Minor League Game Thread – Week of August16-22

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor League Game Thread – Week of August16-22

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Koperniak has quietly been good this year. I’ll be curious if he can somehow find his way to a cup of MLB coffee some day. It would be cool for the Brit to make it.

Jonathan Mejia is also justifying his lofty initial ranking. He had a 143 wRC+ going into yesterday. I’m interested to see him come over here next year.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran
    Participant

McGreevey’s been kicked around a bit at AA.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

McGreevey and Graceffo are in the same boat having a handful of starts in class A before moving up to AA. We will have to see how that works out.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Pushing pitchers ahead aggressively can lead to some early bumps. But let’s not forget that just 14 months ago, the two were college juniors. Holding their own at Double-A already is pretty good progress, IMO.

Season to date, there are just two qualifying pitchers in the entire Texas League with ERAs under 4.11. The overall ERA across the Texas League is 5.10. (Springfield is 5.53.) Some tough parks to pitch in.

bccran
    Participant

Great to know, Brian. Thank you. Just hope they don’t lose their confidence going through waters that are a little rougher. I seem to remember that someone once said that AA is roughly equivalent to D-1 (larger program) college baseball. Is there any truth to that?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I hadn’t heard that and I question it. How many D1 pitchers start their pro careers in Double-A, which would supposedly be the same level of competition as they just came from? Have any? I can’t think of one.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Matthew Liberatore, who was scheduled to start Friday, is now Memphis’ pitcher tonight.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Angel draftee picher Ben Joyce started his minor league career this year in AA but certainly the exception

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Liberatore was a disaster tonight. 4 hits and 3 walks in 2.2 IP. 3 ER. He’s been getting pummeled since he went down, especially lately.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You sort of wonder…was there a crackdown on the sticky stuff in MiLB too? Cause the pitchers have generally struggled for the last two years.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

stlcard…I’ve often wondered about whether or not a catcher or a pitcher has any influence over whether or not a baseball remains in play. Seems like they hand the ball to the HPU for the purpose of discarding it every time it’s in the dirt, foul tipped etc. I’d think a pitcher could use a little blemish in the form of a scuff to increase the action on one of his offerings and demand to have the ball thrown back to him. I guess I think too much…

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Buchburger and Walker both hit 2 homers and counting. Walker and his Springfield team are still playing. Palm Beach game is suspended. Pinder, despite his advanced age for AA, has 46 rbis in 51 games.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Friday’s #STLCards minors probables:

Mem at Gwi: RH Tommy Parsons (8-3, 4.74)

Spr vs Ark, RH Gordon Graceffo (5-3, 4.13) (p)

Peo vs QC: RH Dionys Rodriguez (3-11, 4.59)

PB vs FtM: RH Jose Davila (0-0, 1.32) + completion of Thu suspended game

FCL at Hou Blue + completion of Thu suspended game

DSL vs Tex Blue

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice work for Walker. It seems like he should have a higher than .212 ISO, but he’s hit really well this year. I’m still hoping for a late callup to Memphis and a shot at debuting in 2023.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I am also hoping for Arizona Fall League.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

14NyquisT
    Participant

Of course Tommy Jew (4 for 5) was the “Player of the Day”. Hey wait they got it wrong again. It is very annoying when the subjective choice are…. what’s the word?…. you know.

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

No, Ny, I don’t know. Enlighten me

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.