StL 2019 Game 123 thread: Sun 8/18 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 123 thread: Sun 8/18 at Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:10 p.m. RHP Jack Flaherty (5-6, 3.72+) vs. LHP Alex Wood (1-0, 5.65+) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well, in preparation for our 7-1 win today I’m going to sit down to an early din-din of good ol’ roast beef and Yorkshire pudding with baked potatoes and snap beans cooked with butter and onions. Perhaps I’ll top it off with a bit of Hagen Daz vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup as I watch Flaherty notch a dozen Ks to shoo us out of Cincy with a split. Wouldn’t mind a post-game Klondike bar but they just don’t sell the darned things here.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

OK. So,we are facing a left-handed pitcher.

Against left-handed starters:
    Wong 343

On the road:
    Wong 312

So, we platoon Wong?

GameCard
    Participant

Free

We haven’t been platooning Wong against lefties…we are just not playing him today.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Arozarena is the new Thomas?

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Shildt just can’t quit Carpenter.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

He hit a HR yesterday…they want him to get hot. I do too.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Glad Flaherty is pitching tonight. Lets score some runs and win this one. Don’t know who those guys were last night. Must have been the same guys that dropped that last game in L.A.e

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Fletcher is due. By that I mean he is DUE to have a BAD outing. I expect this one to go the Reds way with Aristotle Onassis another dong.

Din-Din today is about the same as yesterday. Sausage patties in the air fryer, corn otc, green beans with bacon and onions, a chocolate shake in my new mixer, and then a cigar. The feast will commence around the time of the first pitch today.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wong should play every single day. There is absolutely no reason for him not to.

Lunch today for me is an organic sausage breakfast burrito from the health food store, organic avocado sea salt and black pepper potato chips, a banana, a slice of organic pumpkin bread, and a tall glass of diet mountain dew. This organic food store down the street is the bomb.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

All players get a day off.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tell that to Cal Ripken.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sweet sweet din-din’s on tap today for both the Esteemed Rat and CardinalinFrance! Rat needs to airmail a case of Klondikes CardinalinFrance’s way. Talk about a crying shame…..one can get Klondikes in Indiana, but not in the south of France. I just asked the wifey if she could concoct some snap peas today like the ones that CardinalinFrance will be feasting on. She said we could have peas, but we are out of snap peas……whatever a snap pea is??? Speaking of “snap”; That is exactly what our Ace will do today….snap our little losing streak. I’m calling this one 8-3 Birds with Sir Edman Hillary ralphing a long one to left, much to the dismay of the Cinncinati faithful.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ve got a similar bad feeling to Rats about Flaherty. I hope I’m wrong but I sense an off day coming for Jack. I’m hesitant to call this one 6-4 Reds.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Carpenter in the two hole vs a lefty? WHY???

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman leads things off with a single and then Carpenter and Goldy K. It’s about fundamental baseball.

Ozuna gets new life when the Reds can’t catch his foul ball. Edman gets the steal of 2B. Marcell Ks.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There’s Suarez with his usual antics. I can’t stand that guy. 1-0 Reds

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Good to see Edman and Thomas banging the ball early. Keep it up guys.

By the way Pugs, tell wifey it’s snap beans, not peas. You know, those long green things you have to snap the ends off of before cooking.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Wondering about Carp batting 2nd myself. Lefty will have trouble pitching him inside without hitting him. If he hits the ball won’t be able to pull it to right field, probably more towards center. So is that the plan? Somebody needs to get some rbi’s! How does Wong do against Lhp?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy goes deep, 2-1 Cards

Wooster
    Participant

Free

YOWZA!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Ozuna has got to quit swinging at pitches below the strike zone.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hey Pugs, I went to Olive Garden & had salad. Chicken Gnocci Soup and lots of bread sticks, yum, yum!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I don’t know why some of you guys are so down on Edman. I love this kid, Three for three so far today.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

What Molina just did is disgusting. He owes an apology to every coach and player on the team.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.