call to enter the game, he took a couple quick strides towards us and started to underhand the ball towards us….it was absolute heaven!…..but he stiffed us….faked like he was going to toss us the ball and instead just rolled the ball over to where his bullpen catcher was squatting. To this day I hate that man…..I wonder if he’s even still alive? I’ll Google him….but wish I could punch him!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sorry Wooster…..wifey made me watch a few minutes of Bachelor In Paradise with her. I went to Red Robin with the wifey and Granddaughter. Had a hamburger, fries. You?

Yeah Brian, I want to after Yelich…Hudson can take him!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.