Moises Gomez

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Moises Gomez

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    GameCard
    Participant

Free

Is there serious interest by the Cardinals or any other team in him? His 2022 MILB stats are off the charts.
    2022 MiLB Stats 348 76 106 32 77 8 .305 .381 1.030
    MiLB Career Stats 2075 327 530 87 320 43 .255 .322 .778
    Year
    2022 MiLB Stats
    MiLB Career Stats Next MEM Game: 8-16 @ GWN
    Stats

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think we will see what he can do in MLB some time next year. Mo doesn’t want another Adolis Garcia.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

but somebody might.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Hopefully the Cardinals have learned that there is a reason they drafted or signed the guys they did, and to trust their instincts. Don’t give anyone away until you have given them a chance.

bccran
    Participant

Who has the most all around potential? Yepez or Gomez?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At this point Yepez because he has proven it at the highest level.

It is hard to ignore the season Gomez has put together though. It is reminiscent of what Adolis Garcia and Tyler O’Neill did, at least for one year. The competition for the Cardinal OF/DH spots will be fierce the next couple of years so I don’t know if Gomez will make it in St. Louis or not. He could be a good trade piece at least.

Trading Adolis Garcia wasn’t the sin. The sin was trading him for nothing. The Cardinals gave him away. I don’t think we will make that mistake with Gomez. He might help us land a frontline starter.

bccran
    Participant

Not asking about the highest level. Asking about the highest overall ceiling between the two.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As I said Yepez would get my vote.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

For potential I take Gomez. Yepez never showed the power Gomez hás.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I think we will see what he can do in MLB some time next year. Mo doesn’t want another Adolis Garcia.

What does he do but k a lot, and drive in runs? His OPS is is mid .700?

Dude is overrated! We miss him about as bad a he misses us.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gomez has to mprove his K rate.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yepez has had success for a few years now. Gomez has had one big year. He will need to do it again next year to prove this year wasn’t a fluke.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Even with flaws, Gomez leading all of the minors (not just the Cardinals system) in home runs while handling the move from Double-A to Triple-A at age 23 seems notable. His Triple-A OPS is .893.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

They both can be good.

bccran
    Participant

Yepez at Memphis this season – .273/.318/.596/.914

Gomez at Memphis this season after being called up from Springfield –
    .274/.345/.548/.894

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At this point Yepez is the more proven player but we shall see what the future brings. If they both continue to slug and the Cardinals have to find room for both it will be a nice problem to have.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Agreed. Competition is always good. Perceived roster conflicts always get worked out, though sometimes too slowly for the impatient.

If Gomez hits his way onto the 40-man, that is good for the Cardinals and takes nothing away from Yepez or anyone else. Roster spots always open up in the off-season.

bccran
    Participant

Just wondering how it sorts out with Yepez, Gomez, and Walker. And how O’Neill and Carlson fit into the equation. Plus Burly from the left side. It’ll be interesting.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

With some possible high ceiling guys in the pipeline, the off season will be a good time to deal someone like Carlson, who is an enticing potential future star, for a good pitcher.

Then again, we already did something similar the Bader-Montgomery deal.

bccran
    Participant

Who’s the better trade chip, Mike, Carlson or O’Neill?
    Both from the seller’s and buyer’s standpoint.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Do not trade Carlson, a switch hitter. O’Neill can be replaced by Gorman or Walker.
    Line-up=
    C-Contreras
    1B-Goldy
    2B-Edman
    SS-DeJong
    3B-Arenado
    LF-Gorman
    CF-Carlson
    RF-Walker
    DH-Burleson vs LH/Yepez RH

bccran
    Participant

GameCard –
    That’s really interesting. I like that a lot. Most of us haven’t paid enough attention to moving Gorman to LF. Then Winn replaces DeJong when DeJong’s contract is up at the end of 2023?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman and his 43rd percentile sprint speed to the OF to replace one of the 12 fastest players in baseball? That after trading another of baseball’s best defenders to clear room for a lesser defender in CF? And then throw a rookie with a couple months experience into RF? Yeah, that is definitely not happening.

I get that the old school doesn’t like O’Neill…he whiffs a lot and doesn’t hit for much average. Yet 2021 is exactly why you don’t sell low on him. Gorman in LF, for all his talent, doesn’t offer the floor or the ceiling that Tyler has.

There are guys who probably peaked this year or in the last two and offer a much lower ceiling that you could get a lot more from…Edman, Gallegos, Woodford, Gomez come to mind.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I likeGomez as a trade chip, and I would add him to our 40 man roster, but would like to include him in a deal this offseason for pitching. I am not sure that Gomez won’t be a AAAA player.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

The line-up that I posted obviously was not for this year. It also assumes O’Neill gets traded. I like O’Neill and I am for keeping him but think that the Cardinals probably move him. He is injured an awful lot. Gorman is an LH power hitter and would fit in well as a corner OF’er. Walker seems to me to an RF’er.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.