Minor League Game Thread – Week of June 8-13

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor League Game Thread – Week of June 8-13

Viewing 19 posts - 51 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Something easy to miss, especially amidst Gorman’s homerun barrage. But Memphis batted Kramer Robertson at leadoff the last two nights. Friday night, he went 0-0 with 4 walks and one HBP. Last night, he went 2-3 with two singles and a walk. He raised his OBP by 40 points in two nights.

Given the Cardinals don’t have a leadoff hitter who can get on base, it would seem to be in their interest to have Memphis bat Robertson at leadoff the rest of the year.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have always liked Robertson. I don’t know if he is a MLB starter or not but I think he can be just as good as Edmundo Sosa. I would rather see Robertson on the STL bench rather than paying Carp $18M to hit below .200. I haven’t given up on Delvin Perez yet either.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Winn hits his second grand slam of the season!! Beach Birds up 6-0!!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the biggest thing I saw about Gorman’s home run barrage was his 4th at bat where he patiently took a walk. It would have been very normal to have aggressive hacks trying for the quad.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At least the minor league teams seem to be playing better.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Speaking of Robertson, did he morph into a 2nd baseman since 2019, or is it just they want Mendoza to get the reps at shortstop?

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Robertson will definitely be a bench player his first few years, it has usually taken him a month or two to adjust to each new level. But he has progressed steadily.

I think they are just trying to get Mendoza reps at SS. They already know Robertson can play 2B, 3B & SS.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

It is frustrating to watch the management of the minor league teams. Over and over, a pitcher walks the bases full, or walks in a run after walking the bases full, and they leave him in the game.

Are they trying to build character, what? If he can’t find the plate, pull him!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

13 walks so far in Palm Beach game. 8 PB batters, and 5 St Lucie.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Winn doubles home 2 more! 6 rbis on the day so far.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pretty safe as to who will be player of the day today, as Winn drives in his 7th run of the game.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A former power prospect is starting to hit at Peoria. Leandro Cedenolaunched his 3rd homer, and has hit the ball well the 10 days to 2 weeks. He was struggling mightily prior to that.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Two players really turning it on!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Great, great week for Nolan Gorman. Incredible week, really. But maybe not the best week of anyone on his team.

Gorman: .346/.393/1.154 for an OPS of 1.547
    Mr. X: .429/.600/1.143 for an OPS of 1.743

Moreover, Mr. X also fanned just 3 times while walking 5, and Nolan struck out 7 times while drawing just two walks.

Now Mr. X may not have even been eligible for league Player of the Week, since MLB Pipeline doesn’t yet have him in their top 30 Cardinal prospects. But the 22-year-old deserves some small scrap of public recognition for his tremendous 20 trips to the plate last week. This is that scrap.

Here’s to you, Aaron Antonini!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Antonini is playing very well. He gives the Springfield a dangerous 8th or 9th place hitter (for now any way). He has some pop, and might just hit 20-25 homers.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The nickname(Mr. X ) just might stick, Bobby. As Harry might say….Aaron Antonini spelled backwards is Noraa Ininotna. He had a great week, but those 3 bombs that Gorman ralphed in one game can’t be beat.

Viewing 19 posts - 51 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years