Minor League Game Thread – Week of June 8-13

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor League Game Thread – Week of June 8-13

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    forsch31
    Participant

Free

Thanks KS. It’s always good to hear about the prospects.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lunn has been pretty good. He has potential to be a Suppan type. And yet another member of the productive 2019 draft, which boasts 7 starting pitchers in the system, plus one traded in the Arenado deal. As bad as their minor league pitching has been where would they be if they would have produced some duds in that draft class.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Mcgovern signing is interesting. It would be a Cinderella story if he had some kind of success. Also keen on seeing Dalatri. I would imagine these guys will rely far more on experience than stuff.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman with 2 absolute bombs. 780 to 800 plus feet of homers. 7 homers now, after a slow start. I really like that Springfield lineup. Not any easy outs of the 9. Nice to see Dilatri struck out the side. I assume he’ll be starting next time?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Both Gorman dingers are in this thread. He now has a .315/.387/.512 line.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It is good to see that Gorman is playing a good deal of 2B and hitting at or near the top of the order with a healthy OBP against righties. I do note that he is having big trouble vs LHP so would be vulnerable to a pen move at key ABs. I have no idea if he can hit to all fields effectively, but guys who can usually don’t have such a pronounced split.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At this point, our team needs anyone who can hit righties so I don’t think it’ll be a huge worry. In 2019 he was about the same against lefties as he was against righties, although he had a wider split in 2018 as well. Still, he has shown the ability to adjust and hopefully will do the same in Springfield before moving up.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Saturday, June 12

Memphis vs. Gwinnett: Matthew Liberatore LHP (0-3, 5.48) 6:35
    Springfield vs. Arkansas: Andre Pallante RHP (2-1, 2.51) 6:05
    Peoria vs. Quad Cities: Logan Gragg (0-2, 3.94) 6:35
    Palm Beach at St. Lucie: Inohan Paniagua RHP (2-1, 3.55) 5:10

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Despite committing the only 3 errors of the game, our surging Chiefs still hung on to clip Quad Cities River Bandidos 6-5. Lunn pitched a very efficient 7 innings, yielding 1 run on 7 hits, while striking out 4 and issuing no free passes. Pages and Chamberlain both lofted balls out of the park and Peoria, after losing the first game of this 6 game series, have come roaring back to capture victory in the next 3. Which makes one wonder….in the history of professional baseball, has a team ever lost the first game of a series and then came back to win the next 5? Recalling those old 9 game World Series’ back when Shoeless Joe Jackson & Co. we’re rigging games, it’s certainly possible, but still unlikely. Maybe this burning question could be best answered by our good friend Skippy and his crack staff over at the esteemed Elias Sports Bureau.
    A quick shout out to 1st base ump, Justin Juska aka “Jus-Jus”, in last night’s game, as his calls in this entire series have been crisp, clear and most importantly correct. 869 happy fans tickled the turnstiles at Dozer Park in a game that took 3 hours and 5 minutes to complete.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Assuming a DH is in play next year, Gorman and/or Burleson could be part of that equation in 2022.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You are quite right C27. We all know about Gorman but Burleson is really turning some heads. While two months is still a small sample I suspect he will be rocketing up the prospect rankings. He is why I like drafting college players.

dac8b9
    Participant

Assuming a DH is in play next year, Gorman and/or Burleson could be part of that equation in 2022.

An exciting tidbit is that they are both lefties at the plate which we sorely need. I also am excited that both Gorman and Burleson seem to be well balanced hitters that can hit for power and get on base without striking out a ton. What Gorman is going at Springfield is eerily reminiscent of Carlsons breakout year there, and Gorman is basically the same age as Carlson was when he lit Springfield up.

Hopefully both finish this year with time at Memphis and may be well positioned with a good spring training next year to make the big league club by mid season. This is assuming there is no strike of course.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman with another bomb!! 4 homers in the last 3 games, and I believe 5 on the week.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman does it again!! 2 innings, 2 homers!! I do not remember a hitter hitting 3 homers in 3 innings, but it would be interesting if there is an extended third inning, and he gets to bat again.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Perez joins in on the homer fun!! Back to back, as Gorman does it again!! A 3 homer night!! And Donavan makes it back to back to back. So much for the win blowing in from right.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am wondering if Liberatore has a several good starts, that he might join the big club. I really think 2022 would be his year, but he may force the Cards hand.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Maybe the most encouraging overall night of the year

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Just saw that Peoria added another Indy pitcher named Cory Thompson. Lots of potential help coming since our pitching depth has been erratic!

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman 3 HR’s tonight. Should get an all-star break callup to Memphis unless they keep him at Springfield to work on other defensive positions.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sunday, June 13

Memphis vs. Gwinnett: Bernardo Flores Jr LHP (2-2, 5.48) 2:05
    Springfield vs. Arkansas: Dalton Roach RHP (1-3, 6.08) 6:05
    Peoria vs. Quad Cities: Michael YaSenka (0-2, 6.49) 1:35
    Palm Beach at St. Lucie: Jose Moreno RHP (0-3, 9.28) 11:10 a.m.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Peoria could be on the brink of a first. Dropping the first game and then come storming back to take the next 5 games in a series. And what would make the accomplishment extra special would be doing it vs such a quality opponent (QC). I’m not feeling much confidence in today’s game though with YaSeNkA manning the mound. Hope he proves me wrong as this would be an astonishing feat if the Chiefs can pull it off.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have been around TCN long enough to know it is pointless to encourage taking a rational approach to Gorman. But he hits from the left side and that presents issues with the shift at the MLB level. I hope and pray somebody is teaching the kid to hit instead of patting each other on the back after the MiLB moon shots and adding up the exit velocities and launch angles.

Opponents are already figuring out Dylan Carlson. He is presently .235 BA and .322 OBP while hitting from the left side, which is most of the time. His overall line is propped up by strong numbers from the right side, which is why nobody has yet figured out that .235/.322 will not cut it hitting in the 2 slot, or anywhere up in the order. Gorman will not have the platoon split to obscure the reality so I just hope he knows how to hit.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.