Playoff Rotation/Roster

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Playoff Rotation/Roster

Viewing 19 posts - 76 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You want to give Arozarena a spot with his 20 ABs while dissing ONeill and his 130 ABs and 2 partial seasons? ONeill could also be in the mix next season if the FO uses their freaking head instead of spending on Ozuna and hopefully find a way to trade JMartinez and Fowler.I have no problem with a OF mix of O`Neill,Bader,Arozarena,Thomas,maybe Justin Williams and you know Schildt will play Edman in the OF sometimes also plus possibly Dylan Carlson could make a appearance next season.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

So Ponce is now the 2014 version of Michael Wacha? Who the hell constructs these rosters? Munoz over O’Neil? Why?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Munoz is the back up shortstop. That is probably more valuable than the sixth outfielder.

Who would you have chosen in the pen over Ponce?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Martinez and munoz haven’t been great recently.

Martinez pinch-hitting on 9-22 vs. CHC tripled to lead off the ninth which ignited the Card’s comeback in 3-2 win. In his last start on 9-25 he was 3-5 with a double and another triple and 2 RBIs.

Maybe not super-great but pretty damn good.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t have one gripe with the roster other than I’d like to see Hudson used as a starter somewhere along the line.

Participant

Free

I believe Hudson may be getting the third or fourth game.

Participant

Free

well brian, your thought that carp would play and bader would sit didn’t pan out. I understand your thinking I guess but I like how it turned out. bader with his speed did make something happen and when the time came where we needed a hit with runners on, we had a strong pinch hitter in carp to turn to. munoz and Martinez haven’t done a whole lot lately in pinch hitting so I feel we need carp for those situations.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

I would have thought that a lot of the braves players were draftees. oh well.

Participant

Paid - Annual

This should serve as a reminder that the default thinking that the Dodgers are built through huge free agent spending and massive payrolls is a myth. Friedman doesn’t do it that way. They are mostly home grown although their payroll is still a bit bloated due to bad contracts from the previous regime and from extensions to existing players. He is a small market executive working in a big market.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I think it was the TV crew yesterday speculating about Wacha trying to work his way back on the roster and that he threw recently.

Also, does Aroz get replaced on the LCS roster due to his brain-dead social media broadcast of Shildt’s f-bomb speech?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Also, does Aroz get replaced on the LCS roster due to his brain-dead social media broadcast of Shildt’s f-bomb speech?

Good question. Steve Phillips of MLB Radio was all over Shildt and Arozarena this morning for the expletives.

Personally I don’t fault Shildt because what happens in the clubhouse should stay in the clubhouse. Randy learned a big lesson there I hope.

Participant

Free

Also he looked completely lost at the plate in his game 4 appearance. He didn’t look much better yesterday or in game 1.

If you aren’t going to use him in the outfield with Edman serving as the 4th outfielder, then you might as well go ahead and bring Knizner up so Weiters can pinch hit.

Arozarena can join the roster if an outfielder gets hurt.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No punishment for Randy (not suggesting it was warranted). No Wacha replacing Ponce.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Game 1: Mikolas
    Game 2: Wainwright
    Game 3: Flaherty
    Game 4: Hudson

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I saw the opening of Shildt’s press conference. He confirmed Wacha has improved and might continue progressing enough to be ready later in the series, but overall was not comfortable making the roster change now.

It sounded like there’s a good chance Wacha would be on the potential WS roster, or even used as an injury replacement if needed later in the NLCS.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It could also be saying the right things to help Wacha save face. Dunno.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I didn’t consider that, Brian. The psychological aspects seem to be considered more than ever these days.

Viewing 19 posts - 76 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years