Restructuring MiLB

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Restructuring MiLB

Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 484 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, the Astros leadership role came out over a year ago. This is from page 3 of this thread…

Also deMause cited the term “McKinseyizing” baseball. Consulting for the firm is precisely how Luhnow came into contact with DeWitt all those years ago.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Manford is also responsible for this crime. He has hurt the game much more than he has helped it IMO. Another prize-winning son-of-a-biotch.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This ran 12 days ago, but I forgot to call attention to it at that time. Still relevant and worth reading…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

From Busch to Pillsbury…

TheBeave
    Participant

When do we expect the PDL’s to be signed and final leading to structuring the Minor Leagues and finally schedules?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

As I understand it, February 10 is the deadline, but if some of the 120 opt out, how long will it take for MLB to get replacement teams signed?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Rob Manfred has succeeded in making himself Pope of baseball.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Some changes coming to the rules in MiLB this year. Different levels will have different experimental rules. Among them will be the requirement at AA for all infielders to be on the dirt, with the possibility in the second half that shifts will be entirely banned.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31046691/major-league-baseball-deploy-several-experimental-rules-minor-leagues-season

1982 willie
    Participant

I have no problem with infielders having to be on dirt with no extra outfielders. I don’t like the ideal of no shifts. I get tired of mlb trying to manufacture great hitters instead of creating them.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1982 willie
    Participant

I don’t like either of those. Lengthening how far pitchers throw would only cause more injuries, the other just seems stupid.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Wasn’t one of the reasons about contraction of MiLB teams that players would be better compensated and treated better?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Good to see the conditions have improved with the cost savings this year.

1982 willie
    Participant

That is really stupid. MLB should be so proud of itself. Though to be fair, I’m sure back in the day it wasn’t as nice as that.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

That is truly pathetic.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

An explanation.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Funny, I always receive email confirmations when I book a hotel room, whether I do so personally or through a corporate travel department, and whether I do so through the hotel directly or through a travel site.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Back off the Angels. Have to cover bad contracts somehow.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is shocking. Sounds even sadistic in a way. If I’m a parent with a twenty-something boy living under these conditions, I’m livid about it, and I want it fixed. Moreno must be a sicko.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

One rule change idea is not being well accepted. (Also, I encourage you to read the author’s other article on brain drain in MLB. Very, very interesting and something I have seen.

When you get excited about the possibility of big free agent signings this coming winter, temper them against the economic background explained in the article.

Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 484 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years