StL 2019 Game 119 thread: Wed 8/14 at Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 119 thread: Wed 8/14 at Royals

This topic contains 85 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Avatar CardsFanInChiTown 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We won’t let you down, Euro. EVERYTHING points <^> to St. Louis unleashing an impressive offensive barrage this evening. At the risk of coming across cocky, I think we can safely bet the ranch on this occurring.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Since Carlson is 20 years old, he must have still been in the cradle when that happened. Where am I going wrong on this line of thinking?

Dylan was drafted (comp pick from Lackey QO) as a 17 y/o senior 3 years ago. 17+3=20. Busted by the math police this time.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by EuroWolf EuroWolf.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by EuroWolf EuroWolf.
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now all I need are some good recipes for chocolate shakes.

Remember those large metal blenders when we were kids? You’d pour in the milk and either chocolate or vanilla ice cream and then blend away. The contraption was noisy as heck, but boy they made one whale of a shake! I wonder if it’s possible to find one of those metal blenders? Or maybe they just tasted so good because we were kids?

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs? I looked for those online. They have a lot of similar ones out there so I bought one from Amazon.

And the Cubs now trail the Phillies 10-0. Realmuto a grand slam.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Better not rain in Philly! Unfortunately, it’s been raining bullets in the City of Brotherly Love today….let’s not add any precipitation to that.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We are getting no hit thru 2. Not to worry though, as the bats will be a booming soon here.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Who in the heck is Bubba Sterling? Like him though as he bounds into the 6-4-3 twin killing.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

DeJong is 3 for 24 in the last seven games.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This B. Keller is starting to resemble B. Feller on the hill.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Arozarena first ML at bat….sports the #66 on his red & white jersey….wasn’t that Ray Nitzke’s number? Randy whiffs.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This offense needs to get going. Depressing! Royals walk two hitters and the Cards cannot capitalize

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Avatar 1964cards.
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cy Keller yields two 3rd inning free passes, but nothing else. His no-no is still intact.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards hit fastballs well. Keller throws a ton of fastballs. So naturally, Keller is no hitting them through 4.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

That takes me back to those wonderful younger days Rat, when I would make a homemade chocolate malt using my parent’s blender. All I did was use vanilla ice cream, some chocolate malted that was available in most any grocery store, a little vanilla, and some milk. Crank that baby on and pour a delicious chocolate malt in about 40 seconds. My sister always put an egg in her shakes, but I never did that. Think it does help them be a bit more thick.

Thinking about Cabrera, I think he could be a real good one. Like any pitcher, he needs to learn command. I think the mantra these days for pitching is simply throw hard and leave it at that. But location and changing speeds is the key to effective pitching. Great to have top-tier speed, but not an absolute must if you can place the ball and make it bend, plus consistently vary the speed.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Time to get the offense rolling!

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Time to get the offense rolling!

That would be nice. Or at least to a semi conscious state. I’d settle for an infield hit right now.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This isn’t funny any longer. No hit thru 6……Keller is killing us!

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

The Edman experiment at the top of the lineup needs to end, and soon…

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Will this team get no hit? Sheesh, Keller is very average but he’s making this offense look completely inept. You’d think he was straight out of the minors or something.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Edman struck out looking at an 0-2 fastball that could not have been more on the center of the plate. Sitting on a certain pitch is the only way I can think to explain that. Whose philosophy is it to sit on a pitch when it’s an 0-2 count? Situation hitting is awful or he was asleep.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Finally! Now can they move Marcel around to score?

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Keller has a 4.09 ERA for the season, but had a much better July. However, the last three games he had dropped back (4.95 ERA over those 3 games), so it’s not like he had been unhittable recently.

Cards have two hits (Ozuna and PDJ) to lead off the 7th, and Carp showing bunt.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How about three hits in a row? Carp drives in Ozuna and makes it 1-0!

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Carp delivers the first run with a single to score Ozuna. Still two runners on and no outs. Goodbye Bob Feller, or Brad Keller.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Four in a row! Yadi drives in Dejong…2-0.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years