StL 2019 Game 119 thread: Wed 8/14 at Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 119 thread: Wed 8/14 at Royals

This topic contains 85 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Avatar CardsFanInChiTown 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 76 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

So I guess the “Game” in GameCard comes from Gamecocks? If so, did the baseball program there drop a notch when Tanner moved up to AD?

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One out to go and Cuthbert is your batter. Junior fools him with a slider, followed by a change. Will he get the K to finish it off?? The count runs full…and he Ks him!! 6-0 Cards and we’re back in first place!

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Fernandez make it look easy to close it out.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

6 run outburst.

Will we get 12 combined in the 4 gamer in Cinci?

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Two great wins in a row with great pitching. We did NOT need to chase after pitching.

I preferred having everyone see that you can win by hitting single after single. You don’t need to swing for the fences and strike out. There was no big blow in a five-run inning. Just hit them where they “ain’t.” (Paul Waner?)

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Yes, GameCard refers to the Gamecocks and the Cardinals…I have been a season ticket holder at Carolina for a number of years.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

While the rotation is a long term question mark, the bullpen could certainly be a strength going forward with Gallegos, Gant, Brebbia, Miller, Hicks, Fernandez, etc. Throw in a guy like Ponce if he isn’t needed to start and you could have a lethal end of game combo. If there was another good lefty (maybe Webb can take a step forward) then it becomes lights out after the 5th-6th innings.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Just hit them where they “ain’t.” (Paul Waner?)

Wee Willie Keeler I’m pretty sure.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We are tied with the Cubs again. We need to move ahead of them by a couple of games this weekend before they go back to Wrigley next week for several wins in a row. They have to be the most schizophrenic team in baseball. Can’t win on the road but can’t lose at home.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Let’s see if we can make sense of this. We have a hitter who has been hitting 388 since the All-Star break (31 for 80). at a to,e when a lot of people are in slumps. Yet, tonight, he scored for the first time since July 28 because nobody behind him is hitting anything. You think we might try Wong at #1 or #2? Has walked seven times as well. Total Ks since the break? 11.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Diz, I’ve been begging for the same thing… Edman at 2 Wong at 8 makes zero sense. Hopefully Schildt ends his affair with Edman.

Viewing 11 posts - 76 through 86 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years